+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rio Ferdinand comment

Re: Rio Ferdinand comment

I don't really understand the glee at Ferdinand's comments. He's talking (and he's right) about kids wearing Liverpool or Man City tops rather than Man Utd, he's not worried about kids deciding that because Man Utd are shit they're going to start supporting their local team.

Also Eric, I enjoyed your Chinese story mate

If its not man united will be someone else.

Was listening to man united fan going on about their demise like it was a tradgedy.
    They spent 150 mill on players and are 6 points from cl spaces.

Its a shame the others have been so bad as they would be miles behind

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    If its not man united will be someone else.

Was listening to man united fan going on about their demise like it was a tradgedy.
    They spent 150 mill on players and are 6 points from cl spaces.

Its a shame the others have been so bad as they would be miles behind
    In the last 10 years, their transfer balance is £830m which ranks at number 3 worldwide.

In comparison Liverpool (31 wins in the last 32 PL games) is £300m.

No wonder the man united fans are depressed.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Why does it bother you? You support Cardiff, I support Cardiff, I don't care what my mates do and who they support its up to them and I won't lose sleep over it.
    It doesn’t bother me, I wrote in my original message ( the very last line) I felt sorry for him , strange comment?!

On the subject of shirts, Johnny Vaughn (remember him?!) has a great idea..... you tax football shirts varying on the distance you are from that teams home ground. The amount increases the further you get from that City. The funds raised would then go into the pocket of the nearest professional club to the shop it was bought from. This could save the likes of Bury. Imagine how much money Plymouth and Exeter could pocket from the sales from their nearest Sports direct as an example. The Cewnty would do alright from this too. Imagine how much a Barca shirt would cost in Abu Dhabi!!

Isn’t bury a few miles from Manchester?

Rio, bless him, is well intentioned but also very naive and doesn’t really have the intellectual capacity to deal with some of the questions asked of him. I still think he’s a decent pundit and says some interesting stuff- intellect is one attribute, but it’s no more important than other skills in the grand scheme of things. And he was a very good footballer with a great brain on the pitch and excellent leadership qualities, NQAT. I think sometimes people and the media ask too much of players like him after retirement, and sometimes the tv stations give these guys a bit too much rope.

Anyway, back to this Chinese restaurant. What was he waiting for- a table?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Isn’t bury a few miles from Manchester?

Rio, bless him, is well intentioned but also very naive and doesn’t really have the intellectual capacity to deal with some of the questions asked of him. I still think he’s a decent pundit and says some interesting stuff- intellect is one attribute, but it’s no more important than other skills in the grand scheme of things. And he was a very good footballer with a great brain on the pitch and excellent leadership qualities, NQAT. I think sometimes people and the media ask too much of players like him after retirement, and sometimes the tv stations give these guys a bit too much rope.

Anyway, back to this Chinese restaurant. What was he waiting for- a table?
    Take away. There was around 20 of us sitting along one long table and there was a small area with a couple of settees by the bar for those waiting for take aways.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Take away. There was around 20 of us sitting along one long table and there was a small area with a couple of settees by the bar for those waiting for take aways.
    Cheers Eric.

I've possibly seen one of the best comments anywhere by Rio Ferdinand, talking about Man Utd's demise (which I find absolutely hilarious btw). "These young kids now in schools around the country, they are not going to be wearing Manchester United shirts." Good. Feck the Premier League. Get those kids supporting their local football sides. Get Welsh kids supporting Cardiff, Swansea, Newport instead of Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea.

I have absolutely no sympathy for Ferdinand at all. If Man Utd ever dropped out of the Premier League my cock would literally fall off due to laughter.
    This has happened for a few generations. It's widespread, not just in Wales, England etc.

Some of those who complain of this were doing the exact same in the 80's.

The same people who complain of this spend more time talking about Lpool than so called Lpool fans.

It's getting boring now

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    When we played Arsenal in the FA Cup away I offered assistance to a couple of lads with South Wales accents who were clearly struggling to find the route to the ground on the tube. We got chatting and it emerged they were both there to support the home team.
    So?

Pound a man 😂