+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Just a quick update from me. First symptoms on Sept 16th, minor sore throat. 9 people caught Covid in the same meeting despite us using all of the benchmark measures. At no point have I had an elevated temperature, cough or loss of taste. For a week of so I had muscle fatigue, chronic gastric issues, diarrhea, ate nothing and drank gallons of water. That was followed by a week or so struggling to breath, dizziness & loss of co-ordination. Slowly over the last week things have got back to normal but with the occasional day where the breathing issues return. it's now just shy of 4 weeks and nearly sorted. One major continued showstopper is smoke, perfume or deodorant, which flattens me immediately! I've also lost nearly 2 stone in the last month.

I think I've got away relatively lightly. Be warned about the "symptoms", as in my case, I had "none" of the tell tale symptoms.
    That sounds like no fun at all, glad you're on the mend

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Just a quick update from me. First symptoms on Sept 16th, minor sore throat. 9 people caught Covid in the same meeting despite us using all of the benchmark measures. At no point have I had an elevated temperature, cough or loss of taste. For a week of so I had muscle fatigue, chronic gastric issues, diarrhea, ate nothing and drank gallons of water. That was followed by a week or so struggling to breath, dizziness & loss of co-ordination. Slowly over the last week things have got back to normal but with the occasional day where the breathing issues return. it's now just shy of 4 weeks and nearly sorted. One major continued showstopper is smoke, perfume or deodorant, which flattens me immediately! I've also lost nearly 2 stone in the last month.

I think I've got away relatively lightly. Be warned about the "symptoms", as in my case, I had "none" of the tell tale symptoms.
    Good to read Des although that sounds like you didn't "get away relatively lightly".

Second lockdown considered for Wales

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54505436

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Second lockdown considered for Wales

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54505436
    Reading that, Wales isn't doing too badly compared to the rest of the Uk - further confirmation of that here;-

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...navirus-uk-map

I have to say I feel a lot safer living in Wales and believe we are being far better protected than those poor people in England. More power to their elbow I say.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Reading that, Wales isn't doing too badly compared to the rest of the Uk - further confirmation of that here;-

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...navirus-uk-map
    we have about 3.5 % of the cases currently, and about 5% of the population, so we're doing a bit better than other parts of the UK, but then the UK as a whole has handled this about as badly as anyone.

What is encouraging is there may be signs the second spike is more under control in wales

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    we have about 3.5 % of the cases currently, and about 5% of the population, so we're doing a bit better than other parts of the UK, but then the UK as a whole has handled this about as badly as anyone.

What is encouraging is there may be signs the second spike is more under control in wales
    Wales has 4.5% of the cases in England as opposed to around 4.5% of the population of England so the difference between England and Wales is marginal to say the least and the earlier claim that Wales is doing so much better than England and the Welsh are far better protected than the English is a bit of a stretch to say the least especially as the south of the UK is not so badly affected and the population of the Northerly part of Wales is far sparser than the areas most affected across the border.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Wales has 4.5% of the cases in England as opposed to around 5% of the population so the difference between England and Wales is marginal to say the least and the earlier claim that Wales is doing so much better than England and the Welsh are far better protected than the English is a bit of a stretch to say the least especially as the south of the UK is not so badly affected and the population of the Northerly part of Wales is far sparser than the areas most affected across the border.
    Because I live in the county, I was well aware that RCT had the highest proportion of cases per 100,000 in the U.K. for long stretches of the spring/early summer and, if memory serves me correct, there were times when seven out of the worst ten counties were Welsh. The BBC link posted by delmbox states that the current worst Welsh county, Merthyr, is rated fifty fifth - that to me is a good thing and I don't get why you seem reluctant to acknowledge it.

Because I live in the county, I was well aware that RCT had the highest proportion of cases per 100,000 in the U.K. for long stretches of the spring/early summer and, if memory serves me correct, there were times when seven out of the worst ten counties were Welsh. The BBC link posted by delmbox states that the current worst Welsh county, Merthyr, is rated fifty fifth - that to me is a good thing and I don't get why you seem reluctant to acknowledge it.
    I wasn't referring to your comment or the figures in your area. I was referring to the post I quoted and to the claim by an earlier poster who considers Wales is much safer and is doing so much better than England when the figures suggest there is very little difference, if any, between the two. In my area for example the figures are probably half of those in RCT but I wouldn't be so bold as to draw any comparisons between the two and certainly not say Devon is doing so much better than Wales on the basis of the quoted figures. However I stress I was not referring to any comment made by you. I hope that clears things up.

Is probably worth noting that in this "second spike" in wales, Cardiff itself had been relatively unaffacted. However it has a high number of new cases today and a high incidence of positive tests (13%) so hopefully it doesn't start to spread in the city.
    I guess it could be students as there are a high number of those in the city

International

Is probably worth noting that in this "second spike" in wales, Cardiff itself had been relatively unaffacted. However it has a high number of new cases today and a high incidence of positive tests (13%) so hopefully it doesn't start to spread in the city.
    I wonder how many positive tests are within the student population?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    There are also new test centres in Aberdare and Treorchy. I know loads of people diagnosed recently. My wifes in isolation for an outbreak at her work. Number of cases in the CH her mothers in as well.

Its a nightmare at the moment and Spring is a long way off.
    The centres you mention are mobile units from Abercynon, but the 1000/day I quoted was at the actual centre and did not include those mobile units. They also send one to Builth Wells. On saturday it was there all day and did a total of 7 tests. It's madness.

Anyone know what happened to this announcement by Health Minister, Vaughan Gething back in July

"""New £5m health lab in Newport to process coronavirus tests

Newport is the site of a new 'Lighthouse Lab', a super lab at the frontline of the UK's testing strategy

A new 'Lighthouse Lab' has been announced for Newport as part of a UK-wide expansion in coronavirus testing.

It will be the fifth Lighthouse Lab in the UK - others have been functioning in select sites across the UK since as early as April,*set up*to process the tests people are sent to do in their own home.""

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Anyone know what happened to this announcement by Health Minister, Vaughan Gething back in July

Newport is the site of a new 'Lighthouse Lab', a super lab at the frontline of the UK's testing strategy

A new 'Lighthouse Lab' has been announced for Newport as part of a UK-wide expansion in coronavirus testing.

It will be the fifth Lighthouse Lab in the UK - others have been functioning in select sites across the UK since as early as April,*set up*to process the tests people are sent to do in their own home.""
    This one? https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/h...covid-19069889

A lot of my industry use it, it's very efficient

The problem with students is most wont have any symptoms at all so won’t even consider a test. Maybe the University’s should set up there own test centres, I’m sure I read they had? With 40000 of them in the city we will need something a bit different to keep numbers down.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-54510235

I’m liking the cut of Drakeford’s jib regarding this.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    The problem with students is most wont have any symptoms at all so won’t even consider a test. Maybe the University’s should set up there own test centres, I’m sure I read they had? With 40000 of them in the city we will need something a bit different to keep numbers down.
    Cardiff Uni have. They're offering voluntary testing for many of their students.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-54510235

I’m liking the cut of Drakeford’s jib regarding this.
    We will have to build a wall.

Hang on! Haven't I heard that somewhere before.......

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    We will have to build a wall.

Hang on! Haven't I heard that somewhere before.......

Why not build a dyke, and get the Mexicans to pay for it?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Why not build a dyke, and get the Mexicans to pay for it?
    That's an Offa they can't refuse.

International

It started accepting tests for analysis today!