+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

International

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Christ alive not another boris balls up.
    But from the report I read it looks like the first 120 million tests are going to Africa south America and the southern Asia countries, and that could take 6 months, which means none will be readily available in europe before then.
    Perhaps by then a different one will be developed, who knows (Or someone copy this one if it works OK) and if they don't then after that first batch they will become more widely available anyway.

International

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But from the report I read it looks like the first 120 million tests are going to Africa south America and the southern Asia countries, and that could take 6 months, which means none will be readily available in europe before then.
    Perhaps by then a different one will be developed, who knows (Or someone copy this one if it works OK) and if they don't then after that first batch they will become more widely available anyway.
    So it's nota total feck up yet, although the potential to be one remains

If it’s going to take that long to get here anyway, maybe bo bo is right. If Oxford can develop a vaccine, I’m sure they can sort this obv simple test out also. Surely this would be good to roll out asap? I could pack my kids off to go and stay with their grandparents (which all parties are desperate for) if I could access 4 of these....

So it's nota total feck up yet, although the potential to be one remains

As usual the message board alive with critical comment about UK....

The UK government has signed a deal with the French manufacturer Novacyt for supply of these tests

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post

The UK government has signed a deal with the French manufacturer Novacyt for supply of these tests
    Lets see if he delivers on this one. 10m tests a day.......... Lets hope this one comes off.

Glad it's not Novichok

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Lets see if he delivers on this one. 10m tests a day.......... Lets hope this one comes off.
    The recent comments are about the tests that give results in 30 mins, not the 10m a day 'do it yourself' moonshot idea.

Which ones? The 15/30 min result ones? That would be good but brexit will probably see that doomed

For these tests? Where have you seen that?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    PharmaTimes today...

" French clinical diagnostics company Novacyt has inked a deal with the UK DHSC for instruments and Covid-19 testing kits. The supply contract includes Novacyt's Q16 and Q32 Rapid PCR instrument platforms, as well as its Exsig Covid-19 direct kits and genesis SARS-Covid Winterplex kits"...so there

Which ones? The 15/30 min result ones? That would be good but brexit will probably see that doomed

Why?

Was looking at the coronavirus stats worldwide today as deaths hit a million, can anyone explain why deaths are so low in Africa? So many people, so poor, little hygiene, why not gone through the roof?

Was looking at the coronavirus stats worldwide today as deaths hit a million, can anyone explain why deaths are so low in Africa? So many people, so poor, little hygiene, why not gone through the roof?
    I would imagine it's because they're not really testing people (dead or alive) for it.

Why?
    For no reason, just some political flapping....

there was an article about that the other day.

nobody knows.

the theory that they were putting forward was that other viruses may have passed through some of the shanty towns previously that were similar enough to grant a level of resistance to the new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    there was an article about that the other day.

nobody knows.

the theory that they were putting forward was that other viruses may have passed through some of the shanty towns previously that were similar enough to grant a level of resistance to the new one.
    Warm weather

PharmaTimes today...

" French clinical diagnostics company Novacyt has inked a deal with the UK DHSC for instruments and Covid-19 testing kits. The supply contract includes Novacyt's Q16 and Q32 Rapid PCR instrument platforms, as well as its Exsig Covid-19 direct kits and genesis SARS-Covid Winterplex kits"...so there
    I think the only person I've hear say "so there" nowadays is my 7 year old niece

Seems like good news about the tests though

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Warm weather
    yes that seems to help, but Florida is pretty warm and that was a nightmare earlier in the year

Over 7000 cases today UK wide.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    yes that seems to help, but Florida is pretty warm and that was a nightmare earlier in the year
    Florida, Texas, Arizona etc.

Brazil, India, Australia etc.

But "warm weather" though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Over 7000 cases today UK wide.
    not good news at all. 71 deaths aswell.
    collectively the country has got to start taking it much more seriously then recent months or it'll go on right through until spring at this rate.

Meanwhile over on Twitter, "Magna Carta" is trending as Zoe from Ipswich demands a lawful uprising based on Article 61, only to be told by Steve from Birkenhead that she's an idiot because the power given in Article 61 was taken away a year later 1216.

Both Zoe and Steve heard of Magna Carta 20 minutes ago.

The world has absolutely lost it

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just 4,044 new cases today - I know they're weekend figures, but that's a big drop from the norm of the last week or so.
    Oh well, a record 7,100 plus new cases today and seventy one deaths - presumably there's a degree of catching up from the weekend in those figures.