+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OFF TOPIC ::::: Found Baillifs in my house this morning. still shaking now.

Re: OFF TOPIC ::::: Found Baillifs in my house this morning. still shaking now.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Were they actually bailiffs? or court-appointed sheriffs?
    A sheriff does have power of entry through an open door or window - not sure if that means wide open, or " shut, but unlocked".
    (I've seen "the sheriffs are coming" on TV lol

but they certainly cannot lay a fingure on you or your wife.
    Even if the address was wrong Bob?

Who said I cant walk?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Didn’t happen. One minute he can’t walk, next he’s taking a bat to someone?!?!?
    Hey arsehole come and tell my wife it didnt happen she is a crying ,sobbing wreck today.
    Do you get off on trying to hurt people mate?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad as a fish View Post
    Even if the address was wrong Bob?
    They didn't know about the cock-up until after the incident

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    That is disgusting what a load of tossers
    You think the police are tossers for not taking action against bluemoon and his wife? Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    They didn't know about the cock-up until after the incident
    Thats correct Bob, but surely that doesnt make everything ok surely.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Found this online=hope it helps

The bailiff says there is an arrest warrant out for you.

If you have already been arrested for obstructing a bailiff or cutting off an illegal wheel clamp. Go here.

If you are being pestered about a debt not owed by you or your household, then report the offence to police on 101 under section 1(1) of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

It is the practice of bailiff companies, especially Marston Holdings, to say you will be "arrested" for not paying your court fine.

The terminology "arrest warrant" is used because it is police-like, designed to mislead you that you will be placed under arrest.

A bailiff company does not have a power to make arrests, let alone imprison transport or restrain prisoners. That is only carried by a police officer of the rank of Constable and higher. Not even a PCSO has a power of arrest.

If a bailiff approaches you saying he has an arrest warrant. He cannot "arrest" you. He will ask you to sign a document under section 117 of the Magistrates Courts Act 1980, which is only a warrant to endorse bail.

A bailiff might go as far as describing himself an "officer", when he is merely an enforcement agent.

You MUST NOT SIGN anything

NEVER "confirm" your name

NEVER give your current address

Record everything on video using your mobile

Ask them to quietly leave

The Marston "No Bail Arrest Warrant" is a gag to identify you and find your whereabouts as well as capture your mobile phone number.

You are only required to give your name and address to a police officer who is ON DUTY, wearing the correct UNIFORM, or shows his warrant card.

Otherwise, walk away.

If HM Court Service wanted to bring you before the magistrates court to explain why you have not paid your fine, they issue a (genuine) arrest warrant to the police under section 83 of the Magistrates' Courts Act 1980.

Paragraph 20 of the Taking Control of Goods: National Standards 2014: Bailiffs cannot falsely imply that action can or will be taken when legally it cannot be taken by that agent.

Section 40(1)(d) of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 says a person who utters a document falsely represented by him to have some official character or purporting to have some official character which he knows it has not. Commits an offence.

Capture the bailiff on video and it can be given in evidence.

Example: "arrest warrant"

The bailiff says there is an arrest warrant out for you.

If you have already been arrested for obstructing a bailiff or cutting off an illegal wheel clamp. Go here.

If you are being pestered about a debt not owed by you or your household, then report the offence to police on 101 under section 1(1) of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

It is the practice of bailiff companies, especially Marston Holdings, to say you will be "arrested" for not paying your court fine.

The terminology "arrest warrant" is used because it is police-like, designed to mislead you that you will be placed under arrest.

A bailiff company does not have a power to make arrests, let alone imprison transport or restrain prisoners. That is only carried by a police officer of the rank of Constable and higher. Not even a PCSO has a power of arrest.

If a bailiff approaches you saying he has an arrest warrant. He cannot "arrest" you. He will ask you to sign a document under section 117 of the Magistrates Courts Act 1980, which is only a warrant to endorse bail.

A bailiff might go as far as describing himself an "officer", when he is merely an enforcement agent.

You MUST NOT SIGN anything

NEVER "confirm" your name

NEVER give your current address

Record everything on video using your mobile

Ask them to quietly leave

The Marston "No Bail Arrest Warrant" is a gag to identify you and find your whereabouts as well as capture your mobile phone number.

You are only required to give your name and address to a police officer who is ON DUTY, wearing the correct UNIFORM, or shows his warrant card.

Otherwise, walk away.

If HM Court Service wanted to bring you before the magistrates court to explain why you have not paid your fine, they issue a (genuine) arrest warrant to the police under section 83 of the Magistrates' Courts Act 1980.

Paragraph 20 of the Taking Control of Goods: National Standards 2014: Bailiffs cannot falsely imply that action can or will be taken when legally it cannot be taken by that agent.

Section 40(1)(d) of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 says a person who utters a document falsely represented by him to have some official character or purporting to have some official character which he knows it has not. Commits an offence.

Capture the bailiff on video and it can be given in evidence.

Example: "arrest warrant"

Feedback

Bailiffs cannot force entry, they can only enter if the usual method of entry is available

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Worth going to the press? An elderly couple terrorised by two thugs forcing their way into the property. Doesn’t sound too good.
    As for the Police I would be astonished if they wanted to take this any further against you.
    You were right to stand your ground and could clearly argue you felt very threatened and acted in self defence,
    Good luck to the police in convincing a jury the OP wasnt acting reasonably.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    Bailiffs cannot force entry, they can only enter if the usual method of entry is available
    Ordinary everyday bailiffs are different to High Court enforcement officers, aka sheriffs, because the latter armed with a Writ of Control or Writ of Possession can and do get locksmiths to access properties when they can't gain peaceful entry. We don't know who visited the OP's premise because the thread's title mentions bailiffs but in at least one message he described them as enforcement officers.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Ordinary everyday bailiffs are different to High Court enforcement officers, aka sheriffs, because the latter armed with a Writ of Control or Writ of Possession can and do get locksmiths to access properties when they can't gain peaceful entry. We don't know who visited the OP's premise because the thread's title mentions bailiffs but in at least one message he described them as enforcement officers.
    On their "Bullet Proof Vests" they had "CIVIL ENFORCEMENT OFFICER" on the back, Organ.

P.s. Wales Online are interveiwing us tomorrow.

Here's what the High Court ones wear. The word civil doesn't appear. It's a moot point anyway in this instance as both types can legally access through an unlocked door.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Here's what the High Court ones wear. The word civil doesn't appear. It's a moot point anyway in this instance as both types can legally access through an unlocked door.

Surely not if its the wrong address with two innocent people,mate.

Yes. Outrageous having your home and privacy invaded because of someone else's error. Nobody could blame you for being angry and for wanting some tangible redress.

On their "Bullet Proof Vests" they had "CIVIL ENFORCEMENT OFFICER" on the back, Organ.

Great

Hopefully we will be informed of the outcome.

Trust me Organ if you feel my baseball bat you would be grateful that a pillow was in the way.
    Exhibit A

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Hopefully we will be informed of the outcome.
    Yes Vindec of course I will let you know.

I now have their names and the company was Excel Civil enforcement