+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    More pollitics, Drakeford saying something is "Simply untrue" answering a different question.

Matt Hancock said the following:

"Our colleagues in Wales decided to hold no such buffer and go ahead on the presumption that supply would come through," he said.

"But they also knew that if there was an interruption to supply that England's buffer would be used to ensure nobody in Wales would miss their second vaccination."
    To which first response from Welsh government was:

"It is wrong to suggest we are reliant on an 'English buffer' as we hold our own and actually deliver a smaller proportion of vaccine to our centres than other UK nations."
    So Hancock saying Wales could press ahead with no buffer safe in knowledge that in hypothetical event it all went wrong they had support and Wales saying we had our own buffer in case things went wrong, have not needed to use England's and have been able to send vaccines back the other way. They're both emphasizing the bit which makes them look better but selective hearing on your part also.

Regarding re-opening, England have not given a date but the way it was messaged allowed people to put one in their calendar as freedom date. It appears England's "freedom date" may be pushed back by upto a month and nightclubs not initially included which is causing a stir on radio/in the press. It's predominantly a case of whether you want to give message of optimism or not when things could quickly change as medical officers are now saying it's too early to give a date and more information needed.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Things aren’t doom like at all are they? Doom monger
    Not really, I was just saying what I thought would happen. It turns out I was right, and looking at the thread again I wasn't the only one. Plenty of people called it.

Unlike Mr Deluded here, with his "if the vaccine is out before Christmas then things will be normal after"

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Not really, I was just saying what I thought would happen. It turns out I was right, and looking at the thread again I wasn't the only one. Plenty of people called it.

Unlike Mr Deluded here, with his "if the vaccine is out before Christmas then things will be normal after"
    How were you right again? I’m too busy to spend the day searching through threads....vaccines....beginning of the end

How were you right again? I’m too busy to spend the day searching through threads....vaccines....beginning of the end
    I copied it in the post for you on this page, as I guessed you might try to make an excuse like that.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post

So Hancock saying Wales could press ahead with no buffer safe in knowledge that in hypothetical event it all went wrong they had support and Wales saying we had our own buffer in case things went wrong, have not needed to use England's and have been able to send vaccines back the other way. They're both emphasizing the bit which makes them look better but selective hearing on your part also.

Regarding re-opening, England have not given a date but the way it was messaged allowed people to put one in their calendar as freedom date. It appears England's "freedom date" may be pushed back by upto a month and nightclubs not initially included which is causing a stir on radio/in the press. It's predominantly a case of whether you want to give message of optimism or not when things could quickly change as medical officers are now saying it's too early to give a date and more information needed.
    Ah but you see Surge, everything bad is due to the Senedd government whilst everything good in Wales is thanks to our benevolent toff overlords in Westminster

I copied it in the post for you on this page, as I guessed you might try to make an excuse like that.
    You are so right Lardy or shall we just call you professor Whitty......it’s just you are trying to hard to prove yourself right which usually means one thing. The end is nigh

Got my 2nd vaccine Monday too....is it worth it Lardy? You tell me....is there any point?

International

I don't disagree with you, what I said was that Drakeford said "It's not true, we haven't used their buffer" when in fact no one said they had, only that it was there if they needed it.

The other point is that he was already stating that he had no intention of following England before he even knows what England intended to do, which, if he is following the science, would seem to be a statement driven more by politics than up to the minute infection/hospitalisation information, as he clearly did not have that when he made his comment. Does he mean if England doesn't open up that he then will just so as not to follow them?

As I have opined before, he often make the right decisions but for the wrong reasons.

International

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Ah but you see Surge, everything bad is due to the Senedd government whilst everything good in Wales is thanks to our benevolent toff overlords in Westminster
    The kind of blinkered reply I'd expect from you. Try actually reading what was written.

You are so right Lardy or shall we just call you professor Whitty......it’s just you are trying to hard to prove yourself right which usually means one thing. The end is nigh
    You're the one who brought up my post from 9 months ago, not me.

I had my second dose a few weeks back. Well done for doing the right thing

I don't disagree with you ....
    It would be really interesting to see the paperwork behind decision making processes which would clear it up. It's highly unlikely that Wales' strategy amounts to going at a pace because we can fallback on England (if that was a bullet point on meeting notes I expect it to be down the list and several other processes in place to stop it being relied on) and Hancock said Wales didn't have a buffer which is factually untrue. We hopefully never find out the answer in practice about whether Wales' buffer would be enough.

