+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

1800 dead today.
    Good day to bury bad news and nothing from the leader of our United Kingdom. He is responsible for not locking down earlier in March and not closing borders for almost a year. Many thousands could have been saved if he had acted as he should.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Come May it will be
    If there is an election in May

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    1800 dead today.
    Good day to bury bad news and nothing from the leader of our United Kingdom. He is responsible for not locking down earlier in March and not closing borders for almost a year. Many thousands could have been saved if he had acted as he should.
    City have had crowds for league matches smaller than that - it’s a truly shocking figure which I’m afraid we’ve all become blasé about because it almost qualifies as normal these days.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    City have had crowds for league matches smaller than that - it’s a truly shocking figure which I’m afraid we’ve all become blasé about because it almost qualifies as normal these days.
    Highest since the pandemic began. Really noticeable Johnson and Hancock keeping a low profile. Should hang their heads in shame.

It wasn't long ago, that hypocrite Vaughan Gething was caught breaking the rules, by meeting family members in a park !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    It wasn't long ago, that hypocrite Vaughan Gething was caught breaking the rules, by meeting family members in a park !!!!
    Really when was this? Link?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I suspect its when he never broke any rules or spirit of restrictions by having chips on a bench with his family during a walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    I suspect its when he never broke any rules or spirit of restrictions by having chips on a bench with his family during a walk.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...aughan-gething

International

I think it was about the same time that Drakeford was telling us about seeing people in groups whilst he was riding through the park to his alotment, at a time when the country was in full lockdown and any exercise was supposed to start and end at home.

Good of you to confirm what you posted wasn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    1800 dead today.
    Imagine we had closed the borders in March.....look at NZ....Oz, China etc.....
    That documentary on itv was interesting last night, sometimes forget how naive we all were a year ago. It focused on Taiwan a bit, saying they had been preparing for such an event for 20 years since SARS. Just 7 deaths there I think they said. Interesting also that initially Chinese doctors in Wuhan were contacting other doctors in other Asian countries about this new virus, then the Chinese authorities clamped down and denied it was transmissible between humans. Shutting it all down right there could have saved the world this event. Even now, they try and deny......

Away from all of the talk about managers, a reason why the vaccine needs to be delivered as quickly as possible.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55768627

20210123_100559.jpg

down below 1000 cases for the first time in a long time.

Yesterdays press conference with Johnson and professors doom and gloom was really depressing.

Really shouldn't watch it.

Yesterdays press conference with Johnson and professors doom and gloom was really depressing.

Yes if anyone thinks they are going abroad this summer, forget it, vaccine or no vaccine. New variants of covid will no doubt mean no overseas travel for years I reckon. Hope you all got your fill when times were good.....on the flip side Pembrokeshire is nice in June til September ....

Yes if anyone thinks they are going abroad this summer, forget it, vaccine or no vaccine. New variants of covid will no doubt mean no overseas travel for years I reckon. Hope you all got your fill when times were good.....on the flip side Pembrokeshire is nice in June til September ....
    Yes Pembrokeshire is very nice.......not that we’ll have a property to rent down there from Easter....

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    Yes Pembrokeshire is very nice.......not that we’ll have a property to rent down there from Easter....
    Why not?

Why not?
    Not quite sure you got my meaning

At least infection rate is still falling.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...eaths-19686877

This might make you feel a bit better.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55779171

I think years maybe a bit negative. I hope so at least.

I think years maybe a bit negative. I hope so at least.
    Maybe, but until we get a high proportion vaccinated then the virus will continue to change. Unless certain countries are clear of it or the same as the UK in terms of the virus, I can’t see it being allowed.....look at South Africa already for an ie

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ernment-agency

Ministers are at the centre of an explosive row over their failure to protect workers from Covid-19 as the Observer reveals the largest workplace outbreak of the virus has taken place at a top government organisation.

More than 500 cases have been recorded at the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency’s offices in Swansea, where employees claim people with symptoms were encouraged to return to work while vulnerable workers have had requests to work from home turned down.

The revelation places the transport secretary, Grant Shapps, under pressure to explain how such an outbreak could have happened in an agency where the strictest workplace rules are supposed to apply.

A complaint received by Public Health Wales’s outbreak control team claims DVLA workers were asked to turn off their test-and-trace apps “so that their phones do not ping”.

It also says absences relating to Covid have been counted against workers’ sick leave, with anything over 10 days triggering a warning.

Yet to hear a good argument for teachers being prioritised for vaccine regardless of age/vulnerability. We are all living in an echo chamber right now though, what am I missing?