+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Sounds to me like the testing is working, there was an outbreak at the school you were all isolating and developed potential symptoms so isolating was the right thing to do until a test confirms it.

It’s not going to stop everyone getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    The Secret Diary Of Dave Gunman, Age 56 & 3/4
    Cheeky swine - it's 53 & 3/4.

In my experience, Splott's been pretty much the same as always throughout the pandemic. Grim.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    this testing thing isnt working

a outbreak in my daughters school, my wife has had a bit of a cold for a few days ( no C19 symptoms ) Thursday i had a bit of a cough, nothing over the top ( a cold normally shows as a cough with me )

we had started our lockdown here, so i wasnt going out anyway

Friday we are told one of my oldest daughters friends mum has tested positive, the son was off school

My wife still had her cold and our the oldest daughter had a bit of a cold, i still had a slight cough and a very strong metallic taste in my mouth all the time

Saturday morning we have a cooked breakfast and my wife said she cannot taste anything, so i get online a book tests for the 3 of us, we were throwing the completed tests in the " collection bin " at 12.10 , we were told we should get the results tomorrow morning ( sunday )

Well its Tuesday night and still no results
    Mate of mine waited 6 days for a result here in Cardiff 2/3 weeks ago

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Update from the front: it was much quieter in the city centre today when I went in at lunchtime. Busier than before the firebreak lockdown and there were small queues outside some of the shops, but it was a good deal less hectic than Monday.
    How long did you queue to get into Primark?

International

Just acouple of things I heard onb the radio today whilst driving around.

This virus has to be kept at low temperatures of about -80 for storage but is stable for up to 48 hours after being taken out of that and mixed with another liquid for vaccination and then stored in a fridge. Such as in a pharmacy or doctors surgery.
    A GP leader said when interviewed that the plans to deliver vaccine had been on going 'for some time' and they didn't envisage any serious problems when the time came.
    The rapid tests being done in Liverpool are apparently to try to find those who are asymmetric, but someone from NHS said anyone testing positive from a quick test will then be sent to a test centre for another confirmatory test like people are having now.

As a comment on where PHW is ready or not, I was at the NHS Distribution centre near Newport yesterday sand the Virus lab personnel were out loading large polystyrene boxes about 600x600x600 in which were deep cold containers for vaccine. It belies the comment that nothing was being done.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post

This virus has to be kept at low temperatures of about -80 for storage but is stable for up to 48 hours after being taken out of that and mixed with another liquid for vaccination and then stored in a fridge. Such as in a pharmacy or doctors surgery.
    A GP leader said when interviewed that the plans to deliver vaccine had been on going 'for some time' and they didn't envisage any serious problems when the time came.
    The rapid tests being done in Liverpool are apparently to try to find those who are asymmetric, but someone from NHS said anyone testing positive from a quick test will then be sent to a test centre for another confirmatory test like people are having now.

As a comment on where PHW is ready or not, I was at the NHS Distribution centre near Newport yesterday sand the Virus lab personnel were out loading large polystyrene boxes about 600x600x600 in which were deep cold containers for vaccine. It belies the comment that nothing was being done.
    At least the boxes were symmetric

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post

There are specific groups of people in the UK who will be getting this very soon and that no just the elderly ,its great news for a lot of worried folk who are working close to this virus on a daily basis .

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Sounds to me like the testing is working, there was an outbreak at the school you were all isolating and developed potential symptoms so isolating was the right thing to do until a test confirms it.

It’s not going to stop everyone getting it.
    The testing isnt really doing alot in our case, we are doing it all by isolating ( the test hasnt made any difference yet, and its been 4 days down the line )

my worry is that the " school's 6 form bubble " is still going about life as the school will not do anything before a positive test result, so a faster test result will mean the school can act faster and stop the spread, or am i over thinking that ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Mate of mine waited 6 days for a result here in Cardiff 2/3 weeks ago

6 days is just too much, in the case of schools they will not doing anything till a test result is known

The testing isnt really doing alot in our case, we are doing it all by isolating ( the test hasnt made any difference yet, and its been 4 days down the line )

my worry is that the " school's 6 form bubble " is still going about life as the school will not do anything before a positive test result, so a faster test result will mean the school can act faster and stop the spread, or am i over thinking that ? ?

