+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Tory defence squad to the rescue! I voted for them so have to defend everything they do ��
    And where O wise one was I defending them.

Certainly the items are on the spreadsheets but Lloyd Hardy, you, or I won't have access to the documentation saying exactly what the items are for.

The National Audit Office can see everything, so unless you are accusing them of dishonesty (perhaps you are) as well they will report anything dubious about them. They certainly haven't been hidden!!

I've no idea if SP means Secretary Patel either . I suspect he doesn't either.

And when someone queries one of the entries because it is from Poundland and isn't expressed in round pounds you have to wonder!

If there has been fraud and the audit office find it then Priti Patel or whoever in her office has done it should be in trouble.

Doot doot 🎺🎺

Doot doot 🎺🎺
    Pray tell how my post defended the Government???????

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    yet if it had been Corbyn it would have been open season
    My dislike of Jeremy Corbyn is well known on this board.

But to be fair to him I don't think he would have been in this position because I think he is pretty honest in his financial dealings.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    My dislike of Jeremy Corbyn is well known on this board.

But to be fair to him I don't think he would have been in this position because I think he is pretty honest in his financial dealings.
    the implication being....

Tory defence squad to the rescue! I voted for them so have to defend everything they do ��
    I'm not saying for a second that the figures are accurate, truthful or real. I do hope they are though. As for Tories defending her because they voted for them, nah, that's not the case, it isn't blind loyalty, that can be understood to a certain degree. They defend because they think it's ok to commit a bit of fraud at the expense of the public. Look how old boris has behaved, shagger, liar, incompetent, abandons his kids etc. It's an odd one, that's for sure-Could you imagine those behavior traits if that was some working class bloke on benefits? I'm sure he wouldn't receive the backing of the Daily Mail or of the millions of Tories up and down the nation, or even Elwood Blues

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    the implication being....
    The implication being......nothing

What did you think I was implying?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'm not saying for a second that the figures are accurate, truthful or real. I do hope they are though. As for Tories defending her because they voted for them, nah, that's not the case, it isn't blind loyalty, that can be understood to a certain degree. They defend because they think it's ok to commit a bit of fraud at the expense of the public. Look how old boris has behaved, shagger, liar, incompetent, abandons his kids etc. It's an odd one, that's for sure-Could you imagine those behavior traits if that was some working class bloke on benefits? I'm sure he wouldn't receive the backing of the Daily Mail or of the millions of Tories up and down the nation, or even Elwood Blues
    Having just seen the last bit referring to me I am actually quite angry at this.

You are,in the bit in bold, (which is the hell of an over exaggeration about all conservative voter anyway) insinuating that I am dishonest basically because you still seem to feel that I am defending the Tories here and don't try and defend yourself by saying 'Oh I put on a laughter emoji' There are times when that excuse doesn't wash.

As I said if you can be bothered to read my post I said

'If there has been fraud and the audit office find it then Priti Patel or whoever in her office has done it should be in trouble.'

So if she has committed fraud she should be for it. But not on the basis of assumptions by the Twitteratti.

And I thought you were a pretty decent poster even though we have different views in politics.

Not as good a judge of character as I thought.

🎺

��
    where's the V sign smiley when you need it.......

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Having just seen the last bit referring to me I am actually quite angry at this.

You are,in the bit in bold, (which is the hell of an over exaggeration about all conservative voter anyway) insinuating that I am dishonest basically because you still seem to feel that I am defending the Tories here and don't try and defend yourself by saying 'Oh I put on a laughter emoji' There are times when that excuse doesn't wash.

As I said if you can be bothered to read my post I said

'If there has been fraud and the audit office find it then Priti Patel or whoever in her office has done it should be in trouble.'

So if she has committed fraud she should be for it. But not on the basis of assumptions by the Twitteratti.

And I thought you were a pretty decent poster even though we have different views in politics.

