+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Heisenberg

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    There is no evidence that the rise incases is caused by the pubs being open, but I'll be surprised if they are not required to close earlier. Although what earthly use that will be is beyond me. It's not as if a person is more likely to catch it after 8 PM or something. The point I made at the time was that they would reopen them as late as possible and I think that is pretty much what they did. If they do close them again I think it will be a struggle for many to survive along with the implications for jobs. But that's a balancing act gladly I don't have to perform.

The only references I have seen to pubs was the idiots that came home from Greece and were told to go for a trst, then went out on the piss all weekend before being found positive on the monday.

It's comforting to know that you think of me though.
    How could I not think of you, you made a point about the pubs being closed and (people wanting them to be closed) whenever you could.

You spelled out your thoughts clearly for everyone to see that you thought the WAG and another secret group of people (whom you never felt the need to name) wanted the pubs to close for good... But it doesn't look that way with evidence, does it?

I'm pretty sure there's been lots of talk about the pubs being partly responsible for the rises in cases in the UK... I may be wrong though.

I think they've also already said that pubs will close earlier in 'locked down' areas, and I agree with you that it'd make feck all difference too.

There is no evidence that the rise incases is caused by the pubs being open, but I'll be surprised if they are not required to close earlier. Although what earthly use that will be is beyond me. It's not as if a person is more likely to catch it after 8 PM or something. The point I made at the time was that they would reopen them as late as possible and I think that is pretty much what they did. If they do close them again I think it will be a struggle for many to survive along with the implications for jobs. But that's a balancing act gladly I don't have to perform.

The only references I have seen to pubs was the idiots that came home from Greece and were told to go for a trst, then went out on the piss all weekend before being found positive on the monday.

It's comforting to know that you think of me though.
    One of the clusters identified in Merthyr is linked to a pub. That's been widely reported.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    One of the clusters identified in Merthyr is linked to a pub. That's been widely reported.
    Yes agreed, but I thought that was then linked to just 1 guy who went out on the piss knowing he had tested positive. That's what I really meant, no burst of infections directly from people unknowingly being in a pub while infected.
    From what I've seen/read it seems to be idiots who either knew they were infected or were waiting for test results because they were suspected to be infected.

Heisenberg

Yes agreed, but I thought that was then linked to just 1 guy who went out on the piss knowing he had tested positive. That's what I really meant, no burst of infections directly from people unknowingly being in a pub while infected.
    From what I've seen/read it seems to be idiots who either knew they were infected or were waiting for test results because they were suspected to be infected.
    Mate... don't be so naive. How could pubs not be one of the causes of the rise? You can meet up with however many mates you want outside of your bubble, show no symptoms of Covid and spread it to f**k. Then you've got the people who are so pissed they couldn't socially distance if they lived alone. I had someone's spittle fly past my head in a pub recently. He had no awareness at all and was basically shouting over my shoulder to his mate.

It's not just the pub in Merthyr. Also, there's reports of Wetherspoons staff getting the virus in their plenty. Then there's things like this:

Please be on the lookout for symptoms if you visited one of these Blaenau Gwent pubs between 13 and 18 September.

If...

Posted by Aneurin Bevan University Health Board on Monday, 21 September 2020

If you think pubs are playing no part in the rise then you're in denial or you're an idiot. I don't think you're an idiot.

Going back to what the scientists had to say yesterday, the single thing that has seemed to create the most headlines was the claim that there were 50,000 new cases every day if the current rate of progress continues over the next month. It has been said for a while now that the number of new cases per week is doubling and that contention has been accepted without question since yesterday's briefing, but the official figures, as shown in the link, tell a different story;-

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

On 6 September, the new cases shot up 2,988 after they had been 1,400/1,900 range for the first few days of the month. Since the 6th, the lowest figure has been just above 2,500 and the highest 4,422 - the rate is definitely upwards, but the new cases are not doubling every week or even every fortnight. Even if you look at the figures for the first week of the month before the big jump on the sixth, you cannot say that the current figures represent a doubling every week since then.

I tend to be on the side of caution when it comes to dealing with the virus and I appreciate that the scientists made it clear that what they were saying was far from being set in stone, but it seems to me that we're now back into frightening people into obeying instructions like we were in the spring, despite us being told it was fine for us to go out and have a cut price restaurant meals and get down the pub for weeks only a short while ago.

pubs and clubs to close by 10pm from Thursday and work from home if you can announced for England . No doubt Wales will follow suit

Aberdeen, Liverpool, Wrexham, Bolton, Merthyr all linked to pubs, bars etc.

They’re a natural spreader of all viruses and Covid-19 was always going to do the same if given the opportunity. You’re correct in saying the behaviour of some hasn’t helped in some cases.

It’s England.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...AL_UPDATED.pdf

I’m sure some of our Covid-19 boffins can work it all out?

International

[QUOTE=Heisenberg;5119367]Mate... don't be so naive. How could pubs not be one of the causes of the rise? You can meet up with however many mates you want outside of your bubble, show no symptoms of Covid and spread it to f**k. Then you've got the people who are so pissed they couldn't socially distance if they lived alone. I had someone's spittle fly past my head in a pub recently. He had no awareness at all and was basically shouting over my shoulder to his mate.

It's not just the pub in Merthyr. Also, there's reports of Wetherspoons staff getting the virus in their plenty. Then there's things like this:

Please be on the lookout for symptoms if you visited one of these Blaenau Gwent pubs between 13 and 18 September.

