+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Water rates

Re: Water rates

Just under 25% of all the water in our water system is lost to leaks.
    Thats more than 3 million litres a day.

In Germany and Holland it is closer to 5% loss.

Mind you Ireland is about 45%.

More water is lost per day, through leaks in the system, than is ever saved by a hosepipe ban.

International

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'm going to do the same when the weather gets a bit warmer. I just checked back and on 12/27 (when we were away) we still used 45 gallons. Maybe the central heating? But the heat is off from May to October. One day last summer I used 1200 gallons! There's only 3 of us. And the house is small. So is the garden. Like I said, this needs to be looked into.
    your central heating is a sealed system so if it is using gallons of water it must be leaking somewhere.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    45 gallons sounds a lot. That's 360 pints a day. Do you fill your kettle with too much water each time you use it? Long flush or short flush when just urinating? Bath or shower? Garden tap dripping? All these make a difference on how much water you use.
    In the Army in BAOR 40 yrs ago it was worked out that for everyone in BAOR including families and all usage the daily consumption was 40 gallons per person. It really isn't that much. I can shower in 10 minutes, my wife stays in the shower for half an hour. It adds up.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Just under 25% of all the water in our water system is lost to leaks.
    Thats more than 3 million litres a day.

In Germany and Holland it is closer to 5% loss.

Mind you Ireland is about 45%.
    But most of that is in common piping before it hits anyone's meter. We are already all paying for that in our standing charges

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But most of that is in common piping before it hits anyone's meter. We are already all paying for that in our standing charges
    yes absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    As part of my drive to save water , I now wash my balls for sitting on the toilet and using that final flush to swill through ones testicles
    I've stopped washing my testicles , saving a fortune, bit smelly and sticky down below though .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I've stopped washing my testicles , saving a fortune, bit smelly and sticky down below though .
    Another advantage of that is, you don@t have to buy any Parmesan Cheese to go on your spag-bol

Plenty of the f*cking stuff around this week, all free, direct from the sky