+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Honours even, but satisfaction at derby outcome shows how much expectations have dropped this season.

Honours even, but satisfaction at derby outcome shows how much expectations have dropped this season.

Re: Honours even, but satisfaction at derby outcome shows how much expectations have dropped this season.

In terms of expectations, it speaks volumes that the general feeling on our bus coming home was one of relief - relief that City had managed a draw with a mediocre Swansea side who are nothing more than an outside bet for the play-offs.

I thought Morrison was impressive yesterday and Peltier was solid. Glatzel had the best game I’ve seen him play for City, but that’s not saying much in truth.

I can’t recall seeing Pack mentioned in your blog piece, which isn’t surprising. He was awful. Slow, both physically and mentally, negative in possession and gave the ball away far too easily on a number of occasions. I was amazed to read a few people on here suggesting he’d played well. I thought he looked very poor.

Re: Honours even, but satisfaction at derby outcome shows how much expectations have dropped this season.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    In terms of expectations, it speaks volumes that the general feeling on our bus coming home was one of relief - relief that City had managed a draw with a mediocre Swansea side who are nothing more than an outside bet for the play-offs.

I thought Morrison was impressive yesterday and Peltier was solid. Glatzel had the best game I’ve seen him play for City, but that’s not saying much in truth.

I can’t recall seeing Pack mentioned in your blog piece, which isn’t surprising. He was awful. Slow, both physically and mentally, negative in possession and gave the ball away far too easily on a number of occasions. I was amazed to read a few people on here suggesting he’d played well. I thought he looked very poor.
    I mentioned Pack in relation to the cock up which led to Swansea hitting the post. I think we need to play Pack if we are trying to play more of a passing game, but if we want to move on in that approach we need players who can add tempo and incisiveness to it and Pack isn't doing that. -

That Swansea side is nowhere near the standard of some of the Swansea teams weve seen in the Championship under Martinez and Brenda. Weve also had the likes of Bellamy, Ramsey, Bothroyd.etc play for us in the derby in the last decade so its fair to say both clubs are a million miles away at the moment.

The quality just wasnt there from either side.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

From what I have seen of Pack, apart from the absolute banger that he scored against Brentford, he can only play in the CDM role that constitutes playing the ball sideways and backwards (which is always his instinctive response when he receives the ball)

That very much limits his contribution to any team as they HAVE to fit in a CDM into the formation.

He lacks pace and slows the game down desperately, something that our ponderous one paces team absolutely does not need.

Both wingers came in to the middle in 2nd half against Carlisle, running between the lines, and that was effective. Full backs were pushing up so they didn't need to hang onto their wings.

Slow progress as you say Mr Bob but what else can we expect right now? Get the points to avoid relegation and then see what we can do.

I understand people's feelings, but all considered with the new manager and players seemingly low on confidence and other things that I hear about them not getting much time to practice in training (mozza mentioned it after the game yesterday and I've heard it numerous other times too) I thought yesterday was acceptable. That was the word that sprang to mind after the final whistle.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    From what I have seen of Pack, apart from the absolute banger that he scored against Brentford, he can only play in the CDM role that constitutes playing the ball sideways and backwards (which is always his instinctive response when he receives the ball)

That very much limits his contribution to any team as they HAVE to fit in a CDM into the formation.

He lacks pace and slows the game down desperately, something that our ponderous one paces team absolutely does not need.
    Don't most teams have a defensive midfielder? Plenty have 2.

Swansea looked like one of those sides that train without goals. The emphasis quite rightly on controlling the ball, moving quickly, passing accurately, but little in the way of end product. Teams like Sheff Utd, Leeds, Forest, WBA, all seem to be moving away from the 'tippy tappy' mantra of the past decade..