+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus: overhyped fear-mongering or potential mega doom?

Re: Coronavirus: overhyped fear-mongering or potential mega doom?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Wow - that was poor.

And putting Pence in charge of the US government response - the man who doesn't believe in medical science (or any science if he can't find it in the bible).

Masterful!

The pandemic panic in the financial world continues at an accelerating rate. The crude oil price has fallen 5% today and 12% since Monday signalling less demand and slowing world trade. The US 10 and 30-year treasury yields continue making new all-time lows. They are perceived as safe havens to shelter money. Stock markets are pummelled lower too; UK FTSE 100 is minus 3.7% today, US Dow Jones is down 2.2%.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    The pandemic panic in the financial world continues at an accelerating rate. The crude oil price has fallen 5% today and 12% since Monday signalling less demand and slowing world trade. The US 10 and 30-year treasury yields continue making new all-time lows. They are perceived as safe havens to shelter money. Stock markets are pummelled lower too; UK FTSE 100 is minus 3.7% today, US Dow Jones is down 2.2%.
    Buy beer, lots of it!

Where are the counterfeiters at the US Federal Reserve and the network of other central banks who have spent a decade throwing funny money at what's become known as the 'everything bubble' that they deliberately created? No way will this bubble pop without them wanting it to. It's looking like a controlled demolition is in progress with each passing day.

MSM went all in Corona once impeachment failed

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    MSM went all in Corona once impeachment failed
    Nobody takes the MSM seriously anymore, everybody thought Trump was crazy but he was bang on the money when he called them the fake news media

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Buy beer, lots of it!
    And shares

The FTSE 100 finished slightly up yesterday after falling 1.5% intraday. The Yank Dow Jones was also up and appeared on course to break a four-day losing streak... then Trump showed up with a bumbling display at a press conference he had called and the Dow reversed. Selling resumed in Japan overnight and the FTSE 100 is back to struggling again, down 2.4% currently.
    Hang on I'm confused were told by all the clever folk , he's an idiot when he speaks , however the global money markets and experts, listen and react to his mutterings??

He's an actor playing the role of a brash ignoramus. All he does is lie day in, day out at the behest of those who ensured his (s)election. As candidate Trump he told the truth: how fake the economy was built on debt piled upon more debt and that stock markets were a big fat ugly bubble. Then the instant he became president he totally flipped by outspending Obama with yet greater debt to feed the 'everything bubble' to new heights while bragging by pointing at those stock markets as proof that America's economy was the greatest ever and he deserved due recognition for it.

This coronavirus and the hysterical bullshit surrounding it is the perfect no blame pin to pop the world's economies and usher in the banksters Final Solution.

The vast majority of people are unaffected by stock prices and government debt yields bombing per se as they're not directly invested but their private pension plans most definitely are. Banks falling and credit freezing will awake the doziest because capital controls limiting the amount that people can withdraw of their own money will be the financial shock and awe moment. Of course, there'll be layoffs everywhere, jobcentres nationwide will be overwhelmed with the desperate anxious to collect a pittance in Universal Credit payments, and those with savings above a paltry £16k will be told to sod off after six months to live off what they had saved. Those servicing debt, especially mortgage holders, will be royally fecked.

FTSE 100 is being kicked and stamped on again this morning. It's -4% so far.

Cyril and Lardy have abandoned this thread. We need them to return for their valuable happy-clappy insights!

I see Cyril playing Whoopi Goldberg as Lardy enthusiastically shakes a tambourine in CCMB's rendition of Oh Happy Day.

How strange that you're missing me, Organ. I saw this stupid shit and thought of you. You've mentioned at least 75% of these theories over the years.

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2020/02/27...greatest-hits/

What's the problem with the economy? Back on page 3, it was me telling you that China would lose out. You were the happy clapper saying "China has its own printing press and can create any amount of new currency to support itself and inject into equity markets and anything else it cares to prop up."

Cyril and Lardy have abandoned this thread. We need them to return for their valuable happy-clappy insights!

I see Cyril playing Whoopi Goldberg as Lardy enthusiastically shakes a tambourine in CCMB's rendition of Oh Happy Day.

The squad are over in Bristol today honoring their hero. Umbrellas at the ready

Think you are conflating two things Organ. Is the virus dangerous and a risk to world physical and economic health and did it start because of some uber-conspiracist mumbo jumbo involving the Chinese setting the virus on their own people. The first appears to be increasingly yes and the latter is still the same bollocks as when you first proposed it!