Not as good a judge of character as I thought.
    Kin'ell, hold your horses. I didn't even know that you voted Tory. I have said that i have no idea if any of this stuff is true, although i hope it is, if it nails Patel, although she'll get some more consultancy work on the back of it

I do believe that plenty of Tory voters are bent, corrupt, out to line their own pocket etc. I never one said that you were that way inclined, so accept my apologies if you thought that i was implicating you as someone who is bent rotten Tory. I don't think you are.

https://twitter.com/PublicHealthW/st...758937097?s=19

0 deaths again, and only 94 cases in the whole of Wales. 6 in RCT!
    Swansea seems to have crept up a little. if there's much of an uptick from the kids going back to school then I guess we will start to see it over the coming week?

Walesonline says only 1 case in RCT.

It will be interesting to see his plans for reopening are this week.

Shops 12th April likely but what about hospitality.? Not just pubs but cafes etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

Shops 12th April likely but what about hospitality.? Not just pubs but cafes etc.
    I would guess they’ll still be quite cautious until it becomes clearer what effect opening schools has had, but, up to now, it looks negligible.

Got my first shot booked for Monday.
    Super excited!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Super excited!!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I would guess they’ll still be quite cautious until it becomes clearer what effect opening schools has had, but, up to now, it looks negligible.
    I still think caution is the right thing for now, a couple more weeks letting more people’s immunity kick in from the vaccines can make all the difference.

Israel’s numbers show that vaccinating a certain amount of people can really drop the infection rate. If we wait until the right time another lockdown becomes even more unlikely and more lives can be saved.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    One theory is that it initially reflects case rates in the community and then rapidly accelerates any community increase. Masks for at least the older kids and good ventilation (classes outside?) should keep numbers caused by schools low.

I can't see Pubs opening up for a while and it's likely to be amongst the last things to open as alcohol and social distancing aren't compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Super excited!!
    Yeah. Ive got mine next Tuesday and the Mrs on the Friday.

I cant believe im actually looking forward to a needle in the arm.

As at 10 March, VOC 202012/01 (first identified in Kent) continues to be the
    dominant Covid-19 variant in Wales and the UK. There have been no further cases of
    VOC 202012/02 (the variant linked to South Africa) since the last report (17/03/2021) with 25
    cases in Wales detected to date. 1 case of the variant VUI-202101/01 linked to
    Brazil has now been identified in Wales as of this week and there have been 3 cases
    of the variant VUI 202102/03 linked to Nigeria identified in Wales.

The South African variant remains the most concerning, due to ongoing evidence
    of weaker antibody neutralisation. The South African variant is currently accounting
    for an increasing proportion of cases in Eastern France.

The P1 variant, first detected in travellers to Japan from Brazil, shares some
    mutations with the South African variant which appear to reduce vaccine
    effectiveness. Although not yet seen in Wales, several cases have been identified
    elsewhere in the UK.

At the midpoint of the most recent week (7 to 13 March 2021) the highest estimated
    percentages of the community population with COVID-19 among the nations of the UK
    was in Scotland (0.37%) whilst Wales appeared to have the lowest.

In the most recent week, rates have decreased In England and Wales, remained level in
    Northern Ireland and have increased in Scotland.

https://gov.wales/technical-advisory...-19-march-2021
    Some new variants I hadn't heard of before.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    I can't see Pubs opening up for a while and it's likely to be amongst the last things to open as alcohol and social distancing aren't compatible.
    I think outdoor pubs will be able to open on 26 April. Indoors end of May earliest.

Yeah. Ive got mine next Tuesday and the Mrs on the Friday.

I cant believe im actually looking forward to a needle in the arm.
    Crazy isn’t it?!
    😁

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-56623504

Clean up work is under way after huge crowds gathered in Cardiff Bay on Friday, despite coronavirus restrictions still being in place.

Cardiff council said a significant amount of rubbish had been left by "large groups of people intent on breaking Covid-19 restrictions".

Total stupidity - and the same over much of the UK. We had the same in Sheffield over the past 3 days!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-56623504

Clean up work is under way after huge crowds gathered in Cardiff Bay on Friday, despite coronavirus restrictions still being in place.

Cardiff council said a significant amount of rubbish had been left by "large groups of people intent on breaking Covid-19 restrictions".

Total stupidity - and the same over much of the UK. We had the same in Sheffield over the past 3 days!
    Have we not been here before ? as the 1st lockdown ended ?, the difference is over 30 Mill have had the 1st vaccine and close to 5 mill the 2nd