+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Apparently, much of the recent spike has been traced to an organised trip to Doncaster Races. (mentioned in 12:30 briefing)

F***ing idiots
    The scary thing is these type of idiots are everywhere, it’s shocking how dull some of the general public are.
    Social media comments on facebitch and twitter sum up perfectly what the folk think about the new local lockdowns, people simply will not listen to the advice and latest rules and ignorant of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Depends if you're calling into a butcher's in Abercynon.
    No chance....can’t shut the a470 I guess

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-wales-54191828

Doncaster races interview on the Beeb.
    My god, im speechless.

3 deaths again today, after being at zero for quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post

My god, im speechless.
    Read earlier the group the FM mentioned didn't actually go to the course.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Read earlier the group the FM mentioned didn't actually go to the course.
    Agreed but some of them had symptoms before they went, had the tests but the results hadn't come back in time.....so they went anyway. Then the tests were positive when they got back. Unbelievable.

My god, im speechless.
    I saw that.
    What an idiot.

Agreed but some of them had symptoms before they went, had the tests but the results hadn't come back in time.....so they went anyway. Then the tests were positive when they got back. Unbelievable.
    Now they’ve got the whole county they live in lockdown....fools

Be fair, they do go every year .

My god, im speechless.
    Is she trying to defend them? She's all over the place but has a weirdly confident tone.

Same as what happens every year. Nothing was done any different.

A number of people had covid before the trip but hadn't had test results back.

They didn't take precautions because nobody had covid so you wouldn't take precautions.

If anybody on the bus was ill, it was covid symptoms are cold and flu like symptoms.

At the moment all the symptoms of everyone who was tested are flu like symptoms with the loss of taste and smell.

Any of them who tested positive have all got the same symptoms. Some of them haven't got any symptoms at all.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Is she trying to defend them? She's all over the place but has a weirdly confident tone.
    This type of response to an indefensible action is commonly known as the ‘Cummings strategy’.

See earlier during the pandemic.

They go every year but don’t go to the racetrack is this a bit of a theme amongst Welsh rugby clubs.... “We always go to Scotland for the six nations game, never been to Edinburgh though, we stay in a hotel in Inverness”. Strange folk.

My god, im speechless.
    What that clip doesn't contain is the lady's comment about how she was disgusted by the response of local people to some of the individuals who went on the infamous trip. How beastly of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    This type of response to an indefensible action is commonly known as the ‘Cummings strategy’.

See earlier during the pandemic.
    At first I thought BBC Wales posted her interview on their Facebook page as somesort of joke, but after it appeared on the national news it was clear that she seriously thinks that the people on the trip did nothing wrong. Yes, Vaughan Gethin should have checked if they had actually visited the racecourse (it was well known that crowds weren't admitted after the first day), but it still doesn't excuse the actions of those on the trip.
    If she truly is a representative sample of the attitude that many people have towards the pandemic then there's no hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    What that clip doesn't contain is the lady's comment about how she was disgusted by the response of local people to some of the individuals who went on the infamous trip. How beastly of them.
    Usually seen as role models those rugby club types though, you know fighting outside pubs, on beaches that sort of thing

Its just completely unbelievable. She does seem to believe they did nothing wrong. They did nothing wrong.?They went on a jolly to Doncaster (they didnt even have tickets for the races they just hit the pub or pubs) with some of the party waiting the results of covid tests. Its shocking.

Its not just the clowns on the bus their household members should have been in isolation as well pending the results. Bet they werent as their partners were on a p!ss up.

Theyve probably all been mixing in Abercynon as well as hitting Doncaster and wherever they stopped. Lets face it they stopped somewhere.

She actually had a rant at the residents of Abercynon and told them to be kind.

The sense of the British people. No wonder the country is the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    At first I thought BBC Wales posted her interview on their Facebook page as somesort of joke, but after it appeared on the national news it was clear that she seriously thinks that the people on the trip did nothing wrong. Yes, Vaughan Gethin should have checked if they had actually visited the racecourse (it was well known that crowds weren't admitted after the first day), but it still doesn't excuse the actions of those on the trip.
    If she truly is a representative sample of the attitude that many people have towards the pandemic then there's no hope.
    They and their ilk are beyond stupid.

I just realised. Doncaster was last week.

If her partner has Covid should she be out in the street giving TV interviews.??

Perhaps theyve got it wrong and he was one Covid free.

Apparently testing is coming under pressure also because people are confused about the differences in symptoms between what’s known as the common cold and the coronavirus. They are going for tests because they have a mild temp rise and a cough....like the consultant said on the news last night, its far more likely to just be a cold. Stuffy, blocked nose is unlikely to be Covid. By the end of last week 10 out of 30 in my eldest primary year were off with colds. Lots of the usual bugs about, more so as they e been off for 6 months maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    The clip made me laugh but it illustrates perfectly how stupid some people are and their due lack of care and consideration regarding the pandemic and others.

Let's be fair, for those who say we should trust the British public to do the right thing know **** all about the British public.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    They and their ilk are beyond stupid.
    Are we including Dominic Cummings in that assumption?

The club involved (a Conservative club I notice) put their side of the story;-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-54189913

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Apparently testing is coming under pressure also because people are confused about the differences in symptoms between what’s known as the common cold and the coronavirus. They are going for tests because they have a mild temp rise and a cough....like the consultant said on the news last night, its far more likely to just be a cold. Stuffy, blocked nose is unlikely to be Covid. By the end of last week 10 out of 30 in my eldest primary year were off with colds. Lots of the usual bugs about, more so as they e been off for 6 months maybe.
    That is a huge part of the problem coupled with the number of people going on holidays to those countries requiring a test before departure. Children and colds go hand in hand. Every year many thousands of kids catch colds. My ex teacher wife always seemed to be coming home with a cold which meant our whole family felt ill every winter although not bad enough to keep us off work. There are still major logistical problems, however, with track and trace which they should have got the army to sort out just like they did with the building of the new hospital facilities and the logistics surrounding the delivery of PPE.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Are we including Dominic Cummings in that assumption?
    Absolutely, the man is an idiot and should have been sacked.

Mark Drakeford not happy with Johnson - the R rate in Wales now almost certainly above one - the latest estimate is between 0-7 and 1.2.