+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But the BBC report you posted also says that the variables are so great that the figure cannot be given with any degree of certainty and also says that many people ITK think it is useless, or at least doesn't take account of things learned or being learnt.
    These people are "the Science" the Government keeps on saying they are guided by, they're not going to be ignored.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    These people are "the Science" the Government keeps on saying they are guided by, they're not going to be ignored.
    Quite. But it is a paper for the guidance of the government and is a worst case scenario. I just think that the way you posted it tended to overlook the knowledgeable people who gainsayed the documents conclusions, that's all.
    nothing like a bit of balance.

Quite. But it is a paper for the guidance of the government and is a worst case scenario. I just think that the way you posted it tended to overlook the knowledgeable people who gainsayed the documents conclusions, that's all.
    nothing like a bit of balance.
    Seems to me like a classic case of someone basing the tone of their reply on their perception of the person making the original post - I said myself that I doubted their figures.

Businesses will continue to look after the interests of their clients, customers, shareholders and employees. The idea they would be remotely interested in the views on safe working practices of the lying shysters in this Vote Leave government is beyond ridiculous. Businesses, and citizens, are making their own personalised risk assessments which in practice means ignoring pretty well everything these incompetent chancers have to say.

this young lady who works for the NHS has her say doing the rounds on social media

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBsSbS42IN4

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    this young lady who works for the NHS has her say doing the rounds on social media
    I'm convinced. Covid-19 never happened. I'm just glad intellects like you saw through it.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBsSbS42IN4
    Nice girl, lovely language. Is she from Essex I wonder?

International

Seems to me like a classic case of someone basing the tone of their reply on their perception of the person making the original post - I said myself that I doubted their figures.
    what is that supposed to mean?

what is that supposed to mean?
    Seemsd as clear as day to me, you just wanted to have an argument despite me saying much the same as you did.

International

Seemsd as clear as day to me, you just wanted to have an argument despite me saying much the same as you did.
    no I didn't particularly want an argument, i was just stressing the level of improbability in the numbers you posted.
    but it was "their perception of the person making the original post " which I was referring to. It seems to imply that I have some axe to grind with you personally and that I do not, nor can i think why you would imagine I do.

Over 1,700 new cases in the U.K. today.

Over 1,700 new cases in the U.K. today.
    56 in wales, which is definitely creeping up

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Health officials say seven people from three different parties on Tui flight 6215 from Zante to Cardiff on Tuesday have tested positive for Covid-19.

7 from 3 different parties, I think that should put people off flying till this is all done and dusted

International

But cases are going up, but it is younger people testing positive, so deaths are not rising apparently.
    So is this a good thing?

But cases are going up, but it is younger people testing positive, so deaths are not rising apparently.
    So is this a good thing?
    Is deaths not rising apparently a good thing? It's a yes from me

But cases are going up
    There could be a good reason for that..

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sensitive.html

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Health officials say seven people from three different parties on Tui flight 6215 from Zante to Cardiff on Tuesday have tested positive for Covid-19.

7 from 3 different parties, I think that should put people off flying till this is all done and dusted
    Why anyone is prepared to be locked up in what is basically a sealed metal box for 2 or more hours with 200 or so other people, with most of the air being recirculated, in the middle of a serious viral pandemic, defies belief.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Why anyone is prepared to be locked up in what is basically a sealed metal box for 2 or more hours with 200 or so other people, with most of the air being recirculated, in the middle of a serious viral pandemic, defies belief.
    There's nowt so queer as folk

International

I think its the mentality of "It won't happen to me"
    People always think it will happen to someone else but not to them, but to be fair if we always thought it would be us in any bad situation we would never do anything at all.

16 now according to today's news!!

I think its the mentality of "It won't happen to me"
    People always think it will happen to someone else but not to them, but to be fair if we always thought it would be us in any bad situation we would never do anything at all.
    I accept that I take a risk every time I take my car to go somewhere but I can say with certainty that I will never catch COVID on a plane because I have no intention of travelling in one! There's risk taking and then there's sheer stupidity.

This makes two incidents that reflect badly on Wales, the other being the plonkers who organised the "rave" in the Dulais valley. Hopefully the £10K fines will deter similar behaviour.

"Portugal return to quarantine list would cause chaos and hardship" (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53980191)

Sorry, but this is non-essential travel. Anyone travelling abroad under current circumstances knows that guidelines can (and do) change at any moment, so be ready to accept the risk and stop moaning.

This makes two incidents that reflect badly on Wales, the other being the plonkers who organised the "rave" in the Dulais valley. Hopefully the £10K fines will deter similar behaviour.
    not sure the plane incident reflects badly on Wales, afterall planes are taking off all over the world
    If airlines put planes on, people will use them, even now, people are told that its " as safe as they can make it " with masks and spraying the plane before they board, people are making the call on if the risk is acceptable