+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

People don't need to go to Tesco to buy non-essentials. Buy them all online then send them back within the automatic 14 day cooling off period. When the time the lockdown has ended people can then go and buy the same item in the supermarket or local independent.
    That works doesn't it 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    People don't need to go to Tesco to buy non-essentials. Buy them all online then send them back within the automatic 14 day cooling off period. When the time the lockdown has ended people can then go and buy the same item in the supermarket or local independent.
    That works doesn't it ��
    Ah, but would blue matt’s mother be able to send the kettle back during the cooling off period

International

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Ah, but would blue matt’s mother be able to send the kettle back during the cooling off period
    Well you can't send it back while it's hot, can you?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Well you can't send it back while it's hot, can you?
    He stole it?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Round and round in circles because you want to score party political points - I said that I could understand the logic whereby they didn't want to see smaller, independent traders discriminated against like they were first time around because supermarkets had an unfair advantage over them. Nothing you're saying is making me think I was wrong in thinking that (quite the opposite in fact).

Therefore, there's no point in continuing this discussion.
    If the reason a non essential list was produced was to protect the smaller 'closed' independents against 'open' supermarkets, then there could well be a legal challenge in the future. The Senedd has no right to halt the sale of products in a retail business in order to protect ( Drakeford said 'be fair to') another retail business that has been forced to close because of their actions. It's blatantly anti-competitive.

Linked to their action Ive noticed on news bulletins that many supermarkets in Wales have closed aisles and covered displays with polythene sheets to comply. I wonder if this is in line with fire regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    If the reason a non essential list was produced was to protect the smaller 'closed' independents against 'open' supermarkets, then there could well be a legal challenge in the future. The Senedd has no right to halt the sale of products in a retail business in order to protect ( Drakeford said 'be fair to') another retail business that has been forced to close because of their actions. It's blatantly anti-competitive.

Linked to their action Ive noticed on news bulletins that many supermarkets in Wales have closed aisles and covered displays with polythene sheets to comply. I wonder if this is in line with fire regulations.
    I don't know. One minute you are forced into supermarkets within a 5 mile radius to buy their mass produced meat rather than from the artisanal butchers of Brecon and the next you are railing against being deprived of the middle of Lidl for a fortnight..... No pleasing some folk!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    That works doesn't it ��
    Congratulations on the 5000th contribution to this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I don't know. One minute you are forced into supermarkets within a 5 mile radius to buy their mass produced meat rather than from the artisanal butchers of Brecon and the next you are railing against being deprived of the middle of Lidl for a fortnight..... No pleasing some folk!
    A little story...my missus not that well, very painful muscular condition that really needs a cortisone injection to sort it, but you can't give injections talking to the GP on zoom.
    So I get some analgesics for her and some anti-inflammatory cream from the pharmacy in the local supermarket, and I think whilst there I'll get her a bunch of flowers because she's in pain and feeling low. Cant buy them in the supermarket. non essential item...how stupid.

Three miles away there is a petrol station where I believe I can buy some......I won't tell you if I did because you'll somehow link it to Brecon.

A little story...my missus not that well, very painful muscular condition that really needs a cortisone injection to sort it, but you can't give injections talking to the GP on zoom.
    So I get some analgesics for her and some anti-inflammatory cream from the pharmacy in the local supermarket, and I think whilst there I'll get her a bunch of flowers because she's in pain and feeling low. Cant buy them in the supermarket. non essential item...how stupid.

Three miles away there is a petrol station where I believe I can buy some......I won't tell you if I did because you'll somehow link it to Brecon.
    Here's a little story. My Mum, severe stroke. Been through three hospitals and into a care home since I last saw her in March. Able to have a half hour fleeting visit sitting outside whilst she sat in the foyer in early September before Caerphilly County was locked down again. Hopefully some time in the future if this works I will get to see her alive again. Send her flowers every now and then via Interflora. Feeling your pain!

I'm very sorry to hear that your wife isn't well but in no world are flowers are an essential item and if you're planning on driving 3 miles to a petrol station just to get some because you couldn't get any from the supermarket then you're a huge part of the problem

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I'm very sorry to hear that your wife isn't well but in no world are flowers are an essential item and if you're planning on driving 3 miles to a petrol station just to get some because you couldn't get any from the supermarket then you're a huge part of the problem
    Absolutely. Much easier to pop to the nearest graveyard where there are loads for free.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I didn't, but I hope you take the point.

And by the way flowers can be a very essential item. There has been a lot of press about the mental health of people in this pandemic, and flowers can be as therapeutic for some people as medicine. It's all about recognition and caring.

And by the way flowers can be a very essential item. There has been a lot of press about the mental health of people in this pandemic, and flowers can be as therapeutic for some people as medicine. It's all about recognition and caring.
    Indeed, but they can be delivered, often within a day's notice.

I enjoy a libation from time to time. During the first lockdown I ordered in a few supplies online simply to prevent me going out of the house to buy them. It was more expensive, sure, but it prevented me making relatively unnecessary trips out of the house. In fact, a mate of mine ordered a few ciders from a particular maker, so we ended up taking it in turns to order half a dozen bottles from a different place some weeks.

Heisenberg

I was in Tesco on Excelsior Road today to pick up a prescription for my daughter. Flowers were on sale there if you're looking to pick some up. Sorry to hear about your wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

I enjoy a libation from time to time. During the first lockdown I ordered in a few supplies online simply to prevent me going out of the house to buy them. It was more expensive, sure, but it prevented me making relatively unnecessary trips out of the house. In fact, a mate of mine ordered a few ciders from a particular maker, so we ended up taking it in turns to order half a dozen bottles from a different place some weeks.
    I don't think they can be delivered currently because florists are closed in this lockdown

Heisenberg

I don't think they can be delivered currently because florists are closed in this lockdown
    Can get next day delivery to my postcode in Cardiff on the Interflora website.

I'd recommend Waitrose florists though even though you might have to wait a few days longer. I find them to be better quality.

You've got two online florists or Tesco as options now

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Although the vaccine is planned to be available for frontline NHS staff in December it will take many months before the population as a whole will be inoculated. And of course there will be many refusniks. The real spike will occur when students return home for Christmas.
    Don’t fear operation moonbeam or whatever it’s called will be in full swing by then, bo bo said a few weeeks ago. 10 million tests a day, plenty for the students to have a go, wait 20 mins, then pop off home to mummy and daddy’s all clear. Hoorah for the Tories.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54662485

Young people, particularly those from deprived backgrounds, have had their earnings and job prospects hit hardest by the coronavirus pandemic, adding to fears for the long-term impact on their futures.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

So then you met up to share out the bottles you took it in turns to buy on line so you didn't have to come into contact with people? Hmmmmmmm

With us all locked up, what's the uPdAtE on this "Track and Trace" malarkey ??

Is it working, or an expensive load of bollocks ?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    With us all locked up, what's the uPdAtE on this "Track and Trace" malarkey ??

Is it working, or an expensive load of bollocks ?
    The bufoon said it would be world class. Its a shambles though.

Anyway theres more pressing matters. Tesco didnt sell someone a tampon yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

Anyway theres more pressing matters. Tesco didnt sell someone a tampon yesterday.

BLOODY HELL !

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

Tesco have only stopped selling tampons periodically.

aye this is clearly only getting as much coverage as it is because the government have shit the bed over meals for kids and need a distraction

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-54705627

Another 12 deaths have been linked to hospital infections in the Cwm Taf Morgannwg health board area, bringing the total so far to 69.