+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What should they be saying?
    A great deal less. And what they do say they should be saying far more concisely and clearly. A multitude of complicated slides with two ‘experts’ droning on and on helps nobody.

Is someone going to ask him is he going to resign.

He locked down too late last time and the useless tw@t has done it again. No acknowledgement either that hes got it wrong again.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    A great deal less. And what they do say they should be saying far more concisely and clearly. A multitude of complicated slides with two ‘experts’ droning on and on helps nobody.
    Those feckin slides are doing my head in.

Agree with you about the slides, I couldn't make head nor tail of most of them.

Almost like that's the point!

Whitty 'there are no good solutions all solutions are bad'. They really are Professor Doom and Gloom.

He's combed his hair hasn't he - things must be serious. He's not being "Boris".

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Whitty 'there are no good solutions all solutions are bad'. They really are Professor Doom and Gloom.
    Quite. What we really need is another uplifting message from Johnson saying a world-beating Test and Trace system is just around the corner. Feel reassured already!

Neither has Boris since about September.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Quite. What we really need is another uplifting message from Johnson saying a world-beating Test and Trace system is just around the corner. Feel reassured already!
    Weve already got a world class track and trace.

I think you will find that the one just around the corner that will really sort things out this time is even better...Duh!

Things will be better by Spring. Boris says so. Something to look forward to I suppose.

Pursuing herd immunity is ridiculous when there are studies out there showing that "immunity" can last as little as three months. My sense of smell virtually disappeared at the beginning of June and has not returned, most medical people I speak to about it now say that I had Covid, but I'm certainly not thinking that I'm immune to it, why should I when there are recorded cases out there of people catching it for a second time a few months after first having it?
    It is a great unknown I guess , listening to the scientists tonight they use the words like projects, modelling, predicting , I hope they have it right as others will suffer from non Covid health issues , can't wait to see the review if this ever ends .

has anyone got one

I missed the start of the press conference.

Usually I find the slides Messrs Vallance and Whitty produce fairly clear.

I was going to have a look because Sky has the option of going back for the last hour but because they stopped the conference on BBC 1 ( can't delay Strictly for a national emergency can we)I switched to the BBC News channel and can't now see the start.

I'll take your word for it though

Show a bunch of slides suggesting young people are spreading the virus only to then announce you're keeping the universities and colleges open

Genius.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    has anyone got one
    No idea.

We were told we were having one though.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Show a bunch of slides suggesting young people are spreading the virus only to then announce you're keeping the universities and colleges open

Genius.
    The slides were deliberately over-complicated to try and mask the fact that the reason we are where we are now was because of the political decisions that were made in that timeframe.

.but the slides are a feature of the 'modelling' , which SAGE etc. have been so committed to since day 1. What the slides don't illustrate is that practically every prediction that they have made has been significantly wrong. As many epidemiologists disagree with SAGE as agree with them, but tonight the BBC brought out at least half a dozen different ones all saying the same. I can understand to a degree why the main news channels desist from airing views and opinions that may run counter to the Govt's/SAGE's message, but - not just in the UK, but in Germany, France, Spain, Italy - there's a growing consensus that the incumbent scientists and governments are 'winging it'. No real idea how to beat the virus, but too far down the road to change direction..

No idea.

We were told we were having one though.
    https://fullfact.org/health/coronavi...boris-johnson/

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    "" those who deny there is a problem are part of the problem ""

Two weeks....barely two hours

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I missed the start of the press conference.

Usually I find the slides Messrs Vallance and Whitty produce fairly clear.

I was going to have a look because Sky has the option of going back for the last hour but because they stopped the conference on BBC 1 ( can't delay Strictly for a national emergency can we)I switched to the BBC News channel and can't now see the start.

I'll take your word for it though
    Id rather watch the rugby than watch a replay of that and i feckin hate rugby.

and the furlough system gets extended

Hmm didn't Andy Burnham the Manchester Mayor plead for this to happen just 2 weeks ago when they went into tier 3

not fair on the people that lost there jobs at the end of the last one

Things will be better by Spring. Boris says so. Something to look forward to I suppose.
    Didn't he say at one point many many moons ago that the whole thing would be over in 12 weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Didn't he say at one point many many moons ago that the whole thing would be over in 12 weeks?
    Or was it 12 blue moons in a month of Sundays?