+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

International

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'm not sure about anyone else, but I'd prefer they wait and see the impact on the number of cases, rather than going on what Xsnaggle off of CCMB thinks will happen.
    There is a surprise. It is just what I think, as stated, it isn't a government view,
    Although there was something yesterday that did say numbers in school were driven by the external virus level and were not a net contributor to external levels. In other words, schools and the children in them are more sinned against than sinning.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56072460

International

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    That is until its revealed that xsnaggle is actually Mark Drakeford
    Don't tell everyone FFS!

International

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    He can't reply at the moment, as he's busy driving around South Wales, reporting lockdown breakers
    I am I am. And I'm doing it again today.
    But then I have 4 days off so rave while you have the chance!!

You have been warned!! I AM the law!

I have been wondering what effect all the social distancing/mask wearing/hand sanitiser using, has had on the number of cases of flu. It turns out that it has indeed been dramatic:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...rates-19737474

Cases down 95%!

Join Will Hayward, Acting Political Editor for Media Wales, and hear about Will's perspective on how Covid-19 has awoken Wales' devolved consciousness. If you haven't registered already, you can do so here: buff.ly/3r0HTLh

https://twitter.com/CbsExec/status/1361586158610841601
    Don't know how many are still checking this thread but, seeing as you're reading this post, you might be the sort of person interested in this talk from main Walesonline journalist following covid in Wales. Thursday 25th of Feb, 8.30-9:30am, free registration.

In terms of vaccines, 19,342 adults in Wales (0.77%) have now been fully vaccinated - up 49% on yesterday.
    (https://twitter.com/GillibrandPeter)

Absolutely criminal how this has become an acceptable thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Absolutely criminal how this has become an acceptable thing to do.
    Surprised that Starmer and the national media dont pick up on this

International

Honest question. do you spend you day surfing to find these things or d oyou have a person or organisation that sends them to you/ It is outrageous, i just wonder why it so often seesm to be you that finds them.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Honest question. do you spend you day surfing to find these things or d oyou have a person or organisation that sends them to you/ It is outrageous, i just wonder why it so often seesm to be you that finds them.
    how do you know about the organisation?

International

how do you know about the organisation?
    What organisation? I was asking you.

By the way, I meant its the information that is outrageous, not the fact that you post them.

What organisation? I was asking you.

By the way, I meant its the information that is outrageous, not the fact that you post them.

someone or other I follow on twitter presumably retweeted it. there is definitely no shadowy organisation

On listening to Kim jong Drakeford just now, 3 more weeks staying home hopefully, maybe able to travel by Easter. I get that he’s being cautious etc and he’s on about not doing things wrong possibly like last July, but surely the fact that a third of adults/ those most vulnerable have been vaccinated makes a huge difference compared to last July when no one had? No doubt in another 6 weeks a fair few more would have been jabbed too? Looking at the data coming in from Israel where infection rates have plummeted with the vaccination, surely we can all hope for some good times ahead....

International

someone or other I follow on twitter presumably retweeted it. there is definitely no shadowy organisation
    I never ever suggested there was a shadowy anything, spreading the info is perfectly legitimate. My reference to an organisation was just that you seem to be the poster who gets these first and I wondered if you got them from a political group or something.
    clearly it is not the labour party or others on here would also get them and post them, quite rightly.
    I was just asking.

PS. I like the way you said 'the' organisation before you dismissed any such thing existed.

65+ just contacted for drive-in jab next Weds at CCS. Might wear my football shirt.

Johnson just cannot stop trying to run before he can walk it seems and why do his grand schemes always have to be given childish names?

https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...ols-in-england

Meanwhile, this under reported story would have, almost certainly, led to a ministerial resignation once, now hardly anyone seems bothered by it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56125462

Johnson is wielding too much power so he thinks he can do what he likes, either that or Hancock and Patel have something on him.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    On listening to Kim jong Drakeford just now, 3 more weeks staying home hopefully, maybe able to travel by Easter. I get that he’s being cautious etc and he’s on about not doing things wrong possibly like last July, but surely the fact that a third of adults/ those most vulnerable have been vaccinated makes a huge difference compared to last July when no one had? No doubt in another 6 weeks a fair few more would have been jabbed too? Looking at the data coming in from Israel where infection rates have plummeted with the vaccination, surely we can all hope for some good times ahead....
    I listened to our first minister yesterday and he said there were more than 1800 patients in hospitals in Wales with Covid. Yet the figure the Wales Gov feed into the UK data says there were 1165.( as of 18th Feb). Seems a large difference.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    I listened to our first minister yesterday and he said there were more than 1800 patients in hospitals in Wales with Covid. Yet the figure the Wales Gov feed into the UK data says there were 1165.( as of 18th Feb). Seems a large difference.
    Are you saying Mark Drakeford is lying?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Never. Perhaps he was counting the people in out-patients and A and E.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    He does make the odd mistake, I quite like that about him, he said he hoped all primary kids could be back by the 15th Feb, he clearly meant March but it can’t be too easy standing there relaying all this info....

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Johnson just cannot stop trying to run before he can walk it seems and why do his grand schemes always have to be given childish names?

Meanwhile, this under reported story would have, almost certainly, led to a ministerial resignation once, now hardly anyone seems bothered by it.

Why do you say it was under reported?

And the governemtn has said Whitty was no against the plan, and he has not publicly said he is, the reported disquiet is third hand. I'd ait to see what he says himself.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Im not surprised by the Guardian comments. The only thing that's consistent with that newspaper since it originated as the Manchester Guardian is that it reviles the Tories

Why do you say it was under reported?

And the governemtn has said Whitty was no against the plan, and he has not publicly said he is, the reported disquiet is third hand. I'd ait to see what he says himself.
    Because it was under reported and is that really the only thing you find worthy of comment in that story about a Minister breaking the law? It’s touchingly naive of you to think that, with the job he’s got, Whitty would come out and make his disagreement with a Government formed by any party public.