+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glatzel v Paterson

Re: Glatzel v Paterson

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Must be a reason for that - though I'm blowed if I can remember what it is...
    Need the sniffer dogs on it to find out?

I don’t think Glatzel ever looks like doing anything. Can’t win a header, doesn’t seem very quick, his touch isn’t anything special and I’ve never seen him hit a clean shot.

I was hoping lack of service meant he wasn’t playing at his potential but on today’s showing I’m not impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Funny, I drove home listening to Rob Phillips' phone in and the virtually unanimous view was that Glatzel played well - I left the ground thinking that as well.
    Me too. Paterson can be effective in the air but can barely play football if we're honest. Doesn't seem to have the knack for arriving in the box at the right time like he was a doing few seasons ago which makes me wonder if he was just lucky then. I mean he was bought as a right back..

i dont even think glatzel even has any presence... not like when pat is on or coming on, you can sort of hear the deffenders thinking oh here we go pull my socks up this lad can do something... i dont get that same charachter and presence with glatzel... you want a deffender to be having a right handfull of a game because your forward is going at them hammer and tongs...

Callum : 242 games , 54 goals , 4 in Premiership . 10 in 32 games in the promotion year .

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I don’t think Glatzel ever looks like doing anything. Can’t win a header, doesn’t seem very quick, his touch isn’t anything special and I’ve never seen him hit a clean shot.

I was hoping lack of service meant he wasn’t playing at his potential but on today’s showing I’m not impressed.
    This. Our style of play seems to get the blame a lot for his shortcomings, but even when he has the ball played into his feet he doesnt fill with any confidence he can do anything with it. He even makes laying it off simple to a team mate look harder than it needs to be.

I cant even tell if hes supposed to be right or left footed as the few shots hes had never seem to be struck cleanly.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    You can say that again.
    He’s not your typical target man

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Me too. Paterson can be effective in the air but can barely play football if we're honest. Doesn't seem to have the knack for arriving in the box at the right time like he was a doing few seasons ago which makes me wonder if he was just lucky then. I mean he was bought as a right back..
    Ditto

both are crap
    windows open could easily get 25k for the both of them

Patterson did well when he came on . He isn’t the answer though . Lacks basic football skills .

Quite afew of our lot lack basic skills. They fitted a warnock mould

Get rid of both. Not good enough.