+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    That did make me smile.
    You of course have never made any remark even remotely political in the 7400+ posts in this thread have you? No, of course not! I didn't think so. hehe:
    I followed up on the obvious Johnson reference , the book about capitalism which was referred too its all political in every shape and form and a dig .

This might help others :

Failures of State: The Inside Story of Britain’s Battle with Coronavirus recounts the extraordinary political decisions taken at the heart of Boris Johnson’s government during the global pandemic.

I get the feeling folk would have loved Boris Vaccine gamble to have failed

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I followed up on the obvious Johnson reference , the book about capitalism which was referred too its all political in every shape and form and a dig .

This might help others :

Failures of State: The Inside Story of Britain’s Battle with Coronavirus recounts the extraordinary political decisions taken at the heart of Boris Johnson’s government during the global pandemic.

I don't think anyone is hoping that the vaccine gamble had failed, as there would have been a few thousand more deaths by now.
    I do think that the UK government response is already a failure though, and the vaccines have gone well but that still isn't going to make us close to any of the countries who have handled it well

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    That did make me smile.
    You of course have never made any remark even remotely political in the 7400+ posts in this thread have you? No, of course not! I didn't think so. hehe:
    Why,? It’s Johnson who linked the vaccine with capitalism and greed, not me, I was just repeating what I thought was a bizarre comment by the Prime Minister. However, that was enough for a completely wrong deduction to be made that a book about Coronavirus was actually about capitalism- I’ve almost finished it now and while the lives v money decisions are analysed, there’s absolutely no reference to economic theory as you Johnson apologists would realise if you read it.
    Second, my only mention of the Labour Party was in bafflement as to how he managed to bring them into things! I’ve never denied I post about politics, but, agree with them or not, I like to think that what I post is coherent - I genuinely don’t get what LOM is trying to say and wondered if he had meant to post in that thread on the Labour Party.
    I

This might help others :

So the use of the word “political” was what convinced you that the book was about capitalism .

By the way, I see the post I made on the book a few days ago where I pointed out that the two writers work for the Sunday Times, hardly a left wing publication, and also quoted some comments by David Davis, who last time I looked was a Conservative MP, that were very critical of Government policy over Covid, but, funnily enough, none of you apologists bothered to comment on that.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    The Pharmaceutical Industry is a global success story for capitalism. Drug manufacture is complex and depends on many industries pulling together..manufacturers of pharmaceutical quality glass, pharmaceutical quantity rubber stoppers and seals, excipient manufacturers etc. Once politicians interfere the thing can fall apart.

Dave Keating is right in many of his comments but he brushes over some important facts:

The UK signed a contract with AZ in English Law based on supply of fixed quantities of product. The EU contract was in Belgium Law and based on best efforts of each party. Second the EU wanted product manufactured within the block if facilities existed.

It's all come back to haunt them and they seem willing to disrupt legitimate supply to other countries in order to get supply. A sad tale for everyone
    An eye opener for everyone.....

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So the use of the word “political” was what convinced you that the book was about capitalism .

By the way, I see the post I made on the book a few days ago where I pointed out that the two writers work for the Sunday Times, hardly a left wing publication, and also quoted some comments by David Davis, who last time I looked was a Conservative MP, that were very critical of Government policy over Covid, but, funnily enough, none of you apologists bothered to comment on that.
    You switching sides now are you Bob?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    You switching sides now are you Bob?
    No wonder he's getting Tory adverts on his view of this website

The three restrictions Mark Drakeford says will still be in place at the end of this year if everything goes well: https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/p...-says-20239664

If coronavirus figures continue to fall, people in Wales could be limited to just three restrictions by the end of the year, the First Minister has said.

He had already warned that some restrictions will remain throughout 2021 and has repeatedly expressed his concern that another wave of coronavirus is already "baked in" and cannot be avoided.

The First Minister told Conservative group leader Andrew RT Davies that the best hope for the year was that only "simple restrictions" were left in place at the end of the year.

He said: "If things go well, then by the end of this year we may be living with the simple restrictions, the social distancing, the hand washing, the mask wearing in crowded places, the things we have become very used to doing to keep one another safe.

"But we simply cannot, I think, say to people with certainty we would like that all the risks of coronavirus are already passed. There may be more twists and turns in the story yet".
    Might not be as positive as "Open all the clubs! Let's all get syphilis!" but seems realistic and, I think, likely to be acceptable to most.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    No wonder he's getting Tory adverts on his view of this website
    They’re targeting me as a floating voter who takes a huge interest in Doncaster politics

They’re targeting me as a floating voter who takes a huge interest in Doncaster politics
    You’ve been vaccinated haven’t you? Isn’t everyone now pre programmed to vote Tory whose had the jab, bit strange that, I wonder what they really put in that vaccine...

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    You’ve been vaccinated haven’t you? Isn’t everyone now pre programmed to vote Tory whose had the jab, bit strange that, I wonder what they really put in that vaccine...