When I begun this thread I assumed it would be one or t'other of overhyped fear-mongering or potential mega doom, not both, but that's what we're getting. I sensed something was awry when the BBC's 1pm news led on successive days with some tiny number of coronavirus deaths which is why I created this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    How strange that you're missing me, Organ. I saw this stupid shit and thought of you. You've mentioned at least 75% of these theories over the years.

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2020/02/27...greatest-hits/

What's the problem with the economy? Back on page 3, it was me telling you that China would lose out. You were the happy clapper saying "China has its own printing press and can create any amount of new currency to support itself and inject into equity markets and anything else it cares to prop up."
    I asked 'where are the counterfeiters?' in a message on the previous page because a global collapse can only occur on purpose. Booms and busts are created to transfer wealth into fewer hands. Banks, particularly central banks, raison d'être is the creation of debt, the more the better. Government, corporate and household debt is off the charts. If this is the 'pull it' event they have chosen, as it appears to be, then they are withdrawing instead of adding liquidity to make it happen with the end goal of finally achieving all their aims, which will undoubtedly include the abolition of cash.

🤣

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    🤣
    According to the White House Chief of Staff the risks from Coronavirus are being massively exaggerated by the media with the primary purpose of getting rid of Trump, who has been regularly downplaying those risks.

Can you imagine the confusion this must be sowing with those who devour everything that comes from the White House as sacred but also need to toady up to Organ and his Ministry of Megadoom to try and stay a member of his self-styled Illuminati?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    According to the White House Chief of Staff the risks from Coronavirus are being massively exaggerated by the media with the primary purpose of getting rid of Trump, who has been regularly downplaying those risks.

Can you imagine the confusion this must be sowing with those who devour everything that comes from the White House as sacred but also need to toady up to Organ and his Ministry of Megadoom to try and stay a member of his self-styled Illuminati?
    I do think there is a certain over hyping, I wonder as the Chinese economy /reputation suffers there is a certain amount of s******ing going on in the corridors of the White House.

Anyways priorities now is to get out in the next 15 onto the pop and down the City ,with my face mask on of course n shaking hands though just fist bumps

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I do think there is a certain over hyping, I wonder as the Chinese economy /reputation suffers there is a certain amount of s******ing going on in the corridors of the White House.

Anyways priorities now is to get out in the next 15 onto the pop and down the City ,with my face mask on of course n shaking hands though just fist bumps
    Do agree there LOM. The White House increasingly appears to be staffed by people with little perception of how they could suffer just as China has. The American health system seems to be pretty exposed to a virus sweeping through.

As far as I'm aware nothing whatsoever is being shipped from China. It's only a matter of time before gaps appear in supermarket food shelves. We can all do without a different telly, mobile phone and much more, but supply chains in critical areas such as many medicines and essential parts for manufacturing industries are different.

China published its two most watched numbers to gauge its economic health overnight after world stock markets closed. Their Manufacturing PMI was at 50 previously, analysts forecast the latest would come in at 45 but 35 was the actual one. The non-Manufacturing PMI was 54 previously, predicted to drop to 51 and came in at 29.

From what I've read elsewhere today from those who understand what those monster declines entail then they mean a worldwide recession is a certainty because no amount of money printing stimuli can replace that loss of production, and had that data been published 24 hours earlier then equity prices would have caved much harder than what they did yesterday.

There's lots of chatter about Monday becoming known as Black Monday when markets reopen and there's also speculation the US Federal Reserve Bank may announce an emergency interest rate cut on Sunday evening in the hope of stemming the anticipated selling pressure.

As far as I'm aware nothing whatsoever is being shipped from China. It's only a matter of time before gaps appear in supermarket food shelves. We can all do without a different telly, mobile phone and much more, but supply chains in critical areas such as many medicines and essential parts for manufacturing industries are different.
    China is still shipping things right now, but nowhere near as much as usual.

no amount of money printing stimuli can replace that loss of production,

Goodness me! What a revelation!

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    China is still shipping things right now, but nowhere near as much as usual.
    Amazon appears to be selling Chinese based goods.

I've stopped purchasing said goods or eating in Chinese takeaways, in a hope that it will force companies and restaurants to reflect and provide home based goods and food from our glorious lands .

Chinatowns worldwide have been blitzed says many news reports with restaurants empty. I won't be paying another visit to my nearest Chinese takeaway after searching a recent order for king prawn omelette to unearth a solitary prawn - they can feck right off for eternity!