+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Yes.
    Seriously? The supermarkets will be open anyway. What is the point of preventing them from selling "non-essential" items?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Seriously? The supermarkets will be open anyway. What is the point of preventing them from selling "non-essential" items?
    If you are going to do it, do it properly.

Last time there were plenty of middle-aged women checking out the clothes in M&S. It's a lockdown not a chance to pick up some sensible shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    If you are going to do it, do it properly.

Last time there were plenty of middle-aged women checking out the clothes in M&S. It's a lockdown not a chance to pick up some sensible shoes.
    Absolutely agree, let's do it properly.

It's only for 17 days, surely people have enough clothes to last them through? It's not as though they'll be going anywhere; they'd be better off buying a few good books

People touch clothes and spend longer browsing them. You don't touch the different brands of cornflakes to decide which you like best.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-54648194

Supermarkets will be unable to sell items like clothes during the 17-day Covid firebreak lockdown in Wales.
    Maddness . What about small business that survive with diversity of products some essential some not , I do fear for our economic future .

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    People touch clothes and spend longer browsing them. You don't touch the different brands of cornflakes to decide which you like best.
    I think you might be surprised with what folk touch in supermarkets, just watch folk testing fruits for the ripeness, or squeezing bread for freshness , looking at the longer best by dates with their hands , some just after picking thier snouts , and scratching their arse.

I wonder how many wash thier hands after the toilet .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I think you might be surprised with what folk touch in supermarkets, just watch folk testing fruits for the ripeness, or squeezing bread for freshness , looking at the longer best by dates with their hands , some just after picking thier snouts , and scratching their arse.

I wonder how many wash thier hands after the toilet .
    Yes, obviously people touch things, I'm not suggesting they use telekinesis.

Given that most of us believe the situation will get worse for a few months at least what is the position with regard to the replacement Nightingale hospital in Cardiff. If there isn't a replacement to the Principality Stadium facility could a potential shortage of beds be the reason why Wales has gone for their firebreak earlier than the rest of the UK? Google reveals nothing about a replacement but surely there must be one?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Given that most of us believe the situation will get worse for a few months at least what is the position with regard to the replacement Nightingale hospital in Cardiff. If there isn't a replacement to the Principality Stadium facility could a potential shortage of beds be the reason why Wales has gone for their firebreak earlier than the rest of the UK? Google reveals nothing about a replacement but surely there must be one?
    Isn’t there one being built at the Heath hospital?

There's probably an element of fairness to the smaller shops as well. Why should a struggling small business selling clothes have to close but a big supermarket can carry on doing so?

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    Isn’t there one being built at the Heath hospital?
    But has it been built? Or is Wales left exposed by the lack of facilities leading to the early decision to "firebreak?"

Does anyone think this is a good idea?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    There's probably an element of fairness to the smaller shops as well. Why should a struggling small business selling clothes have to close but a big supermarket can carry on doing so?
    Amazon will be rubbing their hands in glee. I dont think people who buy clothes in Supermarkets will shop in small independents anyway.

But has it been built? Or is Wales left exposed by the lack of facilities leading to the early decision to "firebreak?"
    None of the ones in Wales were actually needed last time around, I guess they should have a better idea of what additional capacity they'll need this time too.

Re the one in the principality stadium apparently the last beds weren't due to be decommissioned until the end of October or Early November anyway, so perhaps they'll keep some capacity there.

Does anyone think this is a good idea?
    Yes it will stop people going to supermarkets to browse stuff they don’t really need, and if you do, you can buy it online anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    Amazon will be rubbing their hands in glee. I dont think people who buy clothes in Supermarkets will shop in small independents anyway.
    They sure will and watch all the prices leap up like last time. Things like Lego went off the scale. Luckily my super organised wife has sorted all our kids xmas stuff already so no panic here.....

Will people be allowed to drive to Brecon to go to the butchers?

It’s not ready yet, they only started it a few weeks ago. It’s flying up though. It’s a good idea because any Covid patients can be treated in this separate unit, and hopefully, the hospital can carry on doing what it’s supposed to be doing in saving the lives of the many 1000’s who dont have coronavirus and are dying anyway.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Will people be allowed to drive to Brecon to go to the butchers?
    You can cycle

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    Couldnt people just drive over the bridge and do clothes shopping ? ? ?? dont tell the welsh nationalists that though welsh pounds for welsh people and all that

It'll be ready in a few weeks, certainly by December for phase 1. I know because i'm one of the contractors on the project. Site is 24/7 and we're working as hard as we can to get it up and running.

mrs just text me and she was driving passed Asda earlier and the rest of Ferry Rd retail is like christmas. Cars everywhere and people running around like crazed morons.
    End of the world is obviously coming!!

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    It'll be ready in a few weeks, certainly by December for phase 1. I know because i'm one of the contractors on the project. Site is 24/7 and we're working as hard as we can to get it up and running.
    Thanks. It also possibly explains why the Welsh government want to slow things down as they might not otherwise be ready if there is a sharp spike.

Thanks. It also possibly explains why the Welsh government want to slow things down as they might not otherwise be ready if there is a sharp spike.
    Could be, but its not a bad thing to do either way

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Couldnt people just drive over the bridge and do clothes shopping ? ? ?? dont tell the welsh nationalists that though welsh pounds for welsh people and all that
    During a national lockdown?