+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unite Union are closet tories

Re: Unite Union are closet tories

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    What we need is an anything but tory party to vote for

It would clean up
    Sadly thats not true Sludge. The amount of stupid tw@ts who would never vote Tory have been fooled by Farage , the Hamilton's and co.

Labour can either turn this around with an electable leader or cut its own throat. The sad thing is Long Bailey McDonnell Abbott and those who need to step aside will live comfortably in permanent opposition.

Hilts 5 million labour voters mainly in the north of england voted Brexit so they listened to Farage and co . Ahead of the last GE think Coburn should have played a trump card and listened to many of his own voters !

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    Hilts 5 million labour voters mainly in the north of england voted Brexit so they listened to Farage and co . Ahead of the last GE think Coburn should have played a trump card and listened to many of his own voters !
    Im pretty sure out of the 2 Corbyn was more in favour of brexit than Boris. But what was more important to Boris is that he had always wanted to be Prime Minister saw his opportunity and took it.

Corbyn i believe had good intentions but was a useless leader and had the likes of McDonnell pulling the strings

I do believe this all goes back to Labour appointing the wrong Milliband brother.

fair point hilts but to me it was crystal clear corbyn should have accepted the brexit vote and fought on main stream issues like health care , housing etc in the GE .

While Corbynistas call the shots in the form of Momentum an electable MP will have an almighty job of becoming leader. While Lisa Nandy appears to be the stand out candidate even she has to avoid too harshly criticising the former leadership in order to curry favour with the membership. I believe she would make a more than decent leader but sadly either the useless (Corbyn in a skirt) RLB or the bland Keir Starmer are likely to win.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    fair point hilts but to me it was crystal clear corbyn should have accepted the brexit vote and fought on main stream issues like health care , housing etc in the GE .
    I agree. Nandy to be fair said Labour should have campaigned for a softer Brexit.

She for me is the stand out candidate. Starmer will probably win. Im ok with that.

Long Bailey would be a disaster for those who want a Labour Govt as opposed to a protest opposition party.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    While Corbynistas call the shots in the form of Momentum an electable MP will have an almighty job of becoming leader. While Lisa Nandy appears to be the stand out candidate even she has to avoid too harshly criticising the former leadership in order to curry favour with the membership. I believe she would make a more than decent leader but sadly either the useless (Corbyn in a skirt) RLB or the bland Keir Starmer are likely to win.
    Agree with this. Bland may not be a disaster in 5 years though. RLB would.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Even if you agree with what LB says, there is no doubt the Tory press will be salivating at the prospect of labelling her 'continuity Corbyn'
    Sadly that experiment has failed, although In my mind Britain would have been a far better place with a true left wing Government.
    Anyway that is history now, I am prepared to accept a compromise with someone like Nandy or Starmer, although in fairness they are well to the left of Tony Blair.
    The fact is the right wing media and establishment rule Britain. Clearly that's what the bulk of the electorate want. More fool them.
    It's always been the same. There's a lot of class shaming in the UK press.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Are you pissed up?
    No. I just have a different slant on things compared to the left wing majority that post on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Here we go again. The majority of the electorate are thick as pig shit because Eric says they are brainwashed.. Change the record you obnoxious prick.
    Your in a minority. Tough shit.
    Yes do agree the statement is very insulting, but in its nature its the only thing the Corbyn , Bailey, Lewis, Abbott and McDonald clan and its supporters can cling onto , as they have no other excuse for this continued electoral failure .

Its as if they're in an endless denial bubble , very sad state of affairs of a once great party, of the people.

Lets pray they elect someone fresh like Nandy and change their course , and put up a decent , viable opposition to the Tories.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yes do agree the statement is very insulting, but in its nature its the only thing the Corbyn , Bailey, Lewis, Abbott and McDonald clan and its supporters can cling onto , as they have no other excuse for this continued electoral failure .

Its as if they're in an endless denial bubble , very sad state of affairs of a once great party, of the people.

Lets pray they elect someone fresh like Nandy and change their course , and put up a decent , viable opposition to the Tories.
    Labour have been worse than useless for yrs.
    Corbyns popularity was zero. That fact was screaming out, yet it was continually ignored by the party. Their last manifesto was like a kids Christmas list fo Santa.
    There is no place In the UK for extreme right or extreme left ideals. The middle ground is crying out to be occupied, yet there seems absolutely nobody
    around with the ability, the drive or the dynamism to take it.
    Eric’s continued accusations that the majority of folk are brainwashed by the media, is both ignorant and insulting..
    For people in the most deprived areas to vote Tory, tells us how desperate we are for genuine opposition with realistic, achievable and popular targets.

