+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

International

Re: Coronavirus update

These are intersting stats, for those that like stats, and the summary is thought provoking.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...ovid-pandemic/

Now know a person who has Covid despite double vaccine. See Andrew Marr was in the same position.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Now know a person who has Covid despite double vaccine. See Andrew Marr was in the same position.
    Yes, sadly apparently it doesn't work for everybody. But then, most vaccines are not 100%. If we wait for zero everything we will be locked down for ever, which appears to be some peoples preferred option.
    But look at the number of people who have sadly died who already had some underlying probably fatal condition already? Covid is now the 31st most fatal illness/disease in Wales. If we take out those with underlying conditions how any would have died?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    These are intersting stats, for those that like stats, and the summary is thought provoking.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...ovid-pandemic/
    "Community prevalence now far lower than when country had similar Covid case numbers in December" by the Telegraph who were (probably) campaigning against lockdown in December.

I don't think it's so much of an imposition to continue with mask wearing indoors, employing good ventilation and looking to avoid crowding of indoor places but recognise that's a personal view. Think signs are looking much more positive now but needlessly reckless to say opening up is irreversible or a specific date is a terminus date which just shows how little some people understand.

Speaking during an Urgent Question tabled by the SNP in the House of Commons, Liz Saville Roberts said: “Let’s call this out for what it is – a gross misuse of public money.

A High Court judgement revealed that the Minister for the Cabinet Office, Michael Gove MP, instructed officials to commission focus groups on “attitudes to the UK Union”.

He used an emergency contract given to Public First for pandemic research to tackle Covid-19.

The £564,394 public contract using taxpayers cash, included a focus group in Swansea in March 2020 and another in Aberystwyth in May 2020.

Michael Gove declined to appear in the House of Commons to respond to MPs’ questions and instead sent the Parliamentary Secretary for the Cabinet Office, Julia Lopez MP, in his place.

Responding, Lopez said that the government “do not use public money for political campaigning purposes” and refused to comment on whether the Secretary of State for Wales had been involved in the process.

https://nation.cymru/news/plaid-cymr...-on-the-union/
    Err...

https://www.reddit.com/r/GetJabbed/

What are your thoughts on jabs being given out with less than an 8 week break between going against JCVI recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/GetJabbed/

What are your thoughts on jabs being given out with less than an 8 week break between going against JCVI recommendations?
    In the USA its a 3 week gap then no later than another 2 weeks

a friend of ours ( in orlando, so it might differ from state to state ) has just had his 2nd, i said it is only a few weeks sine your 1st, which the reply was thats the US guidelines

the EU are surely just behind the curve of the UK though, its just a matter of time before they catch up when Delta takes hold ( it isnt like it isnt in the EU yet )

We can reveal the existence of *another* VIP lane - for Covid tests - with "stakeholder engagement" conducted through, yep, you guessed it, a private gmail address.

https://twitter.com/JolyonMaugham/st...66790022860801
    Whatever your thoughts about the VIP lanes, how can there be such a scandal in, our close ally, American politics about private email usage for government business and UK government workers to not learn any lessons from it?

P.S. thanks to Blue Matt for American perspective on length of break between jabs

2 in 3 Welsh adults have had both doses of a vaccine according to PHW

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    2 in 3 Welsh adults have had both doses of a vaccine according to PHW
    67.2% according to the UK covid stats page so a little more than 2 in 3 adults. 89.6% have had first dose.

But the more it's out there the worse the risk of long covid or mutations.

Vaccination centres in Wales to open for walk-ins with no appointment from Saturday
    Young adults in particular are being encouraged to attend: https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/h...-walk-20952122

if you are in the 2% that get it hard i feel sorry for you. Not much can be done tbh to help those that have had both jabs and still
    get sick. science will hopefully help us

We need to lockdown ..

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post

P.S. thanks to Blue Matt for American perspective on length of break between jabs
    The Difference in the USA are massive and its been very interesting watching how they have dealt with getting life back to normal ( I must admit My following has been very Orlando / Florida based )

Last night, fireworks returned to Walt disney world ( i watched a live stream of it, Im that sad ) but the crowds were stood shoulder to shoulder with no masks ,it was honestly like it was 2 years ago, yet on Good morning Britain they were discussing that people shouldnt go to pubs to watch the England game tomorrow due to the risk of spreading C19

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    The Difference in the USA are massive and its been very interesting watching how they have dealt with getting life back to normal ( I must admit My following has been very Orlando / Florida based )

Last night, fireworks returned to Walt disney world ( i watched a live stream of it, Im that sad ) but the crowds were stood shoulder to shoulder with no masks ,it was honestly like it was 2 years ago, yet on Good morning Britain they were discussing that people shouldnt go to pubs to watch the England game tomorrow due to the risk of spreading C19
    Pretty much the last month has been back to normal in a domestic basis.

I had my 2nd Pfizer vaccine 2 weeks after the first.

No masks in bars, restaurants or stores.
    It was odd going to the mall initially with some big retailers saying no masks if you are vaccinated and other more boutique stores requiring them.

It will be back to normal for me, when I can get back to Wales with no bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post

It was odd going to the mall initially with some big retailers saying no masks if you are vaccinated and other more boutique stores requiring them.

