+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Facebook.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    International

Re: Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Dropped it about 10 years ago as I realised I was spending far too long arguing with idiots about stuff I don't care about (I am aware of the hypocrisy of continuing to post on here) I've never returned to facebook and never will, although o do use WhatsApp
    Whatsapp is completely different. A brilliant and free service. Long may it last

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Whatsapp is completely different. A brilliant and free service. Long may it last
    Owned by Facebook i believe?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Owned by Facebook i believe?
    It is.

On another note, like I said, I don't use post anything on Facebook anymore and to be honest I find it boring. But what it is quite nice to have for is my friends list is almost a little timeline of my life. It goes from schoolfriends to uni to backpacking to various jobs etc, different people are a reminder of different times. It's the only reason I'm still on it tbh

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    It is.

On another note, like I said, I don't use post anything on Facebook anymore and to be honest I find it boring. But what it is quite nice to have for is my friends list is almost a little timeline of my life. It goes from schoolfriends to uni to backpacking to various jobs etc, different people are a reminder of different times. It's the only reason I'm still on it tbh
    Fair enough mate, i'm quite a private person, so it wouldn't suit me, and i wouldn't dare be narcissistic enough to put photos of myself on the internet while my face probably obscures something much more interesting. I understand that people use it for all kinds of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    They say with the internet, if you can't see what the product is, then usually you are the product.

Facebook didn't spend so much on WhatsApp not to monetize it. Start chatting about patio furniture in your what's app conversations and see how quickly you get ads for that in your Facebook