+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I know over 20 friends of mine who have had it, two more have said they've had it in the last 48 hours. Most have said they've felt weak and haven't properly recovered. I think 3 of them have been hospitalised by it, oddly enough all were younger and healthier than me. A few have had minor symptoms. One guy, in his 70s, drinks like a fish, overweight, heart problem, was asymptomatic! Most of them passed on the virus to others in their family.

I know of something like 6 Facebook friends who have lost family members due to Covid. One was cremated last week, the brother of someone I know, mid 40s, young kid now without a father.
    Back in the summer, I didn't know anyone who had had covid. Now I do. It's spread a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Because that was the very point I was making ??!
    No it wasn't. You were talking garbage - something you've become quite adept at since the pandemic began.

The claim in your original post is hopelessly inaccurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Yeah that can't be how it works, or everyone would be getting notifications all of the time
    That’s what I thought....I’ve had a few pop up in my phone saying I’ve been near someone who tested positive or something like that, but not where or when....

Merthyr now has the highest rate in the UK with RCT and Blaenau Gwent in the top 10 as well.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54824485

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    No it wasn't. You were talking garbage - something you've become quite adept at since the pandemic began.

The claim in your original post is hopelessly inaccurate.
    What claim ?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Merthyr now has the highest rate in the UK with RCT and Blaenau Gwent in the top 10 as well.

Not great. Lockdown ending Monday with easing of restrictions.

Travel anywhere / indoor activities / meeting friends in pubs/ schools back. Not sure about all these being lifted.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Before the [Wales] lockdown the wife & I walked into town and had a coffee outside a cafe in an arcade. We wore masks, they wore masks, we were 3m at least away from anyone else who either worked there or went there. Absolutely no way we could have been infected at that place, yet if someone who went there within 14 days either side of when we went, gets symptoms, [almost certainly contracted from somewhere else], we will get a phone call instructing us both to stay indoors for 2 weeks and get people to drop of food etc.

Yeah, right.
    This was the claim, it is bollocks.

What's going to happen next? Extension of the firebreak which Drakeford said won't happen or will Wales have a tiered system effectively isolating Merthyr, RCT and Blaenau Gwent? Unless the figures drop dramatically after the firebreak something has to be done?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Not great. Lockdown ending Monday with easing of restrictions.

Travel anywhere / indoor activities / meeting friends in pubs/ schools back. Not sure about all these being lifted.
    I suppose what we're seeing in the current stats are the consequences of what was happening before the lockdown started, but I agree, it doesn't look great does it - or to be more precise it doesn't look great for the area which includes RCT and Merthyr because it seems to me that the new cases figures everywhere else are slightly better than they were a few days ago.

I suppose what we're seeing in the current stats are the consequences of what was happening before the lockdown started, but I agree, it doesn't look great does it - or to be more precise it doesn't look great for the area which includes RCT and Merthyr because it seems to me that the new cases figures everywhere else are slightly better than they were a few days ago.
    Why is it so bad in the valleys yet Cardiff seems ok?

I was messing around with a merthyr girl about 6/7 years ago and as things were getting heated (2hrs in on the first date naturally) i went to wrap up down below and she said "no need for that my sweet, we spread the love up this way!!" Dosn't surprise me in the slightest the virus has the highest spreading rate up there after my experience with her

Good work from Rishi ( and the Government ) extending Furlough ( And Self employed help ) till March, that should give peace of mind to alot of people

A welcome U turn.

Great credit must go to the likes of Andy Burnham who has been fighting not just for Manchester but the North.

Extending to March already they must realise more lockdowns or at least restrictions ahead.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Yeah but if you've been in a coffee shop at a different time or on a different day to someone else who's had it you won't get anything.

Even if you were in the same shop at the same time as long as you weren't really close for a long period of time you won't hear anything.
    Exactly. As I understand it the person who tests positive and who is contacted must declare where they have been and the people with whom they have had close contact, defined I think as 2 meters or less for 15 minutes. It is only those people who would then be contacted and asked/told to self isolate.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Why is it so bad in the valleys yet Cardiff seems ok?
    Lots in the valleys don't like being told what to do.

International

But is Methyr now top because its numbers have increased or because the places that were above it have decreased due to local lockdowns?
    I cannot keep up with these stats any more. I'm becoming graph-blind.

International

I see Nicola Sturgeon has said that the lockdown in Scotland that started on monday has already resulted in the R number going down to 1.
    It must be a miracle, it normally takes 3 weeks to find out that. Next she'll be telling us if they had independence it would go down even further overnight!!

"Cautious optimism' over spread of virus in Scotland
    People in Scotland have been living under tough restrictions since Monday and it has started to have an effect on the spread of the virus, according to Nicola Sturgeon. The first minister said the "R number" metric - showing on average how many people each patient with the virus will infect - had dropped to about one. A five-tier system was brought in across the country earlier this week, which saw restrictions on household mixing and hospitality. Ms Sturgeon said she still could not rule out a full lockdown, but Scotland was in a "better position" than England."

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Exactly. As I understand it the person who tests positive and who is contacted must declare where they have been and the people with whom they have had close contact, defined I think as 2 meters or less for 15 minutes. It is only those people who would then be contacted and asked/told to self isolate.
    Yes and its recent contacts. Which I believe is those theyve been in contact with in the 48 hours before symptoms. Hopefully when they have symptoms they wont have been in contact with people but if they have them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    So all the positive test were on people who wee not unwell.

To me that's why the figures are used to scare the public. A lot of positive tests does not mean a lot of unwell people.
    Apologies if my comment seemed a bit odd. Using the daily positive test total as a scare may have been the wrong way of expressing some scepticism of how the numbers are delivered. The graphs and projections by whitty and valance seemed to me to be political numbering to attempt to justify rather than factual. The more concise and common sense figures from the NHS bloke tonight gave a better understanding.

I hope Mr and Mrs Elwood keep safe. As someone myself who has personal reasons to be wary and as a person with a responsibility for a vulnerable adult I am not stupid when it comes to following guidelines and acting sensibly.

There are so many inconsistencies and contradictions that it's no wonder that people ignore what's recommended and there's never going to be any rules put in place that some elements in society will follow. They go by their own rules whatever anyone says.

Does anyone? Do they want to be held responsible for potentially killing people? I don’t think so.....

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    The App isnt great at this though, Bluetooth wasnt really designed for judging distance

Much more friendly with Family and Neighbours uo there..........Ahem......

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Does anyone? Do they want to be held responsible for potentially killing people? I don’t think so.....
    Do you reckon that they're in and out of eachothers houses up their a bit more?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Do you reckon that they're in and out of eachothers houses up their a bit more?
    Nah, valleys mentality of believing that you're right about something even if facts show you haven't got a clue.