+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Another cringeworthy and inaccurate rugby post from one of our leaders

Another cringeworthy and inaccurate rugby post from one of our leaders

In wales , rugby has a cultural resonance and importance that goes way beyond what it's like in other countries ( what about New Zealand? )

It's SO embedded in our DNA as a nation ( that's your opinion )

Kevin Brennan , Cardiff West MP

What a complete load of rubbish , I like rugby but it's so far up it's own arse its unbelievable

He goes on to say that it helps identify us as a nation which in other words means if you are on holiday in holland and some local says ahh welshman, you like rugby !, then that means everything else means jack shit

Thank you mr brennan for telling me what it means to be welsh , thank u BBC wales for those stupid trailers , praise the lord

Re: Another cringeworthy and inaccurate rugby post from one of our leaders

Theres a bloke who writes into the western mail

His name is R Terry James , from Brentwood in Essex

Every six nations he writes exactly the same letter

Me and my proud welsh family .....he loves wales so much he lives in Essex....will again make the long and arduous trek .......well it's about four and a half hours Terry.......back to the land of song where our national heroes will once again battle against the foe , I know I speak for the whole nation ( no you dont terry ) when I say all of us ( apart from those of us watching city , the swans , newport , Wrexham, people fishing , people relaxing listening to black sabbath , those out shopping , the homeless ) will be cheering you on from the stands , social clubs , pubs and armchairs , then he ends with a bit of welsh

And if we lose you hear **** all from him

So what? Live and let live.

Rugby isn't for me, but let them have their fun

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    So what? Live and let live.

Rugby isn't for me, but let them have their fun
    Well I think it's all bollocks , I like rugby but they can shove the rest of their crap up their arse

In our DNA be fecked , what a complete load of shite

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    In wales , rugby has a cultural resonance and importance that goes way beyond what it's like in other countries ( what about New Zealand? )

What a complete load of rubbish , I like rugby but it's so far up it's own arse its unbelievable

He goes on to say that it helps identify us as a nation which in other words means if you are on holiday in holland and some local says ahh welshman, you like rugby !, then that means everything else means jack shit

Thank you mr brennan for telling me what it means to be welsh , thank u BBC wales for those stupid trailers , praise the lord
    What a load of crap . Has he ever watched the regions on tv when the crowd is one man and his dog with embarrassingly
    empty stadiums.
    The Internationals are a social event not a sporting one.
    The masses will be coming out of the woodwork on Saturday wearing their red shirts and stupid daffodil hats but being unable to name you half the welsh team and not having attended a local game in their lives.
    The local scene in relation to rugby is struggling big time. With clubs relying on junior sections just to keep going.
    People from outside Wales would know us more for Gareth Bale or Ryan Giggs as oppose to our rugby team.
    A few years ago the WRU were really up against it financially and the Welsh Assembly did nothing to help them . Thats how much rugby means to Wales.
    Its just popular as one big piss up.

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy View Post
    What a load of crap . Has he ever watched the regions on tv when the crowd is one man and his dog with embarrassingly
    empty stadiums.
    The Internationals are a social event not a sporting one.
    The masses will be coming out of the woodwork on Saturday wearing their red shirts and stupid daffodil hats but being unable to name you half the welsh team and not having attended a local game in their lives.
    The local scene in relation to rugby is struggling big time. With clubs relying on junior sections just to keep going.
    People from outside Wales would know us more for Gareth Bale or Ryan Giggs as oppose to our rugby team.
    A few years ago the WRU were really up against it financially and the Welsh Assembly did nothing to help them . Thats how much rugby means to Wales.
    Its just popular as one big piss up.
    Martyn Williams said that in 2016 the Welsh football team surpassed anything the rugby team had ever done - in terms of impact on the world stage that has to be right. I was a very big rugby fan once, now I'd say I like the game and enjoy a competitive match played between two equally matched teams, but missing a Six Nations game doesn't bother me in the slightest now and it does grate with me the way we're defined as a nation by what is a minority sport worldwide.

