+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Heisenberg

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    the cause of Covid19 is a health issue. The consequence of Covid19 is much broader.
    Should we just focus on the cause then? Say "f**k it" to the consequences?

Not sure how you're going to try to dig yourself out of this hole.

and? the airport was still open.
    Shutting Cardiff would have had minimal effect in Wales compared to shutting airports in England.

Because the passenger numbers are considerably higher, and people move around within the UK.

So when you say that England decisions didn't impact on Wales, you are wrong. Sorry my friend, I know you deal with that quite badly

one is, two are being schooled from home.

that's a consequence of the pandemic, not a cause.
    But people dying in hospitals is the cause?

I use it, it was open an awful lot across the summer and into autumn - I used to fly from their 3 or 4 times a week.
    what would have been the point in closing Cardiff airport. people would have just flown to Bristol or London airports.
    probably a lot more fly from there anyway with a final destination in Wales, so as an action it would have been utterly futile.
    clearly you are intelligent enough to understand this you're just being wilfully dull.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Prove it.
    the burden of proof lay with he who makes the claim. and its your claim, so fill yer boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    what would have been the point in closing Cardiff airport. people would have just flown to Bristol or London airports.
    probably a lot more fly from there anyway with a final destination in Wales, so as an action it would have been utterly futile.
    clearly you are intelligent enough to understand this you're just being wilfully dull.
    Cardiff has about 1.5m passengers a year

Heathrow alone has about 1.4m passengers a week.

Heisenberg

the burden of proof lay with he who makes the claim. and its your claim, so fill yer boots.
    Your claim is that I'm wrong...

So prove it.

Prove that the WAG were in charge of the things I have said the UK government were in charge of.

You always have to be right, so this shouldn't be much of stretch for you

****ing hell

Feedback

Failing to do anything to prevent or test people entering the country has been a failing of the UK government.
    agreed
    The mixed messaging being sent out by prominent Tories, eat out to help out, driving to barnard castle etc again the UK government.
    Millions of pounds given to tory donors to provide goods and services they had no track record of doing.
    with all due respect we've had mixed messages from right across the political spectrum both here in Wales, from across the UK and right across the political spectrum. its been a shambles of a farce with no coherent plan between the 4 home nations, with guidance changing by the hour on occasions.

Test and trace has been an unmitigated disaster.
    yes, we've seen before that the health service is incapable of delivering IT projects. you'll recall when Labour spunked billions up the wall on an integrated IT system. This still doesn't answer why WG couldn't have developed their own app.

These are the things that other countries have done to control the virus.
    yes, and all fell within the remit of WG but they also did nothing, yet the Labour loving acolytes on this forum can't pull their heads our of their arses. Its been a failing on many different fronts but that doesn't suit the Tory bashing narrative.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Cardiff has about 1.5m passengers a year

Heathrow alone has about 1.4m passengers a week.
    what's your point?

Feedback

Your claim is that I'm wrong...

So prove it.

Prove that the WAG were in charge of the things I have said the UK government were in charge of.

You always have to be right, so this shouldn't be much of stretch for you
    you made the original claim that the issues were outside the remit of WG. If you can't show that then so be it.

Heisenberg

what's your point?

This thread could double in size today.

what's your point?
    I've made it about three times. If you weren't frantically replying to every post as quickly as you can, you might have grasped it.

This thread could double in size today.
    Isn't someone waiting for post 7000? Will hit that by 11am the way it's going.

Heisenberg

you made the original claim that the issues were outside the remit of WG. If you can't show that then so be it.
    You'd never say that if you knew you were right. Everybody who has ever spoken to you on here knows you'd be determined to prove it. I'll take this as an admission that you were wrong.

You've gone from Covid is just a health issue and the WAG had control over the response... to... covid effects education and welfare too and the UK govt. were responsible for the Covid response.

Quite a productive hour we've had. I feel that you've learned a valuable lesson this morning. Who said schools were closed, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    That's a shiithousing response.

We'll try this again.

What do you think (in your own words) Johnson was apologising for?

Yours in anticipation.

he was saying that he took total responsibility for 100,000 deaths. But you know, I know and the country knows that health is devolved and his responsibilites for health are for England only. Glad to say he did not get into dividing the cake, he took it on in total.

Why on earth have we got a health minister in Wales who keeps on telling us that he makes this decision, that decision, the vaccine programme roll out etc?

Suppose, just suppose that Wales had got really low levels of Covid and a low death rate to go with it compared to other parts of UK. Do you really think Drakeford would say thanks to Boris for doing that. You can't have it both ways.