95% of the people in this resort ( in St.Lucia ) are American, I’ve spoken to quite a few, from various states and there seems to be a split between the metropolitan (masks) and rural (no mask) approach. You have to be double vaccinated by at least 14 days to be here. The only place masks are compulsory if you go to the buffet but off resort the rules are still strict & there’s a curfew in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    95% of the people in this resort ( in St.Lucia ) are American, I’ve spoken to quite a few, from various states and there seems to be a split between the metropolitan (masks) and rural (no mask) approach. You have to be double vaccinated by at least 14 days to be here. The only place masks are compulsory if you go to the buffet but off resort the rules are still strict & there’s a curfew in place.
    Americans there must be wearing masks for most of the day then...

No Covid in SW19. Large crowds on Centre and No.1 courts, barely a mask in sight. Fans in and out of their seats with pints and Pimms.

40K or more at Wembley the other night with the second in line to the throne, his wife and son in attendance also without masks.

I'm all for opening up again and get frustrated with the hypocrisy and scaremongering. Why don't we see daily figures for all deaths, for all infections? Why don't we have a slide that shows the amount of people in Wales with Covid who are in hospital would fit on one of Tony's busses.

No figures revealed from hundreds of test events where it's thought about 28 people from tens of thousands tested positive. Yet Scotland fans blamed for causing two thousand cases because they went to London. That doesn't make sense.

online news feeds say we can go away, we can't go away, we can open up, we can't open up.

It's really affecting the mental health of a lot of people.

Time to get on with things.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post

it truly is back to normal in Orlando, saw a Vlogger in flying from Orlando to So Cal, MCO was the busiest ive ever seen, 4th July holiday, so it was rammed

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    No Covid in SW19. Large crowds on Centre and No.1 courts, barely a mask in sight. Fans in and out of their seats with pints and Pimms.

40K or more at Wembley the other night with the second in line to the throne, his wife and son in attendance also without masks.

I'm all for opening up again and get frustrated with the hypocrisy and scaremongering. Why don't we see daily figures for all deaths, for all infections? Why don't we have a slide that shows the amount of people in Wales with Covid who are in hospital would fit on one of Tony's busses.

No figures revealed from hundreds of test events where it's thought about 28 people from tens of thousands tested positive. Yet Scotland fans blamed for causing two thousand cases because they went to London. That doesn't make sense.

online news feeds say we can go away, we can't go away, we can open up, we can't open up.

It's really affecting the mental health of a lot of people.

Time to get on with things.
    I read a thread on here asking for Drakeford to let fans into CCS in Aug, I honestly didnt realise they couldnt, 60 K in Wembley soon

As you say, lets get back to life, the vac is doing its job of keeping people out of hospital

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    In the USA its a 3 week gap then no later than another 2 weeks

a friend of ours ( in orlando, so it might differ from state to state ) has just had his 2nd, i said it is only a few weeks sine your 1st, which the reply was thats the US guidelines
    The recommended gap between mRNA (Pfizer ad Moderna) vaccines is 4 weeks. This is what the CDC has in its directives. This was the regimen used during the vaccine testing phases. It's the same across all states. There may be some variation across states based on the roll outs.

I think the UK change to an 8 week gap for AZ was based on trying to get a first shot out to as many as possible and not based on the clinical trials (which I think was 4 weeks).

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    The recommended gap between mRNA (Pfizer ad Moderna) vaccines is 4 weeks. This is what the CDC has in its directives. This was the regimen used during the vaccine testing phases. It's the same across all states. There may be some variation across states based on the roll outs.

I think the UK change to an 8 week gap for AZ was based on trying to get a first shot out to as many as possible and not based on the clinical trials (which I think was 4 weeks).
    It was a 12 week gap and applied to all vaccines - not just AZ. You are right about the reason for the change from the trial gap.

Earlier this year the NHSCovid app was launched for people to book vaccine appointments online - and there was a fixed 12 week gap between the first and second (and it prevented anyone booking just a first jab - to complete the online appointment booking both dates were needed). Appointments arranged via GPs were a bit more flexible. Now it is 'walk in'.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    It was a 12 week gap and applied to all vaccines - not just AZ. You are right about the reason for the change from the trial gap.

Earlier this year the NHSCovid app was launched for people to book vaccine appointments online - and there was a fixed 12 week gap between the first and second (and it prevented anyone booking just a first jab - to complete the online appointment booking both dates were needed). Appointments arranged via GPs were a bit more flexible. Now it is 'walk in'.
    Thx for the correction. My sister is a nurse in Cardiff and she was mightily pissed off in January when her second Pfizer was cancelled because of the change.

The NHS website still lists the following as symptoms which will allow you to book a PCR test:

- a high temperature
    - a new, continuous cough
    - a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste

It appears that the Delta Variant has different presenting symptoms though so we could easily be missing lots of cases, but equally it does appear link between virus and death seems to have been broken. Most recognise that it's new territory (the end of bad covid in the UK?) but we should still be concerned about abroad (how many people will suffer abroad where vaccines haven't reached, what happens if new variant resistant to vaccines?), long covid and how much has been put on hold throughout covid restrictions.

Are we still going to wear masks indoors and avoid cramped, enclosed spaces? Is that going to return in the winter to help reduce spread of other viruses?