+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: More money off the taxpayer

More money off the taxpayer

And jobs for the security boys, they will be fighting amongst themselves to get this jolly in Canada. Should be stripped of their titles, will never happen though.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-51043220

Re: More money off the taxpayer

He could always turn up in Coronation Street to earn a few bob, Harry & Concepta Hewitt’s long lost grandson. No need for a name change either.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

At what point do you consider yourself to be financially independent when the both of them are multi millionaires

Un fkg believable

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    He could always turn up in Coronation Street to earn a few bob, Harry & Concepta Hewitt’s long lost grandson. No need for a name change either.

Aw bless 'em. They just want to have a normal life.
    They both seem pretty unstable to me.

Dipping in and out of duties when it suits.
    The royalists will be fuming. Her Majesty to put her foot down and make them outcasts.

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    At what point do you consider yourself to be financially independent when the both of them are multi millionaires

Un fkg believable
    That's my only issue with it, is he going to give up all his cash and start from scratch? At least she has earned hers independently anyway.

I've got no issue with them stepping back though, Megan gets a ridiculous amount of grief from the press in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    And jobs for the security boys, they will be fighting amongst themselves to get this jolly in Canada. Should be stripped of their titles, will never happen though.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-51043220
    You are such a "snowflake", get wound up by everything the media wants you to be wound up by.

I bet you call in to the Wright Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    You are such a "snowflake", get wound up by everything the media wants you to be wound up by.

I bet you call in to the Wright Stuff
    Not wound up at all, just amazed, as this privillaged pair seem to have it all. Mehgan has persuaded Harry that the best place for them to live is in Canada where she has many famous friends. I don't think that when they say they would spend their time between the UK and Canada that they will spend much time in the UK. hence the post about security paid for by the taxpayer. Do you think that if they did not have their royal titles they would earn a vast amoount of money? I don't think they would.
    Ps what the hell is the wright stuff

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It's a coincidence that you mentioned Coronation Street because whenever the OP turns up I see Albert Tatlock. Perhaps I've got him wrong but when I think of those who spread love and sunlight on here the OP's name rarely comes to mind.

Not wound up at all, just amazed, as this privillaged pair seem to have it all. Mehgan has persuaded Harry that the best place for them to live is in Canada where she has many famous friends. I don't think that when they say they would spend their time between the UK and Canada that they will spend much time in the UK. hence the post about security paid for by the taxpayer. Do you think that if they did not have their royal titles they would earn a vast amoount of money? I don't think they would.
    Considering Megan Markell was a pretty famous actress before she married Harry I'd say they'd be fine for cash. That's why I find the make their own way a bit disingenuous. Other than that I couldn't care less, she seems a nice girl who came from a pretty humble background and for some reason gets non stop grief from the British press.

I see there's been the expected understated response in the media;-

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-royal-rupture

Right and left wing papers all in on this, the whole lot having a go at them, i am sorry but i have to agree

Right and left wing papers all in on this, the whole lot having a go at them, i am sorry but i have to agree
    You don’t, you could just keep your nose out and not continuously post about things you seem outraged about.

Heisenberg

I don't think that when they say they would spend their time between the UK and Canada that they will spend much time in the UK. hence the post about security paid for by the taxpayer.
    If they were to remain in the public eye on Royal duties, how much do you think it would cost the taxpayer to fund the security for all of the global travel that's expected of them on an annual basis? Would you say that it's more or less than if they stay in one place (wherever that may be) for the majority of the time?

Strange way to start the transfer window

Isn't now the time to sell Buck Pal to Disney? Flog the Crown Estates, disband the lot and just have wax models at Madame Tussauds for those that give a feck? More ornaments hanging on than a bloody Christmas tree.