+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

International

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Can you book one of the tests to see if you've had it as well?

Five weeks ago, I noticed that my sense of smell was weaker and that a lot of the food I ate had I slight tang to it. I thought of booking a test, but was influenced by a radio interview I heard saying that it was only a complete loss of those senses which was a possible symptom of Covid and by the time I realised this was wrong, it was well past the five days from when symptoms first develop period they talk about for the test to be effective.

I've read the NHS guidance which says that people who live by themselves who self isolate can come out of it if the only symptoms they're still showing is a loss of smell/taste and/or a cough (apparently these symptoms can linger for weeks after the virus). I've always got a cough and my sense of smell has, if anything, got worse over the past five weeks (my sense of taste is better than it was, but still not quite right), but my GP told me that if it was COVID that affected my senses I must have had a very mild dose of it and it's more likely it's something else which can be investigated when things get back to something like normal - she told me not to be concerned about affecting other people with Covid or that I may still develop serious symptoms, if that was going to happen it would have done so weeks ago.

So, although there's no point being tested to see if I have it now, it might be worth finding out if I have had it in the past.
    The anti-body tests aren't readily available yet.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    There's a hell of a lot of incorrect "APPOINTMENT ONLY" signs at the Leckwith one. If they took them down they might actually test someone mind
    Well, I went to Rodney Parade for a test, after being told I can just drive up, and was sent away with a phone number to call to make an appointment. So, yet again, xsnaggle comes up trumps.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Well, I went to Rodney Parade for a test, after being told I can just drive up, and was sent away with a phone number to call to make an appointment. So, yet again, xsnaggle comes up trumps.
    I’ve been waiting for this all day

The wife got tested today in Tonyrefail, same script as I undertook recently. My observations were they weren’t exactly inundated but I’m wondering if these ‘drop in’ covid19 tests were a ‘one off’ or perhaps the ‘clap clinic’?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I’ve been waiting for this all day

The wife got tested today in Tonyrefail, same script as I undertook recently. My observations were they weren’t exactly inundated but I’m wondering if these ‘drop in’ covid19 tests were a ‘one off’ or perhaps the ‘clap clinic’?
    The thing is, I posted a link to the Welsh Government site yesterday and xSnaggle said he didn't give a toss what the official site said. He knew better. And, despite his record of getting things wrong in practically everything he spouts, a few people still seemed to take his assertion over the Welsh Government site.

xsnaggle, I have the day off on Friday - I can pop down to Cwm where there is a new site and check there if you want me to.

International

The thing is, I posted a link to the Welsh Government site yesterday and xSnaggle said he didn't give a toss what the official site said. He knew better. And, despite his record of getting things wrong in practically everything he spouts, a few people still seemed to take his assertion over the Welsh Government site.

xsnaggle, I have the day off on Friday - I can pop down to Cwm where there is a new site and check there if you want me to.
    I was anticipating this, Murphy's Law!
    This is not a wind-up!
    I spoke to the guys in Cwm today and in Abercynon. They confirmed you can drive up and get a test. I'm quite serious, if you need one then you should have one, I'm not taking the piss.
    If they refuse you ask the guy his name and tell me please!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I spoke to the guys in Cwm today. They confirmed you can drive up and get a test. I'm quite serious, if you need one then you should have one, I'm not taking the piss.
    If they refuse you ask the guy his name and tell me please!
    I don't particularly need one - I don't live far from Rodney Parade so it was no bother for me to pop across in my lunch break.

The point is you are giving information that currently contradicts the Government site. If you are right, then there's little wonder that there is loads of confusion around because the Welsh Government are giving misleading information.

But, currently, I have to say that what I was told at Rodney Parade matches the Welsh Government site and so you are wrong in what you are saying as far as Newport goes. I'm not speaking for other sites, others have mentioned how it is in Cardiff, I have seen how it is in Newport.

When I booked a test for my wife at Abercynon I asked could I have one and was told no as I had no symptoms.

