+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54756950

Its a complete shambles.

I wonder if the WAG will u turn and add another couple of weeks?

Johnson to hold press conference at 4 this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54756950

Its a complete shambles.

I wonder if the WAG will u turn and add another couple of weeks?
    I don't think so - SAGE have been advocating this since the end of Sept and like the issues with the first lockdown the longer you don't do it the longer you have to stay in it.

Early and hard intervention seems to be the most successful way to suppress it.

This fortnight should buy us time until the next one in January.

Having seen the horrific predictions which England look to be exceeding which says their death rates could exceed 8500 a day and that their hospitals won't have the capacity I wonder if they'll start sending patients over the border to us and Scotland if we have beds free.

If so I hope we charge them millions for the service.

Will be interesting to see if Drakeford eventually comes out well from this FireBreak. By having an earlier and shorter lockdown we may have avoided what England are heading into.

Big if ,but if this proves he has saved lives by doing this then the general annoyance about not being able to browse the tat aisles in Aldi for 2 weeks will all look a bit silly.

PM doing a Press Conference at 5pm today. I think Drakeford was supposed to be meeting him earlier today so could it be possible Wales will fall in line with the English lockdown?

Quote Originally Posted by caerkid View Post
    Will be interesting to see if Drakeford eventually comes out well from this FireBreak. By having an earlier and shorter lockdown we may have avoided what England are heading into.

Big if ,but if this proves he has saved lives by doing this then the general annoyance about not being able to browse the tat aisles in Aldi for 2 weeks will all look a bit silly.
    1) The firebreak lockdown itself and the non-essential goods nonsense are two different issues.

2) If (and you're right, it's a very big if at this stage) the Welsh national firebreak lockdown results in a reduction in the infection and/or death rates, there will be no definitive evidence as regards what measures contributed to that and what measures didn't.

I find it all bewldering I wonder if the science from SAGE is right there's many views on this from other scientists that's worth researching, my concerns are around listening to single set of SAGE scientists , perhaps other views such as this are worth consideration https://gbdeclaration.org

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I find it all bewldering I wonder if the science from SAGE is right there's many views on this from other scientists that's worth researching, my concerns are around listening to single set of SAGE scientists , perhaps other views such as this are worth consideration https://gbdeclaration.org
    Pursuing herd immunity is ridiculous when there are studies out there showing that "immunity" can last as little as three months. My sense of smell virtually disappeared at the beginning of June and has not returned, most medical people I speak to about it now say that I had Covid, but I'm certainly not thinking that I'm immune to it, why should I when there are recorded cases out there of people catching it for a second time a few months after first having it?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Pursuing herd immunity is ridiculous when there are studies out there showing that "immunity" can last as little as three months. My sense of smell virtually disappeared at the beginning of June and has not returned, most medical people I speak to about it now say that I had Covid, but I'm certainly not thinking that I'm immune to it, why should I when there are recorded cases out there of people catching it for a second time a few months after first having it?
    The worry with the vaccine is the same that immunity will only last for 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    1) The firebreak lockdown itself and the non-essential goods nonsense are two different issues.

2) If (and you're right, it's a very big if at this stage) the Welsh national firebreak lockdown results in a reduction in the infection and/or death rates, there will be no definitive evidence as regards what measures contributed to that and what measures didn't.
    Hard to know how it will go but hopefully if infections and deaths drop on the coming weeks (assume it takes 4/6 weeks to work) then it's safe to say the firebreak will have had a large impact on that (along with increased testing and mandatory masks in shops etc.).

The bigger question for me is whether the firebreak can get Wales through to Xmas or not. Won't look good if England are able to remain open by having a later (albiet more damaging) lockdown but Wales have to be more restrictive.

Will be an interesting comparison but it was always easier for Wales to lockdown earlier as we have a Labour leader and fewer large industries to keep happy. Ironically trying to keep the smaller industries that we have happy led to the 'essential goods' issue.

Will the middle aisle be open in Lidl.? Thats the key.

Press leak details

I reckon the whole of the City squad should be tested immediately after that first half!!!!

Will the middle aisle be open in Lidl.? Thats the key.
    Indeed. You can't possibly hope to keep this virus in check unless sales of toasters and tea lights are outlawed.

So its not called a lockdown. Theyve just got a new tier 4 and put the whole of England in it.

Seems you can get sh!t in Lidls middle aisle though.

So its not called a lockdown. Theyve just got a new tier 4 and put the whole of England in it.

It's called tier 4 to try and save a bit of face.

Laughable. Its as if they are taking the piss. Can see them now. Do you think they will notice.?

Fools. It's doomed to failure.

Fools. It's doomed to failure.
    Too right, you can’t live in a permanent lockdown, life’s over else.

No wonder that people are pissed off and don't bother listening anymore. These two lunatics are blathering on and losing their audience.

Lost you mean

'We are sticking to the regional model, England is now considered one region'

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    No wonder that people are pissed off and don't bother listening anymore. These two lunatics are blathering on and losing their audience.
    Hopeless, isn’t it? Absolutely ****ing hopeless. It seems these people have learned nothing at all during the last seven months about messaging and communication with the public.

Hopeless, isn’t it? Absolutely ****ing hopeless. It seems these people have learned nothing at all during the last seven months about messaging and communication with the public.
    What should they be saying? The first lockdown relied on people being scared and it seems to me that they're hoping for the same thing again.