+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Certainly happens in North Wales , Drakeford has been asked to publish his reason by data , before stopping people earning money to work and feed their families and further damage the already weakened Welsh Economy ,these are very worrying times.
    Yes they are worrying times and whilst Drakeford claims he is doing the best for Wales the data shows otherwise. Cardiff will have been in lockdown for 3 weeks come Sunday and the numbers with Covid keep rising. Caerphilly around 5 weeks and cases are still high. North Wales can't seem to control it, plus RCT, and I could go on.
    England has hot spots in the North and London but much of the country is relatively good. In Wales most of the country has increasing cases and everyday its getting worse more or less across the board. Over 2/3 of us are in lockdown.

His data for banning the English concluded that visitors from UK and other parts of the world MAY have impacted on things in July/ August, but it's not conclusive. To take the action he is on that data shows scant regard for his people and their livelihoods.

With Drakeford in Wales and Burham in Manchester we are seeing party politics being played at the highest level with the lives of the UK population.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Yes they are worrying times and whilst Drakeford claims he is doing the best for Wales the data shows otherwise. Cardiff will have been in lockdown for 3 weeks come Sunday and the numbers with Covid keep rising. Caerphilly around 5 weeks and cases are still high. North Wales can't seem to control it, plus RCT, and I could go on.
    England has hot spots in the North and London but much of the country is relatively good. In Wales most of the country has increasing cases and everyday its getting worse more or less across the board. Over 2/3 of us are in lockdown.

His data for banning the English concluded that visitors from UK and other parts of the world MAY have impacted on things in July/ August, but it's not conclusive. To take the action he is on that data shows scant regard for his people and their livelihoods.

With Drakeford in Wales and Burham in Manchester we are seeing party politics being played at the highest level with the lives of the population.
    Sadly it is becoming that way all very well coordinated as well started with Sir Kier's circuit breaker , what I don't understand Sir Kier wants to shut down the whole country, Burnham doesn't want tier 3 as it will hurt Manchester, Wales could lock down now, in as much Boris is accused of confusion so does the opposition ,just depends on their vote base .

Yep its now become party politics sadly .

Lives are at stake as they are every winter , average Covid deaths are at 82 age , non Covid 81, which is extremely sad , it does seem it highjacked the elderly and very vulnerable, perhaps we double down on protecting them and allow young people to work and move about in a responsible way , sadly responsible behaviour is badly lacking in our society.

Great to see the Government ramping up Vitamin D consumption , every little helps , helped my immune issues over the last few years after some great doctors advise .

With Drakeford in Wales and Burham in Manchester we are seeing party politics being played at the highest level with the lives of the UK population.
    I think the arrival of 35000 students in Cardiff might be a lot to do with it. That’s a lot of young people from all over the world.
    I’ll go for a two weeker but no more. What’s the point as it will just creep back up again when people start to move about.
    Like mentioned above the average age of death is 82, surely those that need protecting can do just that even though amazingly, they haven’t been told to shield again yet.

International

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I think the arrival of 35000 students in Cardiff might be a lot to do with it. That’s a lot of young people from all over the world.
    I’ll go for a two weeker but no more. What’s the point as it will just creep back up again when people start to move about.
    Like mentioned above the average age of death is 82, surely those that need protecting can do just that even though amazingly, they haven’t been told to shield again yet.
    Well they can't stay at home and protect their lives if no one has told them to. You can't expect that. They're adults, they have to be told what to do.

Sadly it is becoming that way all very well coordinated as well started with Sir Kier's circuit breaker , what I don't understand Sir Kier wants to shut down the whole country, Burnham doesn't want tier 3 as it will hurt Manchester, Wales could lock down now, in as much Boris is accused of confusion so does the opposition ,just depends on their vote base .

Lives are at stake as they are every winter , average Covid deaths are at 82 age , non Covid 81, which is extremely sad , it does seem it highjacked the elderly and very vulnerable, perhaps we double down on protecting them and allow young people to work and move about in a responsible way , sadly responsible behaviour is badly lacking in our society.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...our-and-tories

Looks like Labour and Tory council leaders and MPs in Greater Manchester are singing from the same song sheet.

Wasn’t the initial responses to Covid19 influenced by ‘party politics’, ongoing political policies e.g. Brexit and BoJo’s own libertarian view on things?

Sadly, the lack of any common sense and responsibility shown by the UK government has led where we are today.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Dull? lmao but not blinkered.
    You’re not blinkered?

So the countless discussions you have on here in relation to any topic are supported with hard evidence and not just the ramblings of your over excited mind.

I apologise, profusely. I’ve marked you down all wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Wasn’t the initial responses to Covid19 influenced by ‘party politics’, ongoing political policies e.g. Brexit and BoJo’s own libertarian view on things?

Sadly, the lack of any common sense and responsibility shown by the UK government has led where we are today.

One of the worst phrases of recent years is 'playing party politics'. It's the easiest way to try to shut down someone that you don't agree with. Just say they're playing politics. It's meaningless enough that you don't have to justify it.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    One of the worst phrases of recent years is 'playing party politics'. It's the easiest way to try to shut down someone that you don't agree with. Just say they're playing politics. It's meaningless enough that you don't have to justify it.
    Professor Jeremy Farrar of the Welcome Trust, and a SAGE member has just said 'playing party politics' and a North/South divide is very damaging to public health.

It sickens me that we have major UK cities with populations bigger than Wales with very very high numbers of Covid patients, struggling hospitals and a escalating death rate, whilst our leaders are bickering, businesses failing, and many of our young adults refusing to take responsibility for their behaviour.

God knows what sort of a winter lies ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I listened to an interview with Matt Hancock on Radio 5 Live last night, where he accused Andy Burnham of playing party politics five times while continuously saying that we should all join together in the national interest the same amount of times. Presumably, his take on the "national interest" is that everyone should fall into line with the UK Government's view on things, so isn't he just playing party politics as well?

Hancock's repetitive interview was an example of the woeful standard of political debating on both sides of this argument - continuously repeating yourself does not prove you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I listened to an interview with Matt Hancock on Radio 5 Live last night, where he accused Andy Burnham of playing party politics five times while continuously saying that we should all join together in the national interest the same amount of times. Presumably, his take on the "national interest" is that everyone should fall into line with the UK Government's view on things, so isn't he just playing party politics as well?

Hancock's repetitive interview was an example of the woeful standard of political debating on both sides of this argument - continuously repeating yourself does not prove you're right.
    At the end of the day our democratically elected government is responsible. By all means listen to everyone views, the government then needs to decide what action should be taken. Otherwise we are moving towards anarchy.

The tories are now throwing party politics about is just laughable. A desperate government and a few desperate supporters.

Beats Corbyn and Abbott wouldnt have done better though blah blah blah.

At the end of the day our democratically elected government is responsible. By all means listen to everyone views, the government then needs to decide what action should be taken. Otherwise we are moving towards anarchy.
    Is it anarchy when the people on the other side of the argument are also democratically elected figures?

Anyway, my point was more to do with the lamentable standard of what passes for political debate these days.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    You’re not blinkered?

So the countless discussions you have on here in relation to any topic are supported with hard evidence and not just the ramblings of your over excited mind.

I apologise, profusely. I’ve marked you down all wrong.
    I d0n't ramble and you have no duty to read what I write so don't read it. On the internet, as I've mentioned before, everyone seems obsessed with 'hard evidence' demanding lonks and proof of every thing. Send me your address and when I take a shit I'll send you the hard evidence.
    I just speak from my own knowledge gained over many years of life and very varied experience, just as you might chat to someone in a pub, I'm not in the debating chamber of the house of clowns in the bay.
    For what it's worth I think you are a bigotted troll who looks for people who's politics you thinks differs from yours or whom you think are weak, and then you target them. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Is it anarchy when the people on the other side of the argument are also democratically elected figures?

Anyway, my point was more to do with the lamentable standard of what passes for political debate these days.
    Anarchy or not....I suppose it's to do with people's responsibilities and accountabilities. What Burnham is