Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
Apparently Reading have taken the words “racist” and “homophobic” out of their statement and replaced them with “discriminatory”.

It seems four people were interviewed over anti English chanting, homophobia doesn't even come into it. But thanks to Reading being quick to put an uninformed announcement over the PA we are seeing the national media inc the BBC post unproven headlines and worse, our own local media quick to look for the hits rather than the facts.

Nothing has been said about the Anti Welsh chanting coming in the other direction.

Reading's announcement to me seemed like a calculated move to dampen our support. And it had an effect. There was a noticeable change in the output from the away fans.
During the game I said the exact same thing as your final sentence, our support was outstanding the first 20 minutes we created a very passionate almost hostile atmosphere in an away ground (possible due to their low attendance and our great numbers)

I felt the higher ups were getting concerned about our dominance of support within the stadium, and tried to play the race card as a way to pull the rug out from underneath us. Unfortunately it worked.