+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Thanks, that's what I get for mislaying my glasses again. Thanks also to lisvaneblue for his clarification.

Another encouraging aspect of this trial is that none of the people involved who caught Covid were hospitalised.
    This sounds so promising hope people dont think they can now go out and have a massive party.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    This sounds so promising hope people dont think they can now go out and have a massive party.
    Here's me on reading that, just cranked on a live version of '586' and currently jigging around the kitchen with a bottle of Moretti.

I'm swerving the neighbours though.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Thanks, that's what I get for mislaying my glasses again. Thanks also to lisvaneblue for his clarification.

Another encouraging aspect of this trial is that none of the people involved who caught Covid were hospitalised.
    Also, and I find this stuff a bit confusing, the Oxford/Astra Zeneca vaccine boost T-Cell immunity rather than Antibody. So it *should* be more effective long term.

Great news about the Oxford vaccine but can anyone please explain why the results differ with 1.5 doses and 2 doses? What are the mechanics? And which technology will be best?

Gonna have the vaccine anyway, but I am extremely curious about it

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Here's me on reading that, just cranked on a live version of '586' and currently jigging around the kitchen with a bottle of Moretti.

I'm swerving the neighbours though.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Goats has been on record to say he literally lives next door to 8 doctors and knows a few more so I wouldn't diss him just yet.
    ergo goats is either a student nurse or lives in a loony bin.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Yes particularly as we have so many doses. I guess even 70 is considered good when our regular flu vaccine is about 50%.

The question is, 70% effective but longer term protection, or 90% effective, more costly, and not as long protection.

In 6-9 months these vaccines will start looking a little primitive as other vaccines continue to be developed, the key point being that the virus can be contained, at least, by the wonders of modern science.

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    Great news about the Oxford vaccine but can anyone please explain why the results differ with 1.5 doses and 2 doses? What are the mechanics? And which technology will be best?

Gonna have the vaccine anyway, but I am extremely curious about it
    A difficult one for us mortals....
    One idea is the immune system rejects the vaccine, which is built around a common cold virus, if it is given in too big an initial dose.

Or a low then high shot may be a better mimic of a coronavirus infection and lead to a better immune response.

Covid-19: Oxford University vaccine is highly effective https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55040635

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    ergo goats is either a student nurse or lives in a loony bin.
    Definitely the latter, all my life too

Worth a watch for the sceptics out there......

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/u...eason-19334025

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55057642

Deaths in Wales still on the rise. The highest weekly total since early-May apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

Deaths in Wales still on the rise. The highest weekly total since early-May apparently.
    Cardiff cases were up to around 630 yesterday

A 10% rise since Thursday, when they had gone down well since the 2 week lockdown. Stayed around 565 for three days last week, but has gone upon two days since

Bad in the valleys still looking at that graph.....

If infections is on a 2-3 week lag then deaths is probably a couple of weeks behind that, so the high numbers now probably refelects the worst of the second spike?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    If infections is on a 2-3 week lag then deaths is probably a couple of weeks behind that, so the high numbers now probably refelects the worst of the second spike?
    Agreed, it's certainly conceivable that many of those deaths were people who caught the virus pre firebreak.

Just under 600 new cases in Wales today with more than two thirds of them in Blaenau Gwent and only 37 in Cardiff. It was a low number of tests compared to normal though, but is that because there weren't as many people requiring them?

https://public.tableau.com/profile/p...eadlinesummary

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Good luck with that.

If the talk about following the bufoon and his crew is correct then we will be in teir 3 soon.

The vast majority of pubs could be closed until Spring.

Some great positive news is so welcome with stuff like procurement and finding of vaccine , care home instant testing for Xmas , the trial in Liverpool , footy fans back in some grounds albeit 4k max , Xmas UK wide approach to Covid an family get togethers .

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    If the talk about following the bufoon and his crew is correct then we will be in teir 3 soon.

The vast majority of pubs could be closed until Spring.
    If Wales is to have a tier system as in England doesn't the fact that you think Wales will soon be in tier 3 suggest that, despite the measures taken, Wales is amongst the worst infected areas?

It also suggests that Wales have been no more successful than England in managing the pandemic.

Allowing a limited number of people back into football grounds, opening pubs and restaurants for food in England under the tier system etc is asking for trouble as it is inevitable the number of cases and deaths will rise dramatically by the end of January. Isn't the relaxation of the rules in Wales after the arguably too short firebreak the reason why the cases in Wales are high and a reason why under the tier system they will continue to rise.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Some great positive news is so welcome with stuff like procurement and finding of vaccine , care home instant testing for Xmas , the trial in Liverpool , footy fans back in some grounds albeit 4k max , Xmas UK wide approach to Covid an family get togethers .
    I agree the vaccine is great news.

I'm not delirious about a UK wide approach to Covid, football fans in the grounds nor the family get togethers without anyone having the vaccine.

In fact anything that blonde bouffanted clit advocates I'd suggest giving it a massive swerve.

Seems like they are saying we will all probably have to suffer in January and more people will die etc, just to sit around a table and get drunk for a day or two...madness. We’ve all waited this long, what’s a few more months?

Seems like they are saying we will all probably have to suffer in January and more people will die etc, just to sit around a table and get drunk for a day or two...madness. We’ve all waited this long, what’s a few more months?
    As Mark Drakeford said yesterday, people will celebrate anyhow and better to give a set of rules. No doubt the 4 nation discussions would have considered the impact on spread of virus and death rates, and concluded that it was a trade off. Some trade off!!

But it's not just Christmas, there's Boxing Day sales followed by New Year celebrations. This period could push Covid into orbit.

Ridiculous isn’t it.

I bet NHS staff can’t wait for New Year.

Our politicians can then wear a NHS pin badge, give them a clap and eulogise about what a great job they do when hospital porters are taking bodies down the mortuary and doctors are deciding who has a ventilator.

Unless someone has a terminally ill relative or close friend who they know is not going to be around for Christmas 2021, I don't get this clamour to "save our Christmas". How many Christmases does the average person experience in their lifetime? More than enough to cope with having to do without one for one year out of their lives I'd say and, of course, even if there were pretty strict lockdown regulations in place, it would hardly be as if Christmas was cancelled would it?

If it was my decision to make, I would say that anyone who the medical profession felt was not going to survive another year could have a "normal" Christmas where they get to see their family and close friends, but everyone else would have to abide by the rules that are going to be in place for much of December - hopefully, Easter 2021 can be an alternative Christmas for one year only.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Ridiculous isn’t it.
    They're following the science, like they've been doing all along.

Honest.