Something of a UK/USA disagreement about the lateral flow tests we’ve been using;-

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...cathing-review

Being reported that England's "Freedom Day" is being pushed back to mid July

looks like your right city123 announcement due 6pm tonight

so whats everyones views on here . the right or wrong thing to do at this stage ?

think the buffoon will argue he wants more younger people to be vaccinated

It’s obvious where most broadcasters sit on extending restrictions. But I wish they’d stop saying ‘just’ another 4 weeks.
    Like it’s no worse than the delayed delivery of a sofa.

Must be aggravating to businesses who haven’t been able to open properly for ‘just’ 15 months already.

https://twitter.com/GeoffNorcott/sta...45407900106754
    The plan in England was always "step 4, no earlier than 21 June" but desire to promote optimism meant that wasn't heard and there was no desire to make it heard.

This is the first time easing has had to be pushed back post announcement of roadmap but it could have happened before for Step 2 and 3.

Will be interesting to see if people become annoyed with desire to promote optimism whether it's realistic or not (from politicians and supportive media sources) or whether frustration will be aimed at media outlets in general?

The bufoon strikes again.

The plan in England was always "step 4, no earlier than 21 June" but desire to promote optimism meant that wasn't heard and there was no desire to make it heard.

This is the first time easing has had to be pushed back post announcement of roadmap but it could have happened before for Step 2 and 3.

Will be interesting to see if people become annoyed with desire to promote optimism whether it's realistic or not (from politicians and supportive media sources) or whether frustration will be aimed at media outlets in general?
    There’s an opinion poll which says the public back the delay to “freedom day” (bet you those who have been calling it that don’t back it mind). I think it’s the right decision given the number of people who haven’t had a double jab,but did Johnson make things worse by maintaining air travel to India because he wanted to go there to try and get a trade deal?

More pollitics, Drakeford saying something is "Simply untrue" answering a different question. He says that they have never drawn from the UK Buffer stockpile implying Hancock said they had, where in reality Hancock said the buffer is available if it is needed. A different thing.
    The reason Wales have vaccinated a greater percentage of people is because they are targeting first vaccinations where England and Scotland are going more for second, and that's the only reason. They haven't manage to make more doses by giving less or conjured up extra doses on their own, it's nonsense. you can only give the number of vaccines you have, the difference is who you give them to.
    The other political thing in this article is Mr Drakeford also said he was not prepared to follow England by announcing a date when all freedoms would be restored in Wales.

"I think it's too optimistic to say that vaccination has broken the link between falling ill and hospitalisation with the new Delta variant," he said. It implies he has already made his mind up, so much for someone who says he always follows the science. If the science says open up, does anyone honestly believe he will?
    It's not medical, it's political.
    If the scientists - and by default, the government - can delay the end of lockdown for another 6 weeks there will be consensus that opening up for a month before the autumn surge, including flu etc., would be a risk not worth taking. I know it seems absurd to think that restrictions could remain in place for years to come whatever the number of cases are, but with the economy having 'adapted' and bouncing along nicely, I think this is where we're heading..

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    The bufoon strikes again.
    Does that make Drakeford a buffoon if he follows suit?

New cases in Wales routinely in three figures now, but this is the highest for some time I’d guess;-

https://public.tableau.com/views/Rap...Amobile=true#2

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There’s an opinion poll which says the public back the delay to “freedom day” (bet you those who have been calling it that don’t back it mind). I think it’s the right decision given the number of people who haven’t had a double jab,but did Johnson make things worse by maintaining air travel to India because he wanted to go there to try and get a trade deal?
    That's a bit of a step, particularly as being the PM he could go anywhere he needed to go anyway, whatever the restrictions. Just like all those attending the G7. I think you might just have made that bit up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Does that make Drakeford a buffoon if he follows suit?
    Drakeford cannot follow suit as he has not made the same optimistic statements knowing full well there is a good chance they cannot be honoured

Government only have themselves to blame for this one, travel back and fore to India should have been stopped a month before it was……