+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rachel Maddow just turned Donald Trump’s impeachment trial completely upside down

Re: Rachel Maddow just turned Donald Trump’s impeachment trial completely upside down

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That same result with fifty three Democrats and forty seven Republicans and all of this gloating may have been justified, but seeing as I can't remember seeing a single post on here saying Trump would lose the vote, I don't get it - pretty childish really
    It's a very strange thing, as I'm not sure many British people would describe themselves as democrat or republican. I know I'd feel the same way if Trump was a democrat doing exactly the same thing.

Republican senators - some of whom should be witnesses in the trial that they are a voting juror at, some of whom
    publicly said they had decided which way to vote before it began, and some of whom have said 'yes trump did it but he can if he wants so we don't need any evidence' - will unanimously clear him this week. At best, it's a sad day for democracy, at worst it's a turning point in the move away from democracy.

Re: Rachel Maddow just turned Donald Trump’s impeachment trial completely upside down

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    What's your view on the Clinton impeachment, and its processes and acquitted by the Senate?
    You could be Gluey coming up with such an irrelevant point as that, but, to answer your question, it was purely a number's game in the cases of Clinton and Trump - once they had the support of their party the result was a foregone conclusion.

You could be Gluey coming up with such an irrelevant point as that, but, to answer your question, it was purely a number's game in the cases of Clinton and Trump - once they had the support of their party the result was a foregone conclusion.
    Actually Clinton's didn't follow party lines. Republicans outnumbered 55-45.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Actually Clinton's didn't follow party lines. Republicans outnumbered 55-45.
    But that wasn't enough to secure the required majority, once Clinton had the support of his party, he was fine.

But that wasn't enough to secure the required majority, once Clinton had the support of his party, he was fine.
    The Senate as in this case had a Democrats majority didn't it ?

The impeachment was brought against a popular president.

The democrats launched a big bombjng attack in Iraq at the time of the impeachment .

That's my point .

Yes that is true.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The Senate as in this case had a Democrats majority didn't it ?

The impeachment was brought against a popular president.

The democrats launched a big bombjng attack in Iraq at the time of the impeachment .

That's my point .
    No, that's not true.

They came up short with their articles of impeachment, and the only question left to answer is how and why did it all happen. I think that's where they will be heading next.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    They came up short with their articles of impeachment, and the only question left to answer is how and why did it all happen. I think that's where they will be heading next.
    Future proves past!!
    QP.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Well you would wouldn't you - as I said earlier fifty three Democrats and forty seven Republicans and we would have seen a majority against Trump for what it was worth, the vote was almost entirely down to tribalism with the side who had more of the electorate winning.

Well you would wouldn't you - as I said earlier fifty three Democrats and forty seven Republicans and we would have seen a majority against Trump for what it was worth, the vote was almost entirely down to tribalism with the side who had more of the electorate winning.
    Of course I would, cos impeachment is nothing more than Russia Collusion Mk.2, and these people need to be held to account for their continuing attempts to hijack the democratic process. Incidentally, why do you think this this kind of behaviour is acceptable?

The way that the house & senate are currently divided, the house and senate votes went exactly as one would have predicted. edit, this is not either a left or right wing view, it is strictly centrist