6 days is just too much, in the case of schools they will not doing anything till a test result is known
    The sooner they get the 20 minute test everywhere, the better mate. The loss of taste thing makes me feel it will be positive but you never know. Alll the best.....

Has anyone set up a Primark-cam yet?

How long did you queue to get into Poundland?
    CFY

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    With these kind of things there are two elements.

The nature of the problem and how it is managed.

With the best will in the world when the urgency to release something that works is paramount, Sitel will have quality challenges and demands to reduce their system and user testing cycles to meet deadlines. In these circumstances any software developer, public or private, will produce code with bugs that don't get discovered until the system is deployed into live.

But what happens when the problem is discovered is a different story. The speed with which Sitel informed their clients, then Test and Trace management (whoever they are) told politicians and then how it was politically managed may be the issue that needs exploring

Bloody immigrants....coming over here with their Covid vaccines!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...n-end-pandemic

The sooner they get the 20 minute test everywhere, the better mate. The loss of taste thing makes me feel it will be positive but you never know. Alll the best.....
    Cheers mate

Yes all 3 positive, Im feeling a little rough at the mo, blinding headaches and struggling to control my body temp, either sweating like hell or freezing cold

told school and some from my daughter bubble have been sent home this afternoon, they have only been mixing for 4 days

Lets see how long T&T get in touch, if its like the test result wait time, I will be out and about and be able to tell the people myself, ive only got till after the weekend in isolation

Hope you all OK BM

Cheers mate

Yes all 3 positive, Im feeling a little rough at the mo, blinding headaches and struggling to control my body temp, either sweating like hell or freezing cold

told school and some from my daughter bubble have been sent home this afternoon, they have only been mixing for 4 days

Lets see how long T&T get in touch, if its like the test result wait time, I will be out and about and be able to tell the people myself, ive only got till after the weekend in isolation
    Hope you feeling better soon matt, all the best....

International

Cheers mate

But shirley, the 10/14 day self isolation is if someone else has symptoms. If you have them yourself then the isolation should last until you are cleared as better shouldn't it?

Alan Browne who represented Ireland against England the other night had been tested positive after the game but has tested negative ahead of there game against Wales the FA of Ireland have announced

Sounds a bit iffy

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    That's a big change, hopefully it is borne out over the next few days.

RCT down to 55 and Merthyr 19

Torfaen now the highest rate, followed by Bridgend

(why do we have so many areas in South Wales, I mean what is the point of Torfaen or Blainau Gwent?)
    Don't know if anyone's interested, but the trend suggested by the low figure did not really come to pass - it almost doubled the following day and was at 797 yesterday. In saying that, those figures are significantly down on what had become the norm over the previous fortnight, so it's still pretty good news and I would say it's still much too early to draw conclusions about how effective or otherwise the firebreak lockdown was.

All this talk of corona Christmas on the news, I’m absolutely buzzing at the fact we won’t be seeing the in laws for the first time in 10 years, no travelling, just me the wife and kids....if there was ever a silver lining this is surely it. Anyone else in the same heartbreaking predicament?

News of a "nearly 95 per cent" effective vaccine now;-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54902908

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    News of a "nearly 95 per cent" effective vaccine now;-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54902908
    that seems like more promising news, especially that it can be stored in a fridge for upto a month, far more realistic to be able to roll this out than the Pfizer one.
    I wonder if Pfizer realized that their offering would never be taken up without significant infrastructure in place to be able to deliver it at temperature, so they released their trial results first to try to get public pressure to make governments put that kind of infrastructure in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    that seems like more promising news, especially that it can be stored in a fridge for upto a month, far more realistic to be able to roll this out than the Pfizer one.
    I wonder if Pfizer realized that their offering would never be taken up without significant infrastructure in place to be able to deliver it at temperature, so they released their trial results first to try to get public pressure to make governments put that kind of infrastructure in place.
    You may be right, any Government which is perceived to be hesitating on a "working vaccine" on financial grounds could expect to see a pretty big dip in their ratings.

It's the fact that two vaccines of a similar type have produced virtually identical results up to now which is most encouraging in my book because you'd think any other company using the same approach would also get effectiveness percentages around the 90% mark.

Great news.