+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abusive chanting at Barnsley.

Abusive chanting at Barnsley.

Sky sports news headline tonight is discriminatory chanting by cardiff fans! Is this true or just another over reaction like Reading? Can anyone confirm?

Re: Abusive chanting at Barnsley.

"hey steward I don't like that anti England song I want to report it"

Said the fat 40 odd year old man who probably joined in with the "sheep shagger" chant with the rest of them.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    "hey steward I don't like that anti England song I want to report it"

Said the fat 40 odd year old man who probably joined in with the "sheep shagger" chant with the rest of them.
    And voted brexit.....

Not sure as I didn’t go, but are sky just reporting the investigation into us? Barnsley have tweeted they’re also investigating abuse from one of their home stands

Yep. Sky are saying its an investigation into Cardiff fans chanting.

The Barnsley fans were warned over the tannoy about racist, homophobic and discriminatory behaviour that was being investigated by police. I didn't hear anything from the away end but my relative in their end said he heard someone making monkey noises at one of our black players. There was no problem with the City end apart from the usual anti English stuff, which no one said anything about. Sky’s usual biased reporting.

Yorkshireman making sheep comments about Welshmen?

Oh, the irony!

They dont like outsiders in barnsley

I like the club and its loyal fans but barnsley is a very isolated town

It's a local town , for local people

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    They dont like outsiders in barnsley

I like the club and its loyal fans but barnsley is a very isolated town

It's a local town , for local people
    People’s Republic of South Yorkshire

They like to dish it out but can’t take it when given back to them
    Worked for a Barnsley company for 10 years.

"1-0 to the sheep shaggers" is not exactly family friendly. What are the words to the Hymns and Arias chant?

https://youtu.be/DTlHkzloNTg

We ain't done nowt they can fook off!

Edit: sorry 'bou t'link

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    Sky sports news headline tonight is discriminatory chanting by cardiff fans! Is this true or just another over reaction like Reading? Can anyone confirm?
    There was that embarrassing Swansea song; 'We're sheepshagging bastards' and 'Engerland is full of shit' together with some fantastic renditions of the anthem and Men of Harlech. Take your pick!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51786941

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    People’s Republic of South Yorkshire

They like to dish it out but can’t take it when given back to them
    Worked for a Barnsley company for 10 years.
    Leeds , bradford , Halifax, huddersfield , Sheffield.....all quite cosmopolitan places

Barnsley , Doncaster ......very white , very insular

Stuck in a time warp

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    There was that embarrassing Swansea song; 'We're sheepshagging bastards' and 'Engerland is full of shit' together with some fantastic renditions of the anthem and Men of Harlech. Take your pick!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51786941
    That Swansea song is shameful. Last year we regularly got crowds of 30k plus so eventually someone who has abused as a child or has had a loved one who has been is going to hear it and what is their reaction meant to be?

I don't fully understand why singing discriminatory songs at a football game produces headlines when i) tedious jokes by a famous chocolate bar doesn't or ii) sky news asking if Welsh is the most pointless language doesn't or iii) the then prime minister choosing to make people worried about going to doctors in Wales by saying difference between life and death is offa's dyke doesn't lead to similar "investigation". Don't think we have to shy away from criticising anti-English song book but our football fans literally have the smallest reach compared to any three examples given and yet it seems our fans are the only ones being spoken about in UK wide media, even when Reading fans sang tedious anti-Welsh songs in response or perhaps first.

On the presumption that it is Reading Mk II of course.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    "1-0 to the sheep shaggers" is not exactly family friendly. What are the words to the Hymns and Arias chant?
    We were still signing that, but had to edit it mid-song to "2-0 to the sheep shaggers"

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    That Swansea song is shameful. Last year we regularly got crowds of 30k plus so eventually someone who has abused as a child or has had a loved one who has been is going to hear it and what is their reaction meant to be?

I don't fully understand why singing discriminatory songs at a football game produces headlines when i) tedious jokes by a famous chocolate bar doesn't or ii) sky news asking if Welsh is the most pointless language doesn't or iii) the then prime minister choosing to make people worried about going to doctors in Wales by saying difference between life and death is offa's dyke doesn't lead to similar "investigation". Don't think we have to shy away from criticising anti-English song book but our football fans literally have the smallest reach compared to any three examples given and yet it seems our fans are the only ones being spoken about in UK wide media, even when Reading fans sang tedious anti-Welsh songs in response or perhaps first.

On the presumption that it is Reading Mk II of course.
    Like it or not, this seems to be the future. These moronic songs sung by moronic people are being seen as ‘discriminatory’. I can’t see this trend being reversed so the wordsmiths had better come up with something better, or maybe even relating to our team.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Like it or not, this seems to be the future. These moronic songs sung by moronic people are being seen as ‘discriminatory’. I can’t see this trend being reversed so the wordsmiths had better come up with something better, or maybe even relating to our team.
    But why are our "wordsmiths" being highlighted when those who have actual influence get away with it?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    The Barnsley fans were warned over the tannoy about racist, homophobic and discriminatory behaviour that was being investigated by police. I didn't hear anything from the away end but my relative in their end said he heard someone making monkey noises at one of our black players. There was no problem with the City end apart from the usual anti English stuff, which no one said anything about. Sky’s usual biased reporting.
    Problem is, the “anti English stuff” is so ****ing boring and outdated, that it’s now embarrassing.
    Actually puts me off going to away games.

I see it as pro-anglophobe as opposed to anti-english.

English pride is unapologetic in it’s arrogance. Being proud of such a tarnished history is bad enough.

They have earned the jibes and repulsion. And it’s not only the Welsh that recognize these things that have made England ugly.

They’ll become heavy handed in their reprisals in the name of the nation and we’ll get locked up for daring to mouth off.

That place is becoming even more culturally stagnant and it’ll drag us down with it.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I absolutely detest it and categorically refuse to sing that, or the anti-English stuff. It makes us look pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I absolutely detest it and categorically refuse to sing that, or the anti-English stuff. It makes us look pathetic.
    I posted on here the other week that I reckon it’s time we started booing the moronic element of our lot when they start singing this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I posted on here the other week that I reckon it’s time we started booing the moronic element of our lot when they start singing this crap.
    Is that needed? If majority don't sing it but are willing to start and/or sing other songs then tedious stuff will die out. Pro-Cardiff, pro-Welsh stuff would be much, much better.

Oh cardiff we love you

You are my cardiff , my only cardiff

I'll be there

None of this child abuse crap

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I go to a lot of the away games and when you're in the away end it does seem like a considerable number who sing the Swansea and anti-England songs not just a small minority. It can be hard to tell sometimes- doesn't take many to make a noise - but it never seems just a few.

A simple announcement from the club, over the PA before games, in the programme and in the press would, I hope nip it in the bud.

Just saying that chanting of the 'sheep' song and City's version of 'Hymns and Arias' is banned, and anyone caught singing it will be ejected from the ground and banned for life.

A bit harsh some might think, but it seems we are being targeted by some EFL clubs this season, and the press only need a sniff of a story before it's blown up out of all proportion. They are trying to make Cardiff look anti English and racist, when as we all know we are the brunt of loads of abuse at every away game and have been for years.