+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 350 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

I know Chinese people who live elsewhere in Asia that are now itching to return because China is a lot safer now.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Yes they get temperature checks every day I think. It definitely seems to have really calmed down over there now. The chinese lads in our London office really want to go back but aren't allowed.
    When I'm out and about now, it's ME that's starting to get 'static' off some of the locals.
    What a topsy-turvy world we live in right now, eh!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    When I'm out and about now, it's ME that's starting to get 'static' off some of the locals.
    What a topsy-turvy world we live in right now, eh!
    Yes a few of them over here were getting grief for months when they are out and about. I fear you'll be getting the same looks in public now!

It used to be that you coughed to cover up a fart, I've started farting to cover up a cough!

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    If I was older I wouldn't be much concerned as I haven't any health conditions.
    Thats nice for you.
    From this I would also assume that you have a nice fat pension pot building too so no money worries either.
    Great stuff

I was going sign off with a "stay safe" but it sounds like you don't really need to hear that.

I haven't a pension pot, fat or otherwise. Had I I'd be much more concerned about the prospect of Weimar-like hyperinflation reducing its purchasing power to sweet FA than I am about the cash I hold becoming worthless.

I haven't a pension pot, fat or otherwise. Had I I'd be much more concerned about the prospect of Weimar-like hyperinflation reducing its purchasing power to sweet FA than I am about the cash I hold becoming worthless.
    Job's comforter.
    Have you ever thought of doing motivational speaking?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Have you ever thought of doing motivational speaking?
    Nobody cares what I think... I'm a mong... a right drip... someone who knows f all... but nevertheless, for what it's worth, which is naturally zip, to my minuscule brain the Yanks, Europeans (via ECB boss Christine Lagarde), and the British Chancellor's statements of intent this week will destroy their currencies, by design, to bring forth a new financial system that will be digital only money.

The mortality rate is the important bit. 4% is massive, much higher than Spanish Flu. Unlike that one though, which targeted those 20-45 the most (I.e. the productive) then this one is of less concern.
    4% assumes the other 96% represents the total of Coronavirus cases. It's probably closer to 1 - 1.5%.

Nobody cares what I think... I'm a mong... a right drip... someone who knows f all... but nevertheless, for what it's worth, which is naturally zip, to my minuscule brain the Yanks, Europeans (via ECB boss Christine Lagarde), and the British Chancellor's statements of intent this week will destroy their currencies, by design, to bring forth a new financial system that will be digital only money.
    It took me 5 phone calls to get a tax refund that HMRC had confirmed was due to me. I really doubt any Western govt. will be delivering on these promises - even if it was their intention to do so in the 1st place. There's no mechanism. system, processes in place. By the time they've set everything up, we'll be coming out the other side of this..

1% of suffers dying is still quite bad no? 1 person of every hundred who gets it dies.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    4% assumes the other 96% represents the total of Coronavirus cases. It's probably closer to 1 - 1.5%.
    Or 0% on your calculations earlier in the thread

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Wow we’ve got a Chinese statistics expert here now too!

Banned

Think you said the same in the banking collapse.

Banned

1% of suffers dying is still quite bad no? 1 person of every hundred who gets it dies.
    At the moment practically 1 person is dying a minute worldwide. And we're still in the early phases.

Banned

The German currency collapsed because it was the only currency affected. How do you envisage that the three main currencies will collapse at the same time? Does £1 suddenly equal $0.5, which suddenly equals 0.25 Euros which suddenly equals 5 pence?

The currencies didn't collapse in 2008 because every one of the major nations had to make the same choices. Zimbabwe's currency collapsed because it was the only country acting like a dick.

More than 245,000 coronavirus cases have been confirmed across the globe. The World Health Organization noted that it took more than three months to reach 100,000 cases worldwide —but only 12 days to log the next 100,000.
    Nothing to worry about as long as you don't understand exponential growth

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    But these measures are the only thing that have worked in China and Italy.

I think we all just need to admit that we dont know everything about everything and it’s ok for speculation we’ve made on a messageboard not to be right all the time

Not exactly working in Italy at the moment, but that's because the public are flouting the advice. Here's a warning for us - do we comply like the Chinese have, or do we say "as long as I am alright, stuff it" like the Italians.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Not exactly working in Italy at the moment, but that's because the public are flouting the advice. Here's a warning for us - do we comply like the Chinese have, or do we say "as long as I am alright, stuff it" like the Italians.
    Yes they were still all going to restaurants and bars well into the lock down, I think the UK will be more like Italy because a lot of people don't seem to think it's an issue.

Yes a few of them over here were getting grief for months when they are out and about. I fear you'll be getting the same looks in public now!

It used to be that you coughed to cover up a fart, I've started farting to cover up a cough!

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...pital-11960597

Anyone thinking it isn't serious should read that.

And for the record, it is NOT like flu, it is more often than not chronic pneumonia and it is killing hundreds here each day.

The head of emergency care, Dr Roberto Cosentini, says they have never seen anything like it, and he and his staff are warning other countries, especially the UK, that they will see it soon.

"It's a very severe pneumonia, and so it's a massive strain for every health system, because we see every day 50 to 60 patients who come to our emergency department with pneumonia, and most of them are so severe they need very high volumes of oxygen.

Received a message from a friend of mine, who is a nurse. She told me that my local hospital, just a few hundred yards away, is in the process of increasing ITU beds from 7 to 40 and the hospital is drafting in nursing staff and doctors with ITU experience, her included (which she is terrified about).

Maybe the link is already in this fred somewhere, but an decent overview.
    https://covid19info.live

From 100,000 to 250,000 confirmed cases in 10 days.

If we listen to our resident statistician's calculations that must mean there are over 1,000,00 cases already!

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    My dad’s funeral tomorrow. We have had to cancel the wake in the local pub. I never thought it would come to this. This has been a dreadful year and it’s still only March.
    Sorry for your loss. RIP

Well it's a judgement but based on that my colleagues usually work 6 days a week 9am to 9pm and for over 2 months they were at home barely working and now they're back. I just don't think they would have stopped work like that for so long for nothing and then starting again without being sure the situation was better.

I don't believe the official numbers they put out at all though.
    Difference between their situation and the overall situation in China though.