Me and my proud welsh family .....he loves wales so much he lives in Essex....will again make the long and arduous trek .......well it's about four and a half hours Terry.......back to the land of song where our national heroes will once again battle against the foe , I know I speak for the whole nation ( no you dont terry ) when I say all of us ( apart from those of us watching city , the swans , newport , Wrexham, people fishing , people relaxing listening to black sabbath , those out shopping , the homeless ) will be cheering you on from the stands , social clubs , pubs and armchairs , then he ends with a bit of welsh

Witty and soooo true!
    (I do like the 6 nations though but not as much as some).

Wales will lose to England, they will call Ireland Italy a draw then England will play the fully tested coronavirus-free Italians behind closed doors (while France get beat by Ireland) and win the Championship.

Hurrah!!!

wales will lose to england ( and possibly scotland )

We have all heard or seen similar to Terry's letter over the years. Load of bollocks indeed

It isn't that long ago that City fans would sing "You can stick your ****ing rugby up your arse".

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    wales will lose to england ( and possibly scotland )
    How often have Wales beaten England or Scotland at Football compared to Rugby?

He's been very supportive of the Bluebirds and organised a celebration in the House of Lords when we got promoted to the prem. He also helped with a prize or two when the Trust were financing the Fred Keenor statue, so he's OK in my book

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    How often have Wales beaten England or Scotland at Football compared to Rugby?
    How is that relevant ?

We get to play england every year in the rugby

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    He's been very supportive of the Bluebirds and organised a celebration in the House of Lords when we got promoted to the prem. He also helped with a prize or two when the Trust were financing the Fred Keenor statue, so he's OK in my book
    He announced the closure of the homeless project I was working on in cardiff in the echo before the staff knew it when he was a city councillor so hes not top of my xmas present list

How is that relevant ?

We get to play england every year in the rugby
    We used to play England and Scotland every year as well until they dropped us and NI as we were considered too weak!
    We are definitely stronger at Rugby as a Nation and I enjoy both!
    In Football we have played England 102 times won 14 drawn 21 and lost 67
    In Rugby we have played England 134 times, won 59, drawn 12 and lost 63
    Against Scotland
    In Football we have won 23 and lost 61
    In Rugby we have won 73 and lost 49.
    So results say that we are obviously much better at rugby compared to Football.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    We used to play England and Scotland every year as well until they dropped us and NI as we were considered too weak!
    We are definitely stronger at Rugby as a Nation and I enjoy both!
    In Football we have played England 102 times won 14 drawn 21 and lost 67
    In Rugby we have played England 134 times, won 59, drawn 12 and lost 63
    Against Scotland
    In Football we have won 23 and lost 61
    In Rugby we have won 73 and lost 49.
    So results say that we are obviously much better at rugby compared to Football.
    I enjoy both too mate but its shoved down our throat relentlessly

The fact that we are better at a game played by hardly anyone worldwide than we are at the worlds biggest game is not really relevant

What it gives us is a skewed view that wales lives and breathes rugby ...its in our blood mun and our DNA and all that utter crap

Wales rugby started to lose it's appeal with the number of non-Welsh playing for Wales. It now seems if your Granny had a Corgi you could play which is frankly bonkers. Take the current Wales centres, one as English as they come and the other a Kiwi.

I guess I was lucky in growing up in Cardiff in the late 60's when there was so more passion in true Welsh sport and also the Bluebirds.

More of concern to me than the Egg is just how unappealing CCFC is right now and without a clear indication of positive change. How times have changed when we can't find ourselves a CF who bangs in goals!

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    Wales rugby started to lose it's appeal with the number of non-Welsh playing for Wales. It now seems if your Granny had a Corgi you could play which is frankly bonkers. Take the current Wales centres, one as English as they come and the other a Kiwi.

I guess I was lucky in growing up in Cardiff in the late 60's when there was so more passion in true Welsh sport and also the Bluebirds.

More of concern to me than the Egg is just how unappealing CCFC is right now and without a clear indication of positive change. How times have changed when we can't find ourselves a CF who bangs in goals!
    If we had a goalscoring centre forward we would be top six

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post

It’s the same qualification in both Sports, with regards to birth, parents and Grandparents! But Rugby also has a qualification of 3 now 5 years residency which is ridiculous! If football was the same how many of our team would get Welsh caps! Smithies,Morrison,Bennett,Tomlin,Murphy?
    Hopefully Harris can find us a goal scorer, he wasn’t a bad centre forward in his day!