+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camarasa coming back?

Camarasa coming back?

https://twitter.com/millar_colin/sta...163274241?s=21

Not sure of the veracity of this source...

Re: Camarasa coming back?

Good player, when he's in the mood. I can't see this happening with us looking to make cutbacks, and with his wages we could probably get three other players in. Mind you he'd be better than Tomlin in that position, much more energy.

I don't think it would be a good use of funds on a loan player.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Good player, when he's in the mood. I can't see this happening with us looking to make cutbacks, and with his wages we could probably get three other players in. Mind you he'd be better than Tomlin in that position, much more energy.

Agreed, unless there was some hope of him making things permanent. I never really thought that he was that great anyway, he was capable of moments of quality but did used to go missing at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    https://twitter.com/millar_colin/sta...163274241?s=21

Not sure of the veracity of this source...
    Tan won't spend because he's got his fingers burnt. We know Camarasa is good. I'd have him back in a heartbeat. It isn't going to happen but he's a footballer which we don't have anywhere near enough of.

If only, can't see it myself, annoying though with Victor , one more good fullback , decent goal poacher on loan , and we could easily rattle a few on the run in .

This season and the appointment sounds like we are happy where we are , get rid of some older long term expensive contracts in the summer , and go again .

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post

Be a good permanent signing though.

I'm not so sure it would be for a Championship side. Transfer fee and wages would stretch our budget.
    Lovely player to watch when on his game, however, I do have question marks about whether he's up to the rigorous demands of British football and the Championship in particular.

Is he even on that much money? Real Betis is not a very rich club, and he is not in their first team.

if we could get him for decent wages and offer £5m or so

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Is he even on that much money? Real Betis is not a very rich club, and he is not in their first team.

Apparently he is on £65k from Palace a week which sadly is too much for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I'm not so sure it would be for a Championship side. Transfer fee and wages would stretch our budget.
    Lovely player to watch when on his game, however, I do have question marks about whether he's up to the rigorous demands of British football and the Championship in particular.
    100% agree.

Any quality player I would welcome here.
    He had limited quality around him last season which contributed to him being "hot and cold".

He may struggle with the championship's demands but he could only have 20 games to play in it!

Would be a big statement of intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Tan won't spend because he's got his fingers burnt. We know Camarasa is good. I'd have him back in a heartbeat. It isn't going to happen but he's a footballer which we don't have anywhere near enough of.
    When last did Tan spend speculatively, as opposed to plugging the holes with polyfilla?

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post

Apparently, his loan deal with Palace includes a commitment to make the transfer permanent for a fee of €13.5m if he makes 15 or more appearances for them this season. Obviously that isn't going to happen, but it shows that we can't afford him.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...alace-17534144

The expert view on Victor Camarasa's possible Cardiff City return and the big hope Bluebirds fans can have amid bleak Crystal Palace future

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Apparently, his loan deal with Palace includes a commitment to make the transfer permanent for a fee of €13.5m if he makes 15 or more appearances for them this season. Obviously that isn't going to happen, but it shows that we can't afford him.
    Why can't we afford that? That sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Any quality player I would welcome here.
    He had limited quality around him last season which contributed to him being "hot and cold".

He may struggle with the championship's demands but he could only have 20 games to play in it!

Would be a big statement of intent.
    I'm playing devil's advocate here.

Take away the name Camarasa. Pretend we never knew him.

How would we all feel about signing a 25 year old midfielder who has only 2 fullish seasons to his name, who got relegated from the Premier League, where he was part of the worst midfield in the division and has subsequently struggled to even make the matchday squad for another struggling Premier League side?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

How would we all feel about signing a 25 year old midfielder who has only 2 fullish seasons to his name, who got relegated from the Premier League, where he was part of the worst midfield in the division and has subsequently struggled to even make the matchday squad for another struggling Premier League side?
    But we do know who he is and we know he's decent and better than what we have currently.

I'd much rather spend our money on Camarasa than two or three "grafters"

Signing him would transform the midfield. A midfield of Ralls, Camarasa and Tomlin in the Championship would be sublime

Won't happen though

Take away the name Bale and pretend we never knew him. How would we feel about Wales taking a 30 year old forward who's scored 2 goals this season to the European Championship?

strange comment

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Why can't we afford that? That sounds like a pretty good deal to me.
    I can't see us spending over £10m on one player while we're in the Championship with no realistic chance of promotion, especially when the situation regarding the Sala transfee fee is unresolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Apparently he is on £65k from Palace a week which sadly is too much for us.
    And a question has to be asked is he worth that ??

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Take away the name Bale and pretend we never knew him. How would we feel about Wales taking a 30 year old forward who's scored 2 goals this season to the European Championship?
    Mmm, annotate over priced footballer

Forget all you know about Camarasa, pretend he is nothing but a void in space and time, an infinite black hole in time itself.

How would you feel about signing him? Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    In Bale's case, he has many seasons of top performances at the very highest level. Camarasa can hardly claim to have played lots of regular football before joining us. He's 25 now, not a kid.

I just have a gut instinct that Camarasa is a tidy player compared with what we have, but that's it. I wouldn't spend tens of millions on him or give him huge wages. There's hardly a clamour of Premier League sides wanting his services.

Had he been consistently streets ahead of any of our midfield last season I'd be genuinely excited at any prospect, but then again we wouldn't be in the running for him again. I'm not saying I wouldn't have him here, of course I would, but I wouldn't spend the earth on him or give him high wages, either.