If...

Posted by Aneurin Bevan University Health Board on*Monday, 21 September 2020

If you think pubs are playing no part in the rise then you're in denial or you're an idiot. I don't think you're an idiot.

Clearly pubs do play a part, it is undeniable, but my concern is that they will always be the first to be blamed and the first things to be 'outlawed' in efforts to control this, but office and factories can be just as culpable, witness what happened on Anglesey.
    Lots of people who air their opinions in the media were demanding that pubs be closed to protect schools before the schools had even opened.
    As I said, they are easy targets, but they and places like them, restaurants cafes etc, employ a huge number of people that are largely forgotten about in the uproar.

Heisenberg

Clearly pubs do play a part, it is undeniable, but my concern is that they will always be the first to be blamed and the first things to be 'outlawed' in efforts to control this, but office and factories can be just as culpable, witness what happened on Anglesey.
    Lots of people who air their opinions in the media were demanding that pubs be closed to protect schools before the schools had even opened.
    As I said, they are easy targets, but they and places like them, restaurants cafes etc, employ a huge number of people that are largely forgotten about in the uproar.
    People aren't getting as pissed in factories, restaurants and cafés though, meaning it should be easier to implement the social distancing. There were a group of students sat behind me blowing through the holes in my booth (so that I felt it on my head and neck) a couple of weeks ago to try to wind me up... I didn't even consider at the time the potential for spreading Covid, just that they were lucky that all they got was a threat to stop before they had their heads kicked in.

Covid can be spread in any indoor environment, but pubs are rife for people not abiding by social distancing and not acting safely. I say this as a person who has been to the pub several times and also gone to Munich and several bars there since lockdown has lifted. I'm a pub enthusiast who acts responsibly when I go into an establishment and I still think they're unsafe as you can't predict the behaviour of others.

4,900+ new cases today and 37 dead (possibly both figures include a bit of a carry over from the weekend?).

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    People aren't getting as pissed in factories, restaurants and cafés though, meaning it should be easier to implement the social distancing. There were a group of students sat behind me blowing through the holes in my booth (so that I felt it on my head and neck) a couple of weeks ago to try to wind me up... I didn't even consider at the time the potential for spreading Covid, just that they were lucky that all they got was a threat to stop before they had their heads kicked in.
    What is it with you and threats of violence? Have you ever considered anger management training?

“This is a highly infectious virus” says Drakeford as he continues to allow people to gather together and get smashed in Wetherspoons.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    How could I not think of you, you made a point about the pubs being closed and (people wanting them to be closed) whenever you could.

You spelled out your thoughts clearly for everyone to see that you thought the WAG and another secret group of people (whom you never felt the need to name) wanted the pubs to close for good... But it doesn't look that way with evidence, does it?

I'm pretty sure there's been lots of talk about the pubs being partly responsible for the rises in cases in the UK... I may be wrong though.

I think they've also already said that pubs will close earlier in 'locked down' areas, and I agree with you that it'd make feck all difference too.
    Dear God you can't name them, you mustn't! They'll come and take you away in the middle of the night, and everything about you, your job your bank accounts your facebook, everything will be deleted like you never existed.
    Name them? I may be mad but I'm not fecking insane.

Use shedloads of taxpayer's money to encourage people to eat out in August then place major restrictions on those same restaurants and pubs after cases increase a month later. Makes perfect sense

International

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Use shedloads of taxpayer's money to encourage people to eat out in August then place major restrictions on those same restaurants and pubs after cases increase a month later. Makes perfect sense
    I wouldn't call shutting at 10 PM a 'major' restriction. And table service is normal in a restaurant anyway isn't it?

I wouldn't call shutting at 10 PM a 'major' restriction. And table service is normal in a restaurant anyway isn't it?
    Everybody out by 10pm. That's a 33% reduction in sittings for most restaurants. What would you call it?

International

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Everybody out by 10pm. That's a 33% reduction in sittings for most restaurants. What would you call it?
    It doesn't have to be if people eat earlier. No one can make them but they can.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I’m not I’m saying life goes on....it has to even with 500 cancer deaths a day, 500 heart attacks...etc....
    Life obviously doesn't go on for some of those groups of people that you mentioned....

I really don't get the objections to many of the measures from SOME sectors of the public. Of course those in fear of losing their jobs and pub and bar owners are worried - very worried - about the effects but for the rest of us we just have to get on with it. When you consider that our our parents and grandparents were conscripted to go to war with the real possibility that they will never come back is leaving the pub an hour early such a big deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I really don't get the objections to many of the measures from SOME sectors of the public. Of course those in fear of losing their jobs and pub and bar owners are worried - very worried - about the effects but for the rest of us we just have to get on with it. When you consider that our our parents and grandparents were conscripted to go to war with the real possibility that they will never come back is leaving the pub an hour early such a big deal?
    I wonder how these people would have coped in the blitz? No doubt they would be bellyaching about blackouts and rations.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I wonder how these people would have coped in the blitz? No doubt they would be bellyaching about blackouts and rations.
    I keep thinking that, we can appreciate this has been to most people a slight inconvenience yet the reactions from some are unbelievable.

Rationing during WW2 went on for 14 years, how would people have coped with that?!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    "I'm leaving my blackout curtains open and am prepared to take the personal risk".

In my house we're taking bets on how long the universities will stay open

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    In my house we're taking bets on how long the universities will stay open
    My guess is 3 weeks.