International

I don't particularly need one - I don't live far from Rodney Parade so it was no bother for me to pop across in my lunch break.

The point is you are giving information that currently contradicts the Government site. If you are right, then there's little wonder that there is loads of confusion around because the Welsh Government are giving misleading information.

But, currently, I have to say that what I was told at Rodney Parade matches the Welsh Government site and so you are wrong in what you are saying as far as Newport goes. I'm not speaking for other sites, others have mentioned how it is in Cardiff, I have seen how it is in Newport.
    I'm only telling you what the operatives at the centres are telling me. not one centre or one man but several people at several centres. I'll ask again tomorrow and find out what is going on. I was like you and believed you had to have an appointment and I was told that is no longer so.
    I will check.

International

I do not mean to misinform anyone, it may be too important, its not point scoring.
    It is what I have actually been told by the people operating the sites .They say you can drive up register and have a test taken.

As I said, I'll ask again tomorrow and find out what is going on

xsnaggle if you deal with these centres then you are terrible at your job

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    When I booked a test for my wife at Abercynon I asked could I have one and was told no as I had no symptoms.
    That also seems to be in line with the Government website that I posted yesterday, but in complete contradiction to what xsnaggle has been told, and is now passing on as information.

I'm not saying he is being deliberately misleading, but I think I'll take what he is saying with a pinch of salt based on the overwhelming evidence that people can't simply drive up. I think I'll continue to take the advice of the official Government websites rather than ccmb, I know this sounds daft, crazy even.

Tests are in high demand at the moment, so it would make sense to have some sort of control over them. It also wouldn't make much sense to have potentially tens or hundreds of people descending on a site on a whim when the site is likely to actually have covid-19 cases being tested at the same time.

xsnaggle if you deal with these centres then you are terrible at your job
    When I had the test there was a lot of emphasis on pre-identification to ensure that the correct individual was identified on arrival and to protect the people at the centres from both the delay of recording identities so that results could be returned and e-mail addresses authenticated and the interaction with the people concerned to get those details.

It would be surprising if someone could rack up and do this from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    The anti-body tests aren't readily available yet.

Hopefully some good news regarding treatment.

I’ve been watching Dr Campbell’s videos since around February.
    They are very informative and kind of fascinating While explained in laymen’s terms.

This video shows some very promising news on a treatment.

https://youtu.be/wqDd7ixh184

And all this in the Australian state of Victoria where the virus is making a comeback!

https://twitter.com/sexenheimer/stat...world-53534638

UK said was your hands back in the 70's

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post

UK said was your hands back in the 70's

My hands WAS back in the 70's, with me on the end of them

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    And all this in the Australian state of Victoria where the virus is making a comeback!

https://twitter.com/sexenheimer/stat...world-53534638

I wonder how that friendly "I know my human rights" lady is getting on?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-53589817

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I wonder how that friendly "I know my human rights" lady is getting on?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-53589817
    Is that the 'I'm a living woman' anti-masker?

Still making outraged films of supermarket workers trying to cope with her idiocy I assume.

Anyone showing symptoms has to self isolate for a minimum of ten days from bow on.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53588709

Also, plenty of talk about "second waves" in recent days, but I'm a bit confused as to when the first one is supposed to have ended?

Anyone showing symptoms has to self isolate for a minimum of ten days from BOW on.

Also, plenty of talk about "second waves" in recent days, but I'm a bit confused as to when the first one is supposed to have ended?

How many Bow's am I allowed ?

Anyone showing symptoms has to self isolate for a minimum of ten days from bow on.

More media bollocks scaremongering again. People who have been isolating since mid March were being told they might not have to after August 15th....how does that work?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    More media bollocks scaremongering again. People who have been isolating since mid March were being told they might not have to after August 15th....how does that work?
    How is that media scaremongering? They're just reporting the new government rules

How is that media scaremongering? They're just reporting the new government rules
    It's like a reflex action with some people isn't it. They act as if there is some sort of handbook on how Covid is dealt with when, in fact, we're all in uncharted territory and learning as we go along.