+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Club looking to upgrade the academy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Club looking to upgrade the academy

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I would be grateful if you could explain how you think we spent £100m on players during Neil Warnock's tenure. If you had said £50m you would be nearer the mark but still over. Bearing in mind what the club achieved in the period, it was a miracle that so little was spent. If you think that we have ended up worse off then you are in denial - we were in the bottom three when he arrived and heading towards division one.
    The £100m was from Dalman and he should know? Probably includes Loan fees,Agents fees, signing on fees etc. When Warnock left we were in 14th place, that’s in the bottom half when I went to school?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    The £100m was from Dalman and he should know? Probably includes Loan fees,Agents fees, signing on fees etc. When Warnock left we were in 14th place, that’s in the bottom half when I went to school?
    I don’t think it was that much, it’s been totalled on here by various statos lots of times. 60 ish million and you can take off bobby and zohore from that.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I don’t think it was that much, it’s been totalled on here by various statos lots of times. 60 ish million and you can take off bobby and zohore from that.
    The WOL reports (and discussion on Blakey's Bootroom) of the meeting for fans representatives and media with Dalman and Choo before the Reading game on the last day of the window all quote £100m as the spend figure under Warnock. The number came from Choo or Choo and Dalman. Probably includes all sorts of loan and agent fees as Ianto13 says, and I assume a gross not net figure. It was never explained or put into context in the press reports, but the number definitely came from the club.