Looking ahead, the fallout from the "woke" brigade will provide a few weeks entertainment if the MAN gets the nod, I don't know much about any of them, but a continuation of Corbyn (RBL) IMO, virtually wipes out any potential of a labour government at the next election.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Looking ahead, the fallout from the "woke" brigade will provide a few weeks entertainment if the MAN gets the nod, I don't know much about any of them, but a continuation of Corbyn (RBL) IMO, virtually wipes out any potential of a labour government at the next election.
    Even with nandy , who has bags more charisma than any of the other candidates I cant see another majority labour government in my lifetime , maybe a rainbow coalition when this lot feck things up but that's the best those of us who are not tory scum can hope for

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Even with nandy , who has bags more charisma than any of the other candidates I cant see another majority labour government in my lifetime , maybe a rainbow coalition when this lot feck things up but that's the best those of us who are not tory scum can hope for
    Yo got one of these "T" Shirts ?
    Capture.jpg

Labour is summed up by Momentums leadership choide question to its members " do you support Rebecca Long Bailey yes or no " no other option or choice, democratic bullies, as is Unite ,thuggery politics it's best , our choice or no choice, our policy direction , no direction , even If this means no Labour government, they have destroyed the party, in the name of a very narrow ideology .

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Labour have been worse than useless for yrs.
    Corbyns popularity was zero. That fact was screaming out, yet it was continually ignored by the party. Their last manifesto was like a kids Christmas list fo Santa.
    There is no place In the UK for extreme right or extreme left ideals. The middle ground is crying out to be occupied, yet there seems absolutely nobody
    around with the ability, the drive or the dynamism to take it.
    Eric’s continued accusations that the majority of folk are brainwashed by the media, is both ignorant and insulting..
    For people in the most deprived areas to vote Tory, tells us how desperate we are for genuine opposition with realistic, achievable and popular targets.
    What does 'the middle ground' look like to you in terms of policy?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I agree. Nandy to be fair said Labour should have campaigned for a softer Brexit.

She for me is the stand out candidate. Starmer will probably win. Im ok with that.

Long Bailey would be a disaster for those who want a Labour Govt as opposed to a protest opposition party.
    Negotiating a softer Brexit was their policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Negotiating a softer Brexit was their policy.
    No it wasn't no one knew what there policy was, the leader stated I'm neutral , the cabinet and party split , as was its electorate.

What in anyone's world is not having any position, a soft Brexit position , it was the Labour strategist not wanting to engage Brexit that did for them in the election , Boris had a position did and won the mandate to leave.

I think what Nancy is elluding too was having a strong position and message , neutral does not work .

I still don't think it would have mattered though as a lot if folk wanted out .

Corbyn handed it to them on a plate as the mains, along with Boris as the desert .

What does 'the middle ground' look like to you in terms of policy?
    Tony Blairs successful polices might be worth digging up .
    At the time I'm sure it was viewed as the middle ground party .

Before you explode on a Momentum/Corbyn type personality rant, I'm not refering to the man or the Iraq war , its the policies around health , policing, education that appealed and attracted landslide victories .

The Blair middle ground saw him in power for 10 years as PM , and Brown for 3 , sadly we will never see the like again as the Tories will now occupy the middle ground for years to come.

Labour did have a chance when selecting between the Miliband's, however , Labour once again imploded and chose the wrong leader (gosh this has a ring to it, Brown , Ed, Corbyn , dear me ,what a trio ) anyways they happened to chose the wrong one .

David Miliband , would have slaughtered Cameron , May , Boris .

Welcome to the nightmare.

No it wasn't no one knew what there policy was, the leader stated I'm neutral , the cabinet and party split , as was its electorate.

What in anyone's world is not having any position, a soft Brexit position , it was the Labour strategist not wanting to engage Brexit that did for them in the election , Boris had a position did and won the mandate to leave.

I think what Nancy is elluding too was having a strong position and message , neutral does not work .

I still don't think it would have mattered though as a lot if folk wanted out .

Corbyn handed it to them on a plate as the mains, along with Boris as the desert .
    "Labour will give the people the final say on Brexit. Within three months of coming to power, a Labour government will secure a sensible deal. And within six months, we will put that deal to a public vote alongside the option to remain. A Labour government will implement whatever the people decide."

The only bit of detective work you have to do is translate 'sensible deal'. I think they mean closer alignment without the possibility of bombing out.

Now, I am not saying their brexit position didn't lose them votes, but it certainly wasn't unclear.

Tony Blairs successful polices might be worth digging up .
    At the time I'm sure it was viewed as the middle ground party .

Before you explode on a Momentum/Corbyn type personality rant, I'm not refering to the man or the Iraq war , its the policies around health , policing, education that appealed and attracted landslide victories .

The Blair middle ground saw him in power for 10 years as PM , and Brown for 3 , sadly we will never see the like again as the Tories will now occupy the middle ground for years to come.

Labour did have a chance when selecting between the Miliband's, however , Labour once again imploded and chose the wrong leader (gosh this has a ring to it, Brown , Ed, Corbyn , dear me ,what a trio ) anyways they happened to chose the wrong one .

David Miliband , would have slaughtered Cameron , May , Boris .

Welcome to the nightmare.
    No, I mean actually policies. Which bits of the last manifesto are alright, which aren't? Basically, what does the centre ground look like these days?

You shouldn't feel like you have to reply if you don't know, the question wasn't for you.

No, I mean actually policies. Which bits of the last manifesto are alright, which aren't? Basically, what does the centre ground look like these days?

You shouldn't feel like you have to reply if you don't know, the question wasn't for you.
    Fully funded NHS and policing .
    Controlled Immigration.

The rest was a unfundable wish list, and wasn't appealing to many ,hence the defeat.