Knew you were a sleeping Tory at heart , never thought you'd quote a raging right winger though in David Davis , you'll be voting to leave non vaccinated Europe next

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Might not be as positive as "Open all the clubs! Let's all get syphilis!" but seems realistic and, I think, likely to be acceptable to most.
    He could have been a bit braver than other nations and open hospitality before they go broke and unemployment is out of control in wales

We are on our knees' Restaurant's owners lay out the huge problems the industry faces and beg for a roadmap
    "We have exhausted our reserves. Our staff need to work, and our customers need to see our doors open once again
    "

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-...s-lay-20255463

He could have been a bit braver than other nations and open hospitality before they go broke and unemployment is out of control in wales

We are on our knees' Restaurant's owners lay out the huge problems the industry faces and beg for a roadmap
    "We have exhausted our reserves. Our staff need to work, and our customers need to see our doors open once again
    "

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-...s-lay-20255463
    He's been called many names but one thing our First Minister is not is a strategist. Heads of Governments should not be waiting until 5pm tonight to hold a meeting to decide whether Wales Tourism is 'Go or No' starting Saturday.
    He said he wanted the latest data before deciding but he should not be micromanaging at this level.

Meanwhile, one of Wales biggest industries is left in the dark until the very last minute.

International

Why,? It’s Johnson who linked the vaccine with capitalism and greed, not me, I was just repeating what I thought was a bizarre comment by the Prime Minister. However, that was enough for a completely wrong deduction to be made that a book about Coronavirus was actually about capitalism- I’ve almost finished it now and while the lives v money decisions are analysed, there’s absolutely no reference to economic theory as you Johnson apologists would realise if you read it.
    Second, my only mention of the Labour Party was in bafflement as to how he managed to bring them into things! I’ve never denied I post about politics, but, agree with them or not, I like to think that what I post is coherent - I genuinely don’t get what LOM is trying to say and wondered if he had meant to post in that thread on the Labour Party.
    I
    I honestly don't have an opinion one side or the other, it was just that you apparently calling somebody out for daring to make a political comment in this thread genuinely amused me. I actually laughed reading it.

Yo lads, I had my first jab a week ago. Since having it I've had a headache. I never suffer with headaches, or very rarely, maybe 2 or 3 a year. Anyone else having the same? Apologies if it's been mentioned previously in this thread.

Speaking on the Today Programme, BBC medical editor Fergus Walsh claimed that multiple senior sources inside AstraZeneca said that in future, the company was unlikely to forego the profits enjoyed by the likes of Pfizer (set to make billions from its $19.50 jab, compared to the $4 tag for AstraZeneca’s) now that the European Commission has smeared the vaccine with claims of blood clotting and low efficacy. Not to mention threatening export controls, and blaming AstraZeneca for their shortfall in vaccine
    Another contribution from LoM that was copied and pasted from elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Yo lads, I had my first jab a week ago. Since having it I've had a headache. I never suffer with headaches, or very rarely, maybe 2 or 3 a year. Anyone else having the same? Apologies if it's been mentioned previously in this thread.
    I felt rough for a few days after the jab but it's all in a good cause.

He's been called many names but one thing our First Minister is not is a strategist. Heads of Governments should not be waiting until 5pm tonight to hold a meeting to decide whether Wales Tourism is 'Go or No' starting Saturday.
    He said he wanted the latest data before deciding but he should not be micromanaging at this level.

Meanwhile, one of Wales biggest industries is left in the dark until the very last minute.
    Bit of a no win situation.

I assume you think they should give more notice but if they did I'm certain you'd moan that they can't open for another few days/week!

When i had Covid in Nov, the headaches were the worse i have every experienced, never stopped for 6 days, i mean massive headaches, day and night, i was still getting them 3 weeks on ( not constant though ) it appears its a side effect of the vaccine aswell

That would make more sense if the announcement of unlimited travel in Wales and a reopening of some hotels was announced late tonight for a Saturday start - as it is, it's hardly been done at "the very last minute".

Anyway, making big announcements late in the day seems to be what Governments in the UK do these days - there have been plenty of times in the last year or more when I've watched Newsnight and they're discussing something that had only just been announced in the last few minutes by Johnson's mob.

Don't want to alarm you, but whereas the word is that you shouldn't worry if you have some side effects from the vaccine that last a few days and then go, a bad headache that lasts for about a week is something the medics say that you should think about contacting your GP about.

Don't want to alarm you, but whereas the word is that you shouldn't worry if you have some side effects from the vaccine that last a few days and then go, a bad headache that lasts for about a week is something the medics say that you should think about contacting your GP about.
    I wouldn't say it's a bad headache. On a 1-10 it's a 3 at most.
    I don't have it when I first wake up, but after 20 minutes or so it comes on and lasts all day.

I wouldn't say it's a bad headache. On a 1-10 it's a 3 at most.
    I don't have it when I first wake up, but after 20 minutes or so it comes on and lasts all day.
    I tend to have headaches quite often and that sounds similar to the sort I have - they got a bit worse for a while after I had the vaccine, but I never thought about seeing anyone about it, it doesn't sound like yours are anything to be concerned about either.

Wife’s had the same, standard for Pfizer anyway. Can get short of breath too and just feel like shit for 48 hrs.