Health is devolved to the home nations and whatever you infer the responsibility for Wales health rests totally with the Senedd.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    he was saying that he took total responsibility for 100,000 deaths. But you know, I know and the country knows that health is devolved and his responsibilites for health are for England only. Glad to say he did not get into dividing the cake, he took it on in total.

Why on earth have we got a health minister in Wales who keeps on telling us that he makes this decision, that decision, the vaccine programme roll out etc?

Suppose, just suppose that Wales had got really low levels of Covid and a low death rate to go with it compared to other parts of UK. Do you really think Drakeford would say thanks to Boris for doing that. You can't have it both ways.

Health is devolved to the home nations and whatever you infer the responsibility for Wales health rests totally with the Senedd.
    So a prime minister can take full responsibility for ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND DEATHS of his own people, and not resign?

Feedback

I've made it about three times. If you weren't frantically replying to every post as quickly as you can, you might have grasped it.
    yes, Heathrow has more people, but the vast majority of which remain in England or fly onward outside of the UK. Of the 30,000 or so per week from Cardiff, most stay in Wales. I reckon the pax numbers of people entering Wales from Heathrow and Cardiff each week would be comparable. Bristol might be different

Feedback

You'd never say that if you knew you were right. Everybody who has ever spoken to you on here knows you'd be determined to prove it. I'll take this as an admission that you were wrong.
    I'm really quite busy, its self-assessment season and against my better judgement I'm here. believe what you want to believe.

You've gone from Covid is just a health issue and the WAG had control over the response... to... covid effects education and welfare too and the UK govt. were responsible for the Covid response.
    I've said several times that the causes of Covid are a health issue alone. The consequences of Covid go right across society

Quite a productive hour we've had. I feel that you've learned a valuable lesson this morning. Who said schools were closed, eh?
    i have had a very productive hour, with probably my best billing rate so far in January. I might finish for the rest of the day

Feedback

So a prime minister can take full responsibility for ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND DEATHS of his own people, and not resign?
    in your world does any of the responsibility belong with (i) Mark Drakeford and (ii) the British people for failing to stay at home and help contain the virus.

Heisenberg

I'm really quite busy, its self-assessment season and against my better judgement I'm here. believe what you want to believe.

I've said several times that the causes of Covid are a health issue alone. The consequences of Covid go right across society

i have had a very productive hour, with probably my best billing rate so far in January. I might finish for the rest of the day
    Enjoy!

in your world does any of the responsibility belong with (i) Mark Drakeford and (ii) the British people for failing to stay at home and help contain the virus.
    Yes, in my world it does. But the Prime Minister has taken full responsibility.

I don't think there'd be such a long thread about lardy's opinions.

In your world, does the prime minister taking full responsibility for 100k deaths and not resigning for it seem ok?

PPE, sporting events, delaying lockdown, playing down the seriousness of the virus ("I was shaking hands with Covid patients" etc") care homes, track and trace.

There's another 7 things off the top of my head.
    Let's unpick this because you are obviously a bit confused.

PPE in Wales is the responsibility of PHW( primarily) and NHS Wales. The fact that we in Wales did not have enough is not the fault of England ( they didn't have enough either.)

Sporting events...Those that foolishly took place in England are well known as was the Stereophonics concert in Cardiff. PHE could have stopped the English events. PHW the Welsh ones as a risk to the population.

Delaying lockdown....Wales Gov could have insisted on lockdown early but didn't. It drifted along with England.

Track and Trace...Wales has it's own strategy published April 2020...To quote them ...'Our aim is to maintain a UK wide approach'

There seems to be a misunderstanding from many on this board that although Wales Gov is 100% responsible for the health of its people, the overall responsibility is with Boris and Westminster. Well that's wrong. Drakeford as first minister plus his ministers are 100% responsible.

Feedback

Yes, in my world it does. But the Prime Minister has taken full responsibility.

I don't think there'd be such a long thread about lardy's opinions.

In your world, does the prime minister taking full responsibility for 100k deaths and not resigning for it seem ok?
    if he is fully responsible then yes. i don't think he is though, i think the British public have to take their fair share of the blame for not staying home, travelling from place to place, having parties, raves and whatnot.

Yes the government, whether UK or Welsh, could have done better, much better, but there is no point in putting in place what could have been effective measures if the general public don't pay attention and ignore it.

we'd be ****ed in a zombie apocalypse, with many running towards the undead.