+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Nah, valleys mentality of believing that you're right about something even if facts show you haven't got a clue.
    I'd also say that although there are terraced streets like the one I now live on in Cardiff, there are far more of them up here - people tend to live much closer to each other up here and I believe this makes it easier for the virus to spread, it cannot be a coincidence that the virus has been most prevalent in the poorest areas this autumn.

Did I just hear that the virus has evolved into a different strain in Sweden, and jumped from animals to humans on a mink farm.

The vaccine that is going to save the world may just have become outmoded......

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Did I just hear that the virus has evolved into a different strain in Sweden, and jumped from animals to humans on a mink farm.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...cientists-warn

Err.... it was Denmark, not Sweden. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54835538

Err.... it was Denmark, not Sweden. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54835538
    It happened in Spain last summer, they killed about 100,000 of them. For some reason they can catch it from humans and spread it....

Wasn’t there also a difference in the Spanish strain picked up by tourists and brought back here in August/September?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'd also say that although there are terraced streets like the one I now live on in Cardiff, there are far more of them up here - people tend to live much closer to each other up here and I believe this makes it easier for the virus to spread, it cannot be a coincidence that the virus has been most prevalent in the poorest areas this autumn.
    people also seem to live on the same street as their extended family far more that in Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Do you reckon that they're in and out of eachothers houses up their a bit more?
    Yes. Family and friends live close together.

There is also far more of a community in the valleys than the City.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    What claim ?
    "Absolutely no way we could have been infected at that place, yet if someone who went there within 14 days either side of when we went, gets symptoms, [almost certainly contracted from somewhere else], we will get a phone call instructing us both to stay indoors for 2 weeks and get people to drop of food etc."

That claim. It's bollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    What's going to happen next?
    England are going into a lockdown, so the Welsh lockdown will end come hell or high water.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    people also seem to live on the same street as their extended family far more that in Cardiff.
    Yes, I'd agree with that,

Yes. Also ive noticed areas in the Cynon Valley with a higher proportion of terraced houses seem to have a higher rate. Loads of families who more or less live next door to each other.

Additionally the average age in most valleys towns is significantly higher than in Cardiff, not including places like treforest.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Masks only lower your chance of getting it by about 10% I think and that’s if it’s worn properly.

The reason we wear masks is they stop us giving it if we are asymptomatic by about 90%.

Thinking you won’t have it because you wore a mask makes me think you don’t really understand it. And unless you drank your coffee through it you really don’t understand it.
    It amazes me how dull people are about mask wearing. I think half of them honestly believe it is to stop someone else giving it to them. Pull up at a traffic light and the person next to you in their car all alone is wearing a mask, with all the windows up . What do they honestly think they're achieving? I was up the valleys the other day and saw a woman walking her dog. There wasn't another soul, or even a house within half a mile of her but she was wearing a mask. And you see that time after time.
    I understand better safe than sorry but shirley they know someone who can put them tight?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Doesn't it work it out based on the bluetooth interactions. And it takes distance and time spent into account. So you're only getting a real notification if you have been close enough to someone for long enough. Again it seems people moaning about things don't have a good grasp on how they actually work.

Why form such strong opinions without trying to understand something first?

I got a random notification a few weeks ago and when I clicked into the app nothing. So I googled it and it said it was a glitch based on how the app was interacting with the phone's software.

It's not ideal but surely anyone getting anything like this is going to double check before isolating.
    If you scan into a place like I scan into my local the app keeps a record and if someone then reports a positive test and their app shows they have been in my local then the app tells me someone has been in the same place as me within the time frame (48 hrs) but it doesn't require any action. It only requires action if the positive testing person, when contacted says, "I sat int he pub with Xsnaggle for half an hour yesterday" and if that happens I will receive a phone call telling me what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    It amazes me how dull people are about mask wearing. I think half of them honestly believe it is to stop someone else giving it to them. Pull up at a traffic light and the person next to you in their car all alone is wearing a mask, with all the windows up . What do they honestly think they're achieving? I was up the valleys the other day and saw a woman walking her dog. There wasn't another soul, or even a house within half a mile of her but she was wearing a mask. And you see that time after time.
    I understand better safe than sorry but shirley they know someone who can put them tight?
    I am more inclined to criticise those who don't wear masks. What annoys me is those people who wear a mask getting onto a bus but as soon as they get on either remove it or wear it around their chins.

Another farce which only makes it harder for the public to have faith in "the science".

A chart shown on Saturday's Prime Ministerial briefing which claimed there could be 1,500 deaths a day next month, has now been downgraded to a 1,000 a day - still bad, but how can you have any faith in the new figure?

And some not so good news - although it does say there are signs of flattening in new cases in Wales;-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54837387

And some not so good news - although it does say there are signs of flattening in new cases in Wales;-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54837387
    Yes, I guess the big thing will be how quickly the new cases line begins to drop. If it drops suddenly then great, but I can't see it somehow

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    "Absolutely no way we could have been infected at that place, yet if someone who went there within 14 days either side of when we went, gets symptoms, [almost certainly contracted from somewhere else], we will get a phone call instructing us both to stay indoors for 2 weeks and get people to drop of food etc."

That claim. It's bollocks.
    So why do they take our contact details ? The above is a summary of what's on the Govt. webpages. Oh, and if you reply, try and be polite..

The people not listening could find themselves in lockdown for months.....

Covid: Lockdown 'should continue for months' in Merthyr https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54837387

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post

Covid: Lockdown 'should continue for months' in Merthyr https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54837387
    If they are not listening, what difference would it make.

International

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post

But Mr Drakeford has already said there will be no more local lockdowns here in Wales! So if they don't listen maybe we'll all be locked down.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    So why do they take our contact details ? The above is a summary of what's on the Govt. webpages. Oh, and if you reply, try and be polite..
    Contact details are taken as a person who has tested positive will be asked by contact tracers who they have recently been in contact with and where they have been. Recent is the 2 days before getting symptoms onwards.

If they say they were in that cafe and at a time they were at risk of passing it on the cafe will have your details. You can then be contacted if you were in close contact of that person.

Your post sorry was completely inaccurate.