+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hounding of Meghan Markel by British tabloid press is racist apparently

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Hounding of Meghan Markel by British tabloid press is racist apparently

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The Middletons havent exactly given the media ammunition like the Markles have. Playing out a family rift in the public eye, trying to make us much money out of it as possible. Its made Eastenders look like Play School. Meghans sister is stark, raving bonkers regardless of the colour of her skin.
    I accept that totally, but it doesn't answer the question I posed. Yes, I know there are plenty of other reasons. My question was would Kate Middleton get exactly the same response from the press if she had Markle's skin colour.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I accept that totally, but it doesn't answer the question I posed. Yes, I know there are plenty of other reasons. My question was would Kate Middleton get exactly the same response from the press if she had Markle's skin colour.
    Why not? As Lardy said its a lot do with personality. Besides, to look at Meghan you couldnt even tell she has black heritage.

Why not? As Lardy said its a lot do with personality. Besides, to look at Meghan you couldnt even tell she has black heritage.
    The media knows, her nationality and skin colour always seem to come up in comment sections too. It's like Sterling, on the surface there are valid reasons for not liking them. But a lot of white people seem to get away with it and much more without scrutiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The media knows, her nationality and skin colour always seem to come up in comment sections too. It's like Sterling, on the surface there are valid reasons for not liking them. But a lot of white people seem to get away with it and much more without scrutiny.
    Piers Morgan more than anyone is driving this hate campaign but do I think hes racist? Probably not. White privelaged maybe but he calls out anyone regardless of gender or creed as long as he can stay relevant.

Piers Morgan more than anyone is driving this hate campaign but do I think hes racist? Probably not. White privelaged maybe but he calls out anyone regardless of gender or creed as long as he can stay relevant.
    I think Morgan knows exaclty what whips people up into a frenzy and gets clicks.

Just as with Sterling he knows what gets his mouth breathing viewers heated.

Why not? As Lardy said its a lot do with personality. Besides, to look at Meghan you couldn't even tell she has black heritage.
    Yet it still gets an awful lot of attention.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Yet it still gets an awful lot of attention.
    Mainly from people playing the race card.

After 2 attempts you still didn't answer my question.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    After 2 attempts you still didn't answer my question.
    A hypothetical question with not just one “if”, but two “ifs” in it. That question?

And if you really want an answer I don’t think it would matter. The media and public seem to like Kate for her personality. She plays it safe. She received some criticsm early doors I seem to recall but she seems to have won them over. The Royals are always there to be shot at regardless of skin tone.

Clearly there are elements of racism in some cases in the right wing media, I just don’t think there is in this particular case. It’s not like she’s copping it and he isn’t. He’s getting pelters too.

She’s perhaps getting it more as her own “family” seem hell bent on washing their dirty washing in the tabloids for their own financial gain.