+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Not in Drakeford's case by the looks of it.

School re-opening. So, I was talking to my sister about her son. Their school is opening for 4 weeks, Y1-Y6. However, kids will attend just 1 morning a week (2 days), and there will be no teaching. My sister's conclusion - not worth it (despite her concerns on the effects of his education, 4 morning sessions with no teaching is not going to have an impact on that). Which, I have to say, seems a good decision. It helps protect teachers as we head to September when Social distancing can hopefully be relaxed as cases continue to wane.

However, this needs a real plan. If kids are allowed just 1 or 2 sessions of school a week then that serves no purpose at all. Maybe it needs some out of the box thinking, and maybe the use of offices, night/evening classes to get more regular schooling.
    My Daughter has just had her timetable.

She will be in for 3 days in total.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    My Daughter has just had her timetable.

She will be in for 3 days in total.
    My sister said "It's not normal, it's not even half way to being normal". The school issued a video basically saying "We can't guarantee social distancing will be maintained, that is up to you and your children". I feel sorry for the schools, it's not their decision to re-open and you have to wonder what is going to be achieved by 1 3-hour stint a week.

My nephew has asthma, she has no idea if he is "at risk" or not. But, if he comes home sick, it will be her and us worrying. Result, he isn't going in.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-53105642

**** me, fair play for providing even more incompetence and laughs.

School re-opening. So, I was talking to my sister about her son. Their school is opening for 4 weeks, Y1-Y6. However, kids will attend just 1 morning a week (2 days), and there will be no teaching. My sister's conclusion - not worth it (despite her concerns on the effects of his education, 4 morning sessions with no teaching is not going to have an impact on that). Which, I have to say, seems a good decision. It helps protect teachers as we head to September when Social distancing can hopefully be relaxed as cases continue to wane.

However, this needs a real plan. If kids are allowed just 1 or 2 sessions of school a week then that serves no purpose at all. Maybe it needs some out of the box thinking, and maybe the use of offices, night/evening classes to get more regular schooling.
    Same for our eldest.

One "day" a week, basically over by lunchtime. No teaching, just making sure everyone is ok kinda thing - odd really, given letter sent by school had details like school dispensing pens, pencils which would be destroyed afterwards. Work still set online. We'll send him to school ( mostly because he's doing our heads in... ) but it smacks of doing almost less than the bare minimum to make it look like schools are opening here.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    He said 6th July ...IF It's not guaranteed.
    I’m not his greatest fan by any stretch, but he was alluding to the fact if we stay on this trajectory then July 6 will be ok, which is what all the data suggests. He spoke quite well today, having to answer the five mile thing about five times it would seem. Well, I’m off to work in Pembrokeshire Tuesday so I’m ok....

My two have got 2 half days each, so one full day. It’s just really a catch up so when they go back it won’t have been 6 whopping months since they were last there, which could be daunting to many where a month is a long time. I reckon we will have applied the Dutch approach by then anyway and abandonded SD amongst the kids at least.....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    My two have got 2 half days each, so one full day. It’s just really a catch up so when they go back it won’t have been 6 whopping months since they were last there, which could be daunting to many where a month is a long time. I reckon we will have applied the Dutch approach by then anyway and abandonded SD amongst the kids at least.....
    I'm not Letting splott dai anywhere near my kids

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-covid-19-peak

Also, on the subject of the R rate in Wales, I saw a chart on the BBC website yesterday which suggested that the rate had gone up in Wales in that it was now ranging between 0.6 and 1 I believe it was. I know there was a link to something suggesting that the R rate had gone down again posted on here yesterday, but they were unofficial figures I believe, has there been any sort of official announcement as to the R rate currently?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-53105642

**** me, fair play for providing even more incompetence and laughs.
    Mind boggling isn't it - all along they've been placing trying to look good above the truth and the ironic thing is that they've just been digging a deeper hole for themselves all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Mind boggling isn't it - all along they've been placing trying to look good above the truth and the ironic thing is that they've just been digging a deeper hole for themselves all the time.
    For the amount of occasions it has happened I’ve just assumed it’s a Cummings led strategy given to Boris who makes the perfect foil to deliver to the nation.

‘Lie & laugh’ strategy.

Its the civil service that have to get things like the track and trace done, and since Priti Patel and Dominic Cummings have declared war on them, what with Mark Sedwell resigning and Phillip Rutham sacked, I wonder if there is some sabotage going on?

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Its the civil service that have to get things like the track and trace done, and since Priti Patel and Dominic Cummings have declared war on them, what with Mark Sedwell resigning and Phillip Rutham sacked, I wonder if there is some sabotage going on?
    Let’s get this right.

You’re suggesting the civil service are purposely sabotaging the governments efforts to aid the recovery of a country in the midst of a pandemic and thus risking more lives?

****inell.

Let’s get this right.

You’re suggesting the civil service are purposely sabotaging the governments efforts to aid the recovery of a country in the midst of a pandemic and thus risking more lives?

****inell.

Or maybe they're just incompetent!

It just makes me think the reason for lowering the alert level yesterday was probably to try to deflect attention away. I just don’t give them benefit of the doubt for anything anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    It just makes me think the reason for lowering the alert level yesterday was probably to try to deflect attention away. I just don’t give them benefit of the doubt for anything anymore.
    I think you're wrong on that. The alert level change was decided solely by the 4 National Chief medical advisors / officers jointly. No political interference. Mark Drakeford specifically mentioned this in his briefing yesterday

Serco are trying to sabotage the government?

Or maybe they're just incompetent!
    The government, civil service or both?

BOTH

BOTH
    Ahhhhhh, so it’s not a deliberate act of sabotage by the civil service against Patel, Cummings and the government then.

Glad we’ve got to the bottom of that mystery where they can’t get an app off the ground that’s apparently integral for the nations recovery.

I think you're wrong on that. The alert level change was decided solely by the 4 National Chief medical advisors / officers jointly. No political interference. Mark Drakeford specifically mentioned this in his briefing yesterday
    Yeh, I’ve just read JBC recommended it and Chief Medical Advisors approved.

Ahhhhhh, so it’s not a deliberate act of sabotage by the civil service against Patel, Cummings and the government then.

Glad we’ve got to the bottom of that mystery where they can’t get an app off the ground that’s apparently integral for the nations recovery.
    As you say..integral to the nations recovery.....yet each of the four home nations seem to have done their own thing. Almost as if the population of the UK will stay within their own home nations, never to interact or meet? Really stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Yeh, I’ve just read JBC recommended it and Chief Medical Advisors approved.
    Sorry, Joint Bisosecurity Centre.

A pretty measured review once you get past the headline of the issues that caused the cancellation of the centralised app this week.

https://www.technologyreview.com/202...ng-app-fiasco/

As you say..integral to the nations recovery.....yet each of the four home nations seem to have done their own thing. Almost as if the population of the UK will stay within their own home nations, never to interact or meet? Really stupid
    It’s either really stupid or someone was lying initially about the importance of the ‘contact, track n trace’ app.

The frightening thing is no one really knows anymore due to the amount of information that’s been twisted to suit political agendas.

As you said though “Incompetence”.

That’s for all the respective governments involved.

""Chinese officials have released genome data which, they say, show that a recent outbreak in Beijing was a European strain. But some scientists are cautious over drawing early conclusions about the alleged link

Italian scientists said that sewage water from two cities contained coronavirus traces in December, long before the country's first confirmed cases.
    ""

Its always someone else's fault ,one should not forget the direct trading links the city of Wuhan and North Italy and then that connection the to rest of Europe

https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2020/...rus-epicenter/