+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

I wonder if the Government let this variant in just to make more people take up the vaccine quicker, look at the queues yesterday for example…..we know the vaccine works still which is very fortunate

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I think this highlights the issue with politicians "following the science" rather than accurately anticipating what's going to happen next and acting accordingly, at least in situations where once the data is showing something happening it's already too late.
    Science means knowledge and science is used to project multiple scenarios in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Science means knowledge and science is used to project multiple scenarios in advance.
    In which case I feel there are several times where politicians have ignored "the science" and focused on the "follow" part of the phrase. Some things which could/should have been anticipated weren't - it's very unpopular to take action unless data to back you up, at times anticipatory moves were made (Portugal travel restrictions during Gamma Variant) and were criticised - and action only being taken after clear data had come to light even if that meant action only much after it was needed.

Too many inconsistencies to produce a catch-all statement but I feel "follow" has had emphasis during spread of Alpha and Delta Variant - though I accept that may be outcome bias as "follow" or "the science" may have been used throughout and those two are where it went wrong.

Thread showing how much of a fiasco PPE procurement turned out to be.

https://twitter.com/allthecitizens/s...340039681?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Haven’t you ever called someone you work with the same thing?

International

All the numbers are good, no deaths for 2 weeks, hospitals underwhelmed butbstill we are oppressed.
    It really is time it stopped.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52380643

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    All the numbers are good, no deaths for 2 weeks, hospitals underwhelmed butbstill we are oppressed.
    It really is time it stopped.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52380643
    No. They need to stop the Delta variant spreading.

International

No. They need to stop the Delta variant spreading.
    The original 'need' to lock down was to protect the NHS. Covid is now having a marginal impact on the NHS.

It is rising but it is less of a threat against people who have been vaccinated, and it is supressed by the vaccine from passing. If we work as you say we will be locked down for ever, as 1 variant after another comes along. Soon it will be winter and they'll be telling us the weather is to bad to open up.
    Covid is now the 31st highest cause of death in Wales. No deaths for 2 weeks.it is becoming stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    The original 'need' to lock down was to protect the NHS. Covid is now having a marginal impact on the NHS.

It is rising but it is less of a threat against people who have been vaccinated, and it is supressed by the vaccine from passing. If we work as you say we will be locked down for ever, as 1 variant after another comes along. Soon it will be winter and they'll be telling us the weather is to bad to open up.
    Covid is now the 31st highest cause of death in Wales. No deaths for 2 weeks.it is becoming stupid.
    Lets face it you just want to stand at the bar and have a pint.😂😂😂😂

Another lockdown in winter would be unthinkable. We must get things in order now instead of accepting rises in hospitalizations & then lockdown as inevitable. The harms of lockdown are huge and we now have vaccines, testing, and isolation measures to avoid blanket restrictions.

https://twitter.com/devisridhar/stat...63071481974784
    What does that mean? Earlier on I said at some point focus will switch to reaching out again to those who have not yet taken the vaccine, see tweet below, but also drumming home need for good ventilation/what that is, continuing to avoid crowded indoor spaces and probably keep up the mask wearing. Testing and tracking is far, far easier with low case numbers.

Looking at those younger groups, we see that Scotland becomes the first to top 75% in the 30-39 band. Great news! Below 30, Wales is making very slow progress, suggesting it is going to max out at around 70%.

https://twitter.com/john_actuary/sta...70581799555074

strong rumours this morning the government has caved into Uefa and will allow thousands of football VIP's to attend the Euro 2020 finals at wembley without quarantining

think this will raise a few eyebrows if that happens

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    strong rumours this morning the government has caved into Uefa and will allow thousands of football VIP's to attend the Euro 2020 finals at wembley without quarantining

On that subject:-

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...self-isolation

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

Corruption at its worst, while the travel industry goes under and 1000’s of jobs are going…..

20210624_085116.jpg

so this'll be why Wales fans aren't allowed to go to Amsterdam.

Reasons to be (cautiously) optimistic:

COVID cases in Scotland have been rising steadily for 6+ weeks, but the number of patients in hospital with COVID has barely risen over that time.

This is very different to how things looked at a similar stage in October.

https://twitter.com/VictimOfMaths/st...34809052057605
    We're in new territory now and hopefully better territory too.

sacrificial lamb

he's had all the blame unsubtly placed at his door for weeks now, and now they have a reason to move him on and the rest of them walk away with a clean slate

He’s got to walk surely

The health secretary is also facing questions about his appointment of aide Ms Coladangelo to a £15,000-a-year advisory role – since there was no public record of the appointment.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...dal/ar-AALr5Bt
    Matt Hancock deserves to be looked at for what appears to be his role in the "interesting" use of contracts and public money by this government rather than this sort of workplace activity.

Matt Hancock deserves to be looked at for what appears to be his role in the "interesting" use of contracts and public money by this government rather than this sort of workplace activity.
    I agree, Ministers were much more willing to take responsibility for things going wrong in their department when I was younger, but I doubt it very much if there has ever been a time when a Minister caught having an affair automatically resigned.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I agree, Ministers were much more willing to take responsibility for things going wrong in their department when I was younger, but I doubt it very much if there has ever been a time when a Minister caught having an affair automatically resigned.
    Maybe because they all do it it’s just par for the course now…..

This adds to it. Dont hug your relatives, social distance blah blah blah but here he is all over his aide.

It wont matter this lots arrogance and disdain for the public will mean he carries on.

Maybe another food bank in Hartlepool to keep them happy.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    No but this is the Health Secretary after numerous feck ups all over his aide in a pandemic when thousands of others dont hug those close to them.

After all hes preached.

Hancock apologises for breaking social distancing rules😂😂😂😂

https://amp-theguardian-com.cdn.ampp...n-matt-hancock