+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: McBurnie

Re: McBurnie

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Just reading the BBC article about it and it quotes McBurnie as a Swansea fan. Is this a lifelong thing or a recent development because he never had a football team to follow as a youngster? Christ, if I saw Mats Daehli at the next derby giving plenty of hand gestures towards the Jacks and saying he's there because he's a Cardiff fan, I'd have him sectioned.
    Why do you care? Why is this even still being talked about

He was there with Joe Rodon and Brett Johns (a UFC fighter), doesn't take a genius to figure out they're his mates from his time down with Swansea and he's having a day out with them. Gestures were a bit sad but I had a man in his fifties in front of me, gesturing to Swansea fans to scrap him after the game. Shit happens, move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Why do you care? Why is this even still being talked about

He was there with Joe Rodon and Brett Johns (a UFC fighter), doesn't take a genius to figure out they're his mates from his time down with Swansea and he's having a day out with them. Gestures were a bit sad but I had a man in his fifties in front of me, gesturing to Swansea fans to scrap him after the game. Shit happens, move on.
    Yep, so we've agreed he's been a bit of a mong. Sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    All the whining on here makes you all look small minded .
    But please carry on I wouldn’t want to spoil the look .
    No one is whining.

I was making the point that a professional footballer should act like one. Not some cretin rubbernecking opposition fans.

You may think it 'normal' and full of passion, but with your background..... oh never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Don’t mind Trundle. He has a bit of banter with it.
    Agree with this. A very good footballer, who seems to love the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Are any of you criticising him on here guilty of the same behaviour? Just wondered.
    So, are you condoning his behaviour?

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    I was making the point that a professional footballer should act like one.
    And how should a professional footballer act exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    So, are you condoning his behaviour?
    I think it’s quite funny, 23 with too much cash. I did far worse stuff

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    As a 'normal' fan. Not an asshole by sucking up to the hooligan element.
    You know what I mean?

As a 'normal' fan. Not an asshole by sucking up to the hooligan element.
    Ah, I see, that's what he was doing - sucking up to Swansea's hooligan element. So I presume all of the Cardiff fans (and there were thousands) making gestures at the Swansea fans were sucking up to Cardiff's hooligan element?

Whole thing is a non story, so what if he’s in the with the Swansea fans and he makes a hand gesture, he’s only 23 and probably didn’t think it through in that moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Whole thing is a non story, so what if he’s in the with the Swansea fans and he makes a hand gesture, he’s only 23 and probably didn’t think it through in that moment.
    It wasn't just a 'gesture', it was gestures. He was shown on TV making them. The retarded thick chavvie was obviously getting some sort of ego massage, by surrounding himself with equally retarded individuals. He is a professional footballer and should be setting an example, not acting like the lowest of low mentality wise at a football match

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    It wasn't just a 'gesture', it was gestures. He was shown on TV making them. The retarded thick chavvie was obviously getting some sort of ego massage, by surrounding himself with equally retarded individuals.
    This is what the majority of our fan base are like I don’t know why we are taking the moral high ground

Yeah he’s a complete berk but loads of people who follow football are. I don’t think he needs to be singled out for this.

As a role model perhaps

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    That’s not a comparison though .

I am also from hundreds of miles away and get quite passionate at Cardiff football matches .
    My professional life is totally separate from the life I enjoy following Cardiff .
    I think it’s great to see a football player going back to his club and showing a bit of passion .
    It may be embarrassing , as are the majority of the responses on here .
    You seemed to like my comment - you reposted it enough🤪

I think you missed something though ... I have no idea what you do but I’m assuming your professional life does not involve professional football... His does so his actions are related to his professional life aren’t they?

Why isn’t it a comparison?

Ah, I see, that's what he was doing - sucking up to Swansea's hooligan element. So I presume all of the Cardiff fans (and there were thousands) making gestures at the Swansea fans were sucking up to Cardiff's hooligan element?
    It's hardly normal.

Admittedly for a few it is. I disagree with thousands. You might like to think the majority are like minded, but you're wrong. You come from that background. A soft middle class boy attempting to make friends .

You remind me of that Kevin Bridges (?) Joke "Can I be your friend?

Stop making excuses for him, he''s a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    This is what the majority of our fan base are like I don’t know why we are taking the moral high ground

Yeah he’s a complete berk but loads of people who follow football are. I don’t think he needs to be singled out for this.
    I suppose it's the price you pay for being somewhat well-known. The profile offers rewards, but also has drawbacks. It works both ways - people also made comments about the guy stood next to him but nobody's jumped to his defence, I guess because nobody really knows him.

I think it's reasonable for a PL player to meet higher standards during a game than the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I think it's reasonable for a PL player to meet higher standards during a game than the fans.
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    As a role model perhaps
    Footballer as a role model. Hmm.

Warnock's mate, Simon Jordan, has given this a stir:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ansea-17564823

Slow news day!

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    A 4 page thread over nothing.
    Some people are missing the point of the thread, hardly surprising. Nobody is offended, angry or upset over mc Bernie flicking us the v's etc, just bemused by it all really. It's a bit like someone trolling you on here and you can't for the life of you work out why they're doing it, there's simply no rhyme or reason for him to hate us. By comparison, roger redstone should be waging war on the city of Cardiff considering the stick we gave him.
    People just find it all a bit odd when we've never really given him much stick or had the opportunity to do so. It seems to he another case of a cretinous Swansea based footballer who doesn't possess the ability to think for himself, befriending the mongtards down west and behaving like a naughty boy. It's a bit embarrassing for him really. It seems to be an issue with a few of their players over the years. It does speak volumes about the mentality down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Some people are missing the point of the thread, hardly surprising. Nobody is offended, angry or upset over mc Bernie flicking us the v's etc, just bemused by it all really. It's a bit like someone trolling you on here and you can't for the life of you work out why they're doing it, there's simply no rhyme or reason for him to hate us. By comparison, roger redstone should be waging war on the city of Cardiff considering the stick we gave him.
    People just find it all a bit odd when we've never really given him much stick or had the opportunity to do so. It seems to he another case of a cretinous Swansea based footballer who doesn't possess the ability to think for himself, befriending the mongtards down west and behaving like a naughty boy. It's a bit embarrassing for him really. It seems to be an issue with a few of their players over the years. It does speak volumes about the mentality down there.
    He has mates who support Swansea and he supports Swansea, that's why he's doing it. He's a young pillock and I wouldn't act that much of a chav but I can completely understand why he's there supporting Swansea and with doing that comes hating Cardiff.

Our fans are exactly the same towards Swansea, it's embarrassing how a lot of them act too.

I'm surprised so many people care about it tbh.

He seems happy enough to be the centre of attention in this pic mind.

Suppose you have to learn to accept the rough with the smooth when you're in that position.

OB2.JPG

It's hardly normal.

Admittedly for a few it is. I disagree with thousands. You might like to think the majority are like minded, but you're wrong. You come from that background. A soft middle class boy attempting to make friends .
    You had to try to make it personal, didn't you? Couldn't help yourself.

Were you at the CCS on Sunday? I was. Thousands of Cardiff fans of all ages, sexes and backgrounds, all around the ground, making the exact same gestures as McBurnie was making, as happens every single time these two clubs play each other at senior level.

So, are you also going to condemn all of those people, describe them as childish and claim they were sucking up to the hooligan element?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Clearly, it’s the mongtards he’s knocking about with, Neaths finest is it? Hate Cardiff first, then life can begin