+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    I notice that Sturgeon has already stuck Scotland into a full lockdown this lunchtime and closed the schools also until February.
    Whatever happens in Boris's speech this evening it dosn't really affect us i guess as we're already in one.
    Aside from closing the schools nationwide i'm not really sure what further restrictions can be implemented?
    Moving universities online

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Amazed to see reports over the weekend that the Chinese government are still denying the virus started in China (wuhan).....let’s hope one day the truth comes out whatever it is
    I thought they had denied the conspiracy theory that it originated from a laboratory in Wuhan, not that the virus originated in Wuhan.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I thought they had denied the conspiracy theory that it originated from a laboratory in Wuhan, not that the virus originated in Wuhan.
    No, apparently it started all over the place, how, only god knows hey

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Most are already....

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    Cases have been rising at an alarming rate for months.

As for the vaccine. What we know. Both vaccines produce a certain level of immunity when the second dose is administered 21 days after the first.

What we don't know. The level of immunity if the first dose is administered 84 days after the first.

The Government has decided to go with the thing we don't know, rather than the thing we do know.
    I’m sure they know how most vaccines operate though, as they’ve been about quite some time

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    The cynic in me (that's a big part) thinks the gap extension between doses is purely a government attempt to reduce the R rate. Someone somewhere has done a few calculations that shows having twice as many people with ~54% immunity is more effective in reducing the R rate than half of them having ~94%.
    I think the aim, and it is a perfectly reasonable one, is to stop people getting really ill and in dosing as many people as possible they will help relieve pressure on hospitals.

My concern is that this has no data during trials, and so we may find countries (just UK at present) advocating a longer schedule have a lower efficacy than other countries. This could potentially mean us having to revaccinate much earlier than necessary. Potentially of course, it is also potentially possible that this turns out to work fine.

Yet again hes late in taking action. Hancock was pathetic on TV this morning.

I wonder if football will stop soon?

The British Boxing Board have taken action and events suspended for a month.

Time for football to take action as well.?

Drakeford was slagged off not long ago , looks like his lockdown was right and 2xweeks before everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    I think the aim, and it is a perfectly reasonable one, is to stop people getting really ill and in dosing as many people as possible they will help relieve pressure on hospitals.

My concern is that this has no data during trials, and so we may find countries (just UK at present) advocating a longer schedule have a lower efficacy than other countries. This could potentially mean us having to revaccinate much earlier than necessary. Potentially of course, it is also potentially possible that this turns out to work fine.
    There is evidence that the Oxford vaccine will do OK with up to a 12 week window between jabs. Also evidence is that after 1 dose even those who got Covid didn't need hospitalisation.

The Pfizer vaccine is different in that there is no evidence how or if a 12 week gap between jabs will work. No one knows how long immunity lasts after one jab because in trials a second dose was given after 3 weeks.

If Pfizer turned up at the MHRA with their trial data and asked if it could be approved to give a second dose after 12 weeks, they would be shown the door and told to come back when they have some evidence of effectiveness

Most are already....
    Not fully.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Looking at the test results of many universities before Christmas, pointless as hardly any turned up positive covid. So why punish them even more?

Nightingale Hospitals.

Thought I'd just 'say' it, because no-one's bothered to on the mainstream media

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Nightingale Hospitals.

Thought I'd just 'say' it, because no-one's bothered to on the mainstream media
    Hancock was questioned on them this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Hancock was questioned on them this morning.
    Missed that

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Missed that
    Dont worry you didnt miss much his answer was a load of gibberish waffling.

IMG_20210104_203554.jpg

saw this in the FT and thought it was interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    IMG_20210104_203554.jpg

saw this in the FT and thought it was interesting
    I have absolutely no idea what that is saying. Nada. Although I expect it is interesting. If i understood it. But I don't.

Schools were perfectly safe to go to on the first day of the new term but so unsafe they are closed for the second day and for the foreseeable.What a shambles.

Margaret Ferrier has been arrested and charged by police for her widely reported Covid rules breaches that led to the SNP suspending her - almost 14 weeks after she did the deed!

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...id-rule-breach

That is incredibly slow - and given how high profile the incidents were it doesn't do much for clear messages and deterrence!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I have absolutely no idea what that is saying. Nada. Although I expect it is interesting. If i understood it. But I don't.
    I *think* it's comparing how strict selected countries coronavirus responses have been by date

It’s going to take forever to vaccinate everyone from what I can gather....all year probably

It’s going to take forever to vaccinate everyone from what I can gather....all year probably
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Channel4N...76337514532864

I hope to **** they’re being pessimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post

Well to start with not every adult will want the vaccine and don't we need only 70% uptake for herd immunity? Also with even half the population is vaccined it'll be unrecognizable as a way of life to what we're living now

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post

From what I gather Oxford vaccine is committed to overseas countries too so 50 million won’t go far, they can only produce 2 million a week too.....

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Well to start with not every adult will want the vaccine and don't we need only 70% uptake for herd immunity? Also with even half the population is vaccined it'll be unrecognizable as a way of life to what we're living now
    They only really need to vaccinate those at risk of hospitalisation to lift restrictions don't they?