Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
I'm surprised this hasn't been metioned:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-54371859

although I don't know why it's in the politics section. The Abercynon test centre was the busiest in the UK and last week, (or late in the week before) carried uot 1065 test in 1 day, plus the tests its away teams did in other places.
Now it has been restricted to 400 tests a day because apparently someone had dictated that they don't want people going into Rhondda Cynon Taf to take tests because it is in partial lockdown.
This is insane, you can go in to work or to take your children to school but they are seeking to prevent people going to check if they have a life threatening disease.
Some of these test centres are run by NHS UK and some by NHS Wales and I am not trying to make any political point here. But whoever made this decree is clearly stark raving bonkers.
I was talking to someone this evening on zoom who works in a care home in RCT. Apparently all of their staff have weekly tests through Serco. Some staff members have been waiting over 2 weeks for results; they've had 2 lots of tests since their last results. Some of the NHS Wales run sites have had results back within the same day. The inconsistency alone is hardly great.