+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Nine hundred and forty plus cases in Wales with Cardiff having over 200 of them, 160 odd in RCT.

https://public.tableau.com/profile/p...eadlinesummary
    10 deaths as well.

Worryingly a big increase in both figures

Got a phone call yesterday from the village in Merthyr saying there’s a couple of the older boys in intensive care not looking good, and one of my favourite characters ( a Psycholoon) died from Covid yesterday. all of a sudden it’s become a lot more real for me.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    It's because deaths are not normally registered on the weekends and you have up to 5 days for registration to take place so the numbers always lag the actual days recorded in the statistics. Some deaths on weekends are recorded but mostly they are not. Thus recorded deaths often relate to a high proportion of people who died days earlier meaning the numbers on the weekends are always lower and that all death statistics should be taken as a guideline only to assess trends.
    Thanks for the support but shouldn't that have been answering the first sarcastic comment form Jordi Cule?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-54540763

"The number of Covid-related patients in Wales' hospitals has risen by 49% in a week.
    Welsh NHS boss Andrew Goodall said more than 700 people were being looked after - the highest number since late June.
    The chief executive said demand for beds would continue to increase in the days and weeks ahead.
    I anticipate this winter will be more challenging than any I have known in my professional career," Mr Goodall told a Welsh Government press conference."

Wales is banning people from other areas in the Uk with a high number of cases from visiting the country;-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-54540764

Wales is banning people from other areas in the Uk with a high number of cases from visiting the country;-

Quite right. Well done Drakeford.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    By Friday apparently. Seems a very sensible move especially when you see those idiots in Liverpool dancing in the streets who are more than likely going to affect others.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    Sky news coverage pretty grim this evening. Hospitals almost at capacity in some areas of the north west for ventilators, a lot of people now saying a complete circuit breaker is needed for at least 2 weeks. And people are still meeting up in their houses and social clubs.
    Still not telling oldies to shield yet either, but talking of circuit breakers.....the clarity is just amazing.

I agree, seems madness to let them travel out of their county, we can’t even leave cardiff and it’s low compared to Liverpool etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Got a phone call yesterday from the village in Merthyr saying there’s a couple of the older boys in intensive care not looking good, and one of my favourite characters ( a Psycholoon) died from Covid yesterday. all of a sudden it’s become a lot more real for me.
    How did they get it, your older boy mates?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    How did they get it, your older boy mates?
    As far as I know they were all using the same pub in the village.

19,700 new cases today and 137 more deaths, what the figures don't make clear is if it is the areas already suffering most that are being hardest hit.

International

That'll take some enforcing!

International

19,700 new cases today and 137 more deaths, what the figures don't make clear is if it is the areas already suffering most that are being hardest hit.
    In one area they were restricted because of a spike and excess deaths but the mojority were in 1 or 2 hospitals as I understand. If you take out the nbumbers you know are froma specific cause, like the university students, how do we know what the fiugres look like then

I was interested to see before the weekend that Mark Drakeford said that all their evidence told them that the increase was in the community and among extended families, and that there is no evidence to support the clamour that it is caused by pubs and restaurants. Not often I applaud him but I admire his honesty on the point.

Sadly 2 days later Gethin said he might close the pubs to stop the spread. It really is a knee jerk reaction. The easiest target and one that everyone notices, but the affect is dubious. To spread it in a pub someone must have contracted it at home or at work or where ever.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    To spread it in a pub someone must have contracted it at home or at work or where ever.
    Why.? They might have caught it in one pub then passed it on in another pub.

Then gone and spread it at work or wherever.

That'll take some enforcing!
    Wouldn't take long to identify a car load of scousers down in the rural west!

Figures up 40% in a week. Some more radical action is needed if this virus is to be contained.

To spread it in a pub someone must have contracted it at home or at work or where ever.
    Surely though if you catch it at home and stay at home you won't spread it but if you catch it at home then go to the pub you will, so therefore there's a logic to closing the pubs?

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Wouldn't take long to identify a car load of scousers down in the rural west!
    Speeding: ?:

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Surely though if you catch it at home and stay at home you won't spread it but if you catch it at home then go to the pub you will, so therefore there's a logic to closing the pubs?
    People going to local pubs and back to someone’s house post pub is the main issue I hear.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    not a dig at you but I could probably find a bunch of other experts who say the complete opposite. It's one of the things that make this situation so difficult isn't it
    I'm not sure that you would be able to find an expert who says circuit breaker lockdowns are "guaranteed to succeed" and would bring "benefit without cost"!

Does this mean that we can't sign Harry Wilson?!

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Does this mean that we can't sign Harry Wilson?!

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I'm not sure that you would be able to find an expert who says circuit breaker lockdowns are "guaranteed to succeed" and would bring "benefit without cost"!
    Well no but I'm sure there are experts who say that the only way to stem the spread is through a circuit breaker

https://www.newstatesman.com/science...-wave-covid-19

The hospitality industry has been singled out by Chris Whitty for spreading the virus, but the evidence is anything but clear-cut.