+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Racism and Homophobia announcement - Was it us?

Re: Racism and Homophobia announcement - Was it us?

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    I think you might have left out quite an important North London community there Sludge.
    I’d say there are very few ‘racist’ clubs in London, understandably with the divergent ethnic communities that live in and around London, Chelsea probably have the poorest reputation through their previous links with C18 but that was a long time ago and I now know many people from minority backgrounds that now support Chelsea.

I’ve been supporting CCFC since 84 and it would be naive to say I’ve never heard anything racist, however it’s always been the odd individual...hand on heart, I would imagine (based on our hardcore 80s & 90s fans) we would be one of the least racist group of supporters within the UK...

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The football club Dial Square was started by Surrey factory workers the century before last, so I’d have thought Arsenal’s roots were white working class.
    Woolwich is a long way from Surrey.

[QUOTE=ivandobsky;5042147]Woolwich is a long way from Surrey.[/QUOTE
    Getting my County Championship sides mixed up, doh! Kent.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    My recollection of the Birmingham Zulus in the 80s was one with a large afro Caribbean contingent.
    So i wouldn't think they'd have a large racism problem.
    Ah remember the good old BCFC chants of "You White Honkey"...

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I've heard racist shit down the City, One bloke shouting rag head at raheem sterling and i've heard Black c**** a couple of times although that's spread over 10 seasons. I had words with the bloke who was abusing sterling, he wanted to fight me. TLG pulled some racist city fans some years back at Charlton.
    Charlton one was on the bus. Some ****in Cffili boys on a jolly.

I heard one roider mouthing off against JFH at Wembley.

Those are the only two occasions.

Does seem to be something more and more people are doing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post

I heard one roider mouthing off against JFH at Wembley.

Those are the only two occasions.

Does seem to be something more and more people are doing though.
    That's because racism is becoming less normal. It's a bit like smoking in a way. Smokers stick out like a sore thumb these days.

Quote Originally Posted by ivandobsky View Post
    Woolwich is a long way from Surrey.
    No its not, or certainly wasn't back in the 1890s. about 6 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Unfortunately there are racists among our supporters. You only have to look at Colonel's board for that. But the announcement at the game seemed out of place and I hope the club clear our name and make Reading look as silly as they are. Damage is already done though because Sky etc. have their headlines and won't follow up if it means us looking good.
    I thought this was an interesting post. People may not know (as it happened on the politics forum) but in the last few weeks one poster has used 'natural born UK citizen' as a synonym for a white person and another blamed the virus outbreak on Chinese people having brains that are biologically different to westerners.

Unfortunately, racism is alive and kicking everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I thought this was an interesting post. People may not know (as it happened on the politics forum) but in the last few weeks one poster has used 'natural born UK citizen' as a synonym for a white person and another blamed the virus outbreak on Chinese people having brains that are biologically different to westerners.

Bloody hell. And people mask it by calling anyone who disagrees a snowflake and says it’s PC gone mad.

The colonel’s board is a depressing read, it’s like there’s a few edgy 13 year olds on there but they’re actually grown men.

Natural born U.K. citizen in the talk of a proper racist. Whoever said that is a c*nt.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    That was a different incident on another trip to Charlton.

Tuerto's talking about a game at the Valley during the Dave Jones era at which I was involved in an altercation with a group of guys behind us who were continually racially abusing Charlton's Chinese midfielder. One of them got very aggressive. He was a regular on the supporters' club coaches at the time. I haven't seen him at a City match for several years, although admittedly I very rarely travel away these days.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

There is "casual racism" everywhere everyday. You'll hear it down your local or in the works canteen, or as you chat casually with mates.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Bloody hell. And people mask it by calling anyone who disagrees a snowflake and says it’s PC gone mad.

The colonel’s board is a depressing read, it’s like there’s a few edgy 13 year olds on there but they’re actually grown men.

Natural born U.K. citizen in the talk of a proper racist. Whoever said that is a c*nt.
    I thought that was said on here not the Colonels board?

It was.

Sky Sports News running a story at the bottom of their page now.

''Reading apologise to Cardiff fans for announcement made over PA system during match on Saturday.
    Four Cardiff fans arrested for alleged racist chanting later described as anti-English.
    Reading: We will review our procedure regarding public matchday announcements of this nature''.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52683759

Posted today by BBC! Not sure if this just means the charges have been dropped or if a duplicate story. Surely the four fans were 'released' in January?

The English need to grow a pair, the problem with those from an imperialist nation is that often they can give it but often they can't take it because they are not used to it.
    Comedians get away with saying Irish this, Scots that and the Welsh the other and 99% of the time the Irish, Scots and Welsh take it in good part but the minute jokes are made about English people a fair few of them get offended and that is because historically they have had the whip hand (due to weight of numbers) and are not used to being the butt of jokes.

LOL, sorry one just has to laugh sometimes.

I'm offended by bad language, I would not want to take children, female family members etc to football because of bad language, I think it's as bad as racist or homophobic language and if people get chucked out for racist or homophobic language then I think people should be chucked out for using foul and vile language as well.

International

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    I'm offended by bad language, I would not want to take children, female family members etc to football because of bad language, I think it's as bad as racist or homophobic language and if people get chucked out for racist or homophobic language I think people should be chucked out for using foul and vile language as well.
    I couldn't fcuking agree more!! Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I couldn't fcuking agree more!! Well said!
    Were you brought up in the chapel tradition ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Have most definitely heard racist and bigoted crap spouted by Kairdiff accents too whilst following the city.

Last time for me was West Ham away last season, a decent sized bunch chanting and hurling about pretty vile anti Muslim and Asian bile.

It ain’t endemic, thankfully, but it exists.
    I was there as well and heard that too. It shocked me too - as it wasn't something I'd heard from our away fans since the early 80's. People need to stop denying that there is 'an element' - however small.

International

Were you brought up in the chapel tradition ?
    Guess.

Banned

Guess.
    Yes?

International

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Yes?

Guess.
    Valleys xsnaggle ? and don't tell me you went to a Wesleyan, the World is not that small is it ?

International

Valleys xsnaggle ? and don't tell me you went to a Wesleyan, the World is not that small is it ?
    You're about 30 miles to far north and the wrong religion, but other than that you're spot on.