+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Yet to hear a good argument for teachers being prioritised for vaccine regardless of age/vulnerability. We are all living in an echo chamber right now though, what am I missing?
    Prioritised ahead of whom?

I dont think there is a good argument for vaccinating them ahead of group 6, but think they have a case for being grouped towards the top (along with other groups of workers such as retail or supermarket workers) of phase 2. If they are then theres a chance of schools reopening sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    All seems quite straightforward to me, the Labour guy clearly enticed the three fine, upstanding Tories into having a drink and this is all a diversionary tactic to stop people talking about the real issue of importance here - Vaughan Gething's chips from nine months ago.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    All seems quite straightforward to me, the Labour guy clearly enticed the three fine, upstanding Tories into having a drink and this is all a diversionary tactic to stop people talking about the real issue of importance here - Vaughan Gething's chips from nine months ago.
    There is nothing I can see in that link to suggest that they are implying the labour member'enticed' them in any way. How is it a dviersionary tactic? And for what? (Otherthan the chip comment)
    all it is is aan article about someone resigning because he's made a prat of himself. Why try to make it something bigger?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    There is nothing I can see in that link to suggest that they are implying the labour member'enticed' them in any way. How is it a dviersionary tactic? And for what? (Otherthan the chip comment)
    all it is is aan article about someone resigning because he's made a prat of himself. Why try to make it something bigger?
    I do believe whoosh is the word to be used in these circumstances.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I do believe whoosh is the word to be used in these circumstances.
    I would normally think that but not in your case. It isn't something you do. It is more likely the need to have a dig however trivial because of the colour of the man's politics.

I would normally think that but not in your case. It isn't something you do. It is more likely the need to have a dig however trivial because of the colour of the man's politics.
    Thanks for telling me what I do. Surely, it’s a bit pointless me having a go at the Torys involved when there’s someone from the Labour Party doing the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Prioritised ahead of whom?

I dont think there is a good argument for vaccinating them ahead of group 6, but think they have a case for being grouped towards the top (along with other groups of workers such as retail or supermarket workers) of phase 2. If they are then theres a chance of schools reopening sooner.
    Yeah I could see that being the likely end result. I have heard/seen teachers claiming that they should have been vaccinated when other frontline workers (!) were vaccinated if the government wanted schools to open.

Heisenberg

You've definitely been wooshed here snaggs. Posters who have a history of being pro-Tory were sceptical about the timing of the story breaking and made reference to it being to distract from Drakeford and Gething's recent gaffes.

TOBW was clearly taking the piss. You should've just taken your woosh and left it there before doubling down.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    You've definitely been wooshed here snaggs. Posters who have a history of being pro-Tory were sceptical about the timing of the story breaking and made reference to it being to distract from Drakeford and Gething's recent gaffes.

TOBW was clearly taking the piss. You should've just taken your woosh and left it there before doubling down.
    Hello, fancy seeig you here.

Heisenberg

Hello, fancy seeig you here.
    That's better.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    Yes Pembrokeshire is very nice.......not that we’ll have a property to rent down there from Easter....
    There were too bloody many down here last year. Tenby was overrun.
    Rather you stick to Trecco Bay. I 🤨

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Rather you stick to Trecco Bay. I ��
    It’s going to be even busier this summer FLL, my place is almost full from May to sept for the first time ever in January.....in fact I’m keeping the weeks that are free for the family. Come and hang out in cardiff it will be quieter

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    It’s going to be even busier this summer FLL, my place is almost full from May to sept for the first time ever in January.....in fact I’m keeping the weeks that are free for the family. Come and hang out in cardiff it will be quieter
    Is yours just outside Broadhaven, or is that another poster?

Rather you stick to Trecco Bay. I 🤨
    It’s a family home down there.
    Lived in Pembs for many years

It’s a family home down there.
    Lived in Pembs for many years
    Glad you're earning a few quid off the grockels, but last year was like the 1960's down here and as you say this year is looking the same. I'm glad I live in a small village off the beaten track. In normal years there are places only locals now about and are quieter. Not last year.
    Funnily enough we still have the house in Cardiff. Perhaps we should kick the tenant out and move back for the summer!

Is yours just outside Broadhaven, or is that another poster?
    Yeah that’s me

Glad you're earning a few quid off the grockels, but last year was like the 1960's down here and as you say this year is looking the same. I'm glad I live in a small village off the beaten track. In normal years there are places only locals now about and are quieter. Not last year.
    Funnily enough we still have the house in Cardiff. Perhaps we should kick the tenant out and move back for the summer!
    Bloody tourists....coming back to clog up castle street

Yeah that’s me
    Nice Italian on the front. Went there a couple of times last summer. Have you tried it?

Nice Italian on the front. Went there a couple of times last summer. Have you tried it?
    Yes a good few times...some of the nicest pizza I’ve ever had which is a shock for down that way....heard they might be selling up, hope they don’t.

It will be used to pay for the care home fees so I’m hoping it will be busy. Near Tenby so I’ve always been used to the grockels. Usually avoid the holiday times down there and go out of season.

Yes a good few times...some of the nicest pizza I’ve ever had which is a shock for down that way....heard they might be selling up, hope they don’t.
    Yes, I think you're right. It would be a shame. It's very pleasant sitting outside having a italian on a warm summer's evening. Was never keen on Alfresco dining until forced to this year.
    Found a couple of other places I can recommend to eat outside. Lawrenny Arms is right on river and Snooty Fox, not far from Oakwood. Neither expensive. Enjoyed both last year. Hope this year turns out better.

It will be used to pay for the care home fees so I’m hoping it will be busy. Near Tenby so I’ve always been used to the grockels. Usually avoid the holiday times down there and go out of season.
    Ever thought about moving back down? I've lived here almost 35 years now, only thing I really miss about Cardiff is the footie.

Just had a read through the first 10 pages of this thread because I could sleep.

Absolutely crazy how all the posters whose posts I consider worth reading were all spot on (some seemingly weeks ahead of our own government) and those who talk absolute shite but think they’re cleverer than all the “sheeple” were completely wrong and talking shite.

Well worth a read if you have some time to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Just had a read through the first 10 pages of this thread because I could sleep.

Absolutely crazy how all the posters whose posts I consider worth reading were all spot on (some seemingly weeks ahead of our own government) and those who talk absolute shite but think they’re cleverer than all the “sheeple” were completely wrong and talking shite.

Well worth a read if you have some time to kill.
    I can remember when Organ Morgan first disappeared there was a thread wondering if he'd been ill with the virus - my reply was that he was just taking a break and would be back soon, well I certainly got that one wrong! I hope and trust he's okay and the reason for his absence has nothing to do with Covid - I don't miss his politics, but he was one of the funniest posters on here when he wanted to be.

It is interesting how it all began....what happened to ccfc3po?