+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grounds at which the Union Jack isn’t present.

Re: Grounds at which the Union Jack isn’t present.

I'll tell you one thing then I'll say no more on the matter.

Whilst I hope and pray that these comments are not typical of our supporters now, if the club gets a name for this sort of thing it will spell disaster. There'd obviously be hostility towards our fans when travelling, but there'd be fire in the hearts of every opponent on the field. Players won't want to sign for us and I could even imagine calls for us to be chucked out of the English league and FA cup in the end.

I'm sure this is a minority of twisted nutters, but I wish someone else would speak up.

I'd just like to say that the Union Flag can go **** itself and the Union Jack can go **** itself on a boat.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post

Whilst I hope and pray that these comments are not typical of our supporters now, if the club gets a name for this sort of thing it will spell disaster. There'd obviously be hostility towards our fans when travelling, but there'd be fire in the hearts of every opponent on the field. Players won't want to sign for us and I could even imagine calls for us to be chucked out of the English league and FA cup in the end.

I'm sure this is a minority of twisted nutters, but I wish someone else would speak up.
    Now you’re linking the English league with the Union Jack, I thought the English flag was the Red Cross one? As for players not signing, do you reckon that the non UK players, of which there are many, check the flag preferences of the supporters of the club they’re intending to sign for? Saying that do even UK players give a shite about it?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    If I hadn't seen it consistently with my own eyes I wouldn't believe that it was possible for someone to f**k up quoting threads as consistently as splott parker
    F*ck off Baker

I wonder if Cox(e) will play at Carlisle?

You really should spend an evening in Aldershot or Colchester telling off duty squaddies that, instead of mouthing off behind your keyboard.
    What an utterly ridiculous thing to say

You really should spend an evening in Aldershot or Colchester telling off duty squaddies that, instead of mouthing off behind your keyboard.
    Have you ever eulogised about the virtues of the British Empire and proudly defended the UJ in the Rock Bar on Falls Road (without a machine gun in hand....obvs) , Ronnie Big Balls ?

Don't get the problem, it's the British flag, we are British.

We are also conversing in English, use the British pound, carry a British passport, support a club in the English pyramid and can enjoy only fools and horses.

It's a good life boyos, don't get the need to be all anti establishment and edgy.

Ow boyos...this thread was supposed to be more along the lines of a “which clubs have triangular flags” trivia question anyway. Just curious as to whether there are other clubs which don’t bother with the union jack.

Don’t see why some people need to get their undies in such a twist.

This thread isn’t titled “Hands up if you ****in hate that flag and rattle Ronnie Bird’s cage in the process”. Take it up with the city fans who refrain from putting it up on match days, not me or anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Fantastic, I think I speak for most on here when I say you won't missed.

And just so we're clear - the Union Jack can go f**k itself
    I'm with Delmbox.

Whoever's behind this account should try for a career in comedy, its gold

Cardiff have a few fans who support Cardiff and Rangers. Seen a flag with Cardiff Loyalists on it and badges of both clubs.

Thomas Fish is one of them. I believe he also supports Merthyr and was supporting England at the last World Cup.

Touchy.

Don't mess with the catering corps.