+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Karen gets her come-uppance! I must have missed this update.

https://twitter.com/sexenheimer/stat...world-53534638

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Bloody hell, it's going to be hot in the SUMMER, who would have thought it

Unbelievable !!!!!!!
    you're right, it's a fairly constant 29 degrees in Cardiff over the summer. Grasp away grasp away

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    you're right, it's a fairly constant 29 degrees in Cardiff over the summer. Grasp away grasp away
    Well you'd better enjoy the warmth because a report from the Academy of Medical sciences says that Covid will be more severe in the winter months and there could be a peak in hospital admissions and deaths in. Jan/ Feb 2021

On a brighter note Innoture, a company based at Swansea University, is researching a micro needle skin patch for self administration of Covid-19 vaccines and other vaccines

International

I see the number of cases of infection are going up, quite steeply in a lot in some areas, but the daily death rate doesn't seem to be rising in line with it. Or am I missing something/
    I read somewhere that some scientists said that they virus might be mutating so that it does not kill it's host, as naturally it needs the host to live so it can live. Apparently other things have done something similar. If that is the case then it should be less cause for total lock-down hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I see the number of cases of infection are going up, quite steeply in a lot in some areas, but the daily death rate doesn't seem to be rising in line with it. Or am I missing something/
    I read somewhere that some scientists said that they virus might be mutating so that it does not kill it's host, as naturally it needs the host to live so it can live. Apparently other things have done something similar. If that is the case then it should be less cause for total lock-down hopefully.
    The 'spikes' are as much to do with additional testing - particularly amongst younger people. So in reality nothing has changed - they've just identified more people who have the virus. The spikes aren't really spikes..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    The 'spikes' are as much to do with additional testing - particularly amongst younger people. So in reality nothing has changed - they've just identified more people who have the virus. The spikes aren't really spikes..
    So you're saying that it's not a spike in the data, but had there been better testing previously, the line would always have been higher.

It's a shame that there wasn't better testing before, as stronger measures would have been taken earlier and the virus would not have spread so far today.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Also I totally forgot about masks in England so couldn’t visit any as don’t have any, wife couldn’t even get her fancy coffee. But going into a pub was fine, no mask needed.....
    Been to England its a bit different but worked out well glad to be out and about . I didn't need to book a pub ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Been to England its a bit different but worked out well glad to be out and about . I didn't need to book a pub ?
    Shouldn't you be able to answer your own question?

The spikes are due too so many things , its too early to nail the reasons down, t could be specific areas and how folk behaviour in those places , sadly not all respond to advise , you could argue more testing equals more postives ,equally you could point to thise poor behaviours of not adhering to advise, nd of course as we mix more we run a higher risk.

I wear a mask and carry my own sanatiser when in public supermarket , public transport areas ,I have noticed that less folk are mask wearing in shops though in Wales lots in England though as its law , I will always find it strange we need someone to tell us how to keep healthy and think of others health risks as we crowd beaches, some pubs and other gatherings and demonstrations.

That doesn't half read like more "Pretending you know EXACTLY what is going on, all the time" - the Libertarian just let everyone get on with it view has taken a hell of a beating in the six months or so.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    The alternative being Brains Black
    Exactly....it’s a shocker and to stop selling Guinness allied to marketing that guff is also criminal

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The spikes are due too so many things , its too early to nail the reasons down, t could be specific areas and how folk behaviour in those places , sadly not all respond to advise , you could argue more testing equals more postives ,equally you could point to thise poor behaviours of not adhering to advise, nd of course as we mix more we run a higher risk.

I wear a mask and carry my own sanatiser when in public supermarket , public transport areas ,I have noticed that less folk are mask wearing in shops though in Wales lots in England though as its law , I will always find it strange we need someone to tell us how to keep healthy and think of others health risks as we crowd beaches, some pubs and other gatherings and demonstrations.
    Aren’t the spikes here mainly due to Muslims, Indians or Pakistani families not following the rules? I’m not sure as I rarely watch the news anymore but every time I see a glimpse they are showing these groups in Leicester, Blackburn, Bradford and the likes......there is barely any increase here in Cardiff

Aren’t the spikes here mainly due to Muslims, Indians or Pakistani families not following the rules? I’m not sure as I rarely watch the news anymore but every time I see a glimpse they are showing these groups in Leicester, Blackburn, Bradford and the likes......there is barely any increase here in Cardiff
    There are Muslims, Indians and Pakistani families in Cardiff too, but there may be some telling differences. Some may disagree but the 'let's slowly see how things go' approach by Drakeford appears to have paid off. Reports of horrendous working conditions in sweat shops in Leicester and Bradford also appear to have been a factor in spreading the virus.

I am fed up of seeing 'these groups' of Muslims, Indians or Pakistani families at illegal raves, ramming the beaches on the south coast and generally doing a Dominic Cummings without a care in the world. Thanks for pointing it out!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I am fed up of seeing 'these groups' of Muslims, Indians or Pakistani families at illegal raves, ramming the beaches on the south coast and generally doing a Dominic Cummings without a care in the world. Thanks for pointing it out!
    Among all the young people I witnessed hugging, kissing and generally slopping over each other looking well intoxicated in my local pub beer garden last night I didn't see anyone who was anything but white.

And the Chinese families, don't forget the Chinese families! Riddled with it, they are. Disgusting.

All of them, you know what I mean. All of them. Muslims, Indians, Pakistanis, Chinese, all of them. And not just them. I mean Them.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That doesn't half read like more "Pretending you know EXACTLY what is going on, all the time" - the Libertarian just let everyone get on with it view has taken a hell of a beating in the six months or so.
    Ah well, allegedly we're still living in an free country and can express our views and opinions without smart ass, smug, ripostes.

how can you possibly see the images of the beaches in England whenever there's been a hot day and come on here and type tripe like that

Ah well, allegedly we're still living in an free country and can express our views and opinions without smart ass, smug, ripostes.
    On the contrary, living in a free country means you should be prepared for all manner of ripostes

Says the man who tells us what is happening with not an "in my opinion" in sight. How can you be so certain about something none of us have ever seen in our lives before?

Banned

If Jesus ever existed, then I think he has just wept. Firstly WHAT ****ING RULES? There are none in England. It is "don't use the bus, unless you have to go out and work or get essentials in like food and decking for the garden. Stay 2m apart, unless you can't, then stay 1 metre apart. Don't travel unnecessarily, unless you need to top up your tan in Spain. Wear a mask, unless you don't like wearing them".

This was a line spouted by a Tory, and a convenient way to point the finger in the face of the overwhelming evidence that England opened up too quickly. Let's blame the immigrants.

Of course, the evidence may actually back up this ridiculous claim, seeing as BAME people are more likely to become sicker from contracting covid-19 than white people.

But, of course, it doesn't explain why there are not as large spikes in Glasgow or Cardiff as there are in Manchester and the North West. What may explain the absence of the spikes in Wales and Scotland are the facts that we have taken a few weeks longer to emerge from the cocoon of lockdown than Johnson did. Of course, Drakeford nor Sturgeon were compromised by chief advisors flouting the rules, and neither leader had the need to stop following the science to get rid of awkward headlines.

I honestly thought the only people who would swallow the "Asians are not following the rules" would be the sort of daft sods who voted Nick Griffin. I have you down as a number of things, but not as one of those thickos. It's worrying that grown ups have swallowed this line, and more worrying that they are probably as likely (if not more so) to flout the "rules", again without understanding what those rules are.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    And the Chinese families, don't forget the Chinese families! Riddled with it, they are. Disgusting.

All of them, you know what I mean. All of them. Muslims, Indians, Pakistanis, Chinese, all of them. And not just them. I mean Them.
    Can I blame folks returning from Spain, visiting all their families and friends, then driving back stopping at various places on the way down to Spain. I need to add the family I know are all white, so maybe I can't blame them on the basis they are not Muslim?

Quote Originally Posted by fingers View Post
    There are Muslims, Indians and Pakistani families in Cardiff too, but there may be some telling differences. Some may disagree but the 'let's slowly see how things go' approach by Drakeford appears to have paid off. Reports of horrendous working conditions in sweat shops in Leicester and Bradford also appear to have been a factor in spreading the virus.
    I know Cardiff has a large Indian Pakistani community, always has.....

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    If Jesus ever existed, then I think he has just wept. Firstly WHAT ****ING RULES? There are none in England. It is "don't use the bus, unless you have to go out and work or get essentials in like food and decking for the garden. Stay 2m apart, unless you can't, then stay 1 metre apart. Don't travel unnecessarily, unless you need to top up your tan in Spain. Wear a mask, unless you don't like wearing them".

This was a line spouted by a Tory, and a convenient way to point the finger in the face of the overwhelming evidence that England opened up too quickly. Let's blame the immigrants.

Of course, the evidence may actually back up this ridiculous claim, seeing as BAME people are more likely to become sicker from contracting covid-19 than white people.

But, of course, it doesn't explain why there are not as large spikes in Glasgow or Cardiff as there are in Manchester and the North West. What may explain the absence of the spikes in Wales and Scotland are the facts that we have taken a few weeks longer to emerge from the cocoon of lockdown than Johnson did. Of course, Drakeford nor Sturgeon were compromised by chief advisors flouting the rules, and neither leader had the need to stop following the science to get rid of awkward headlines.

I honestly thought the only people who would swallow the "Asians are not following the rules" would be the sort of daft sods who voted Nick Griffin. I have you down as a number of things, but not as one of those thickos. It's worrying that grown ups have swallowed this line, and more worrying that they are probably as likely (if not more so) to flout the "rules", again without understanding what those rules are.
    Uh oh, the return of the total bellend

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post

You read the bit where I said I’m not sure yeah? I dint really watch the news....thought you didn’t. Now your trying to make out I’m a far right racist....lovely. I’d love to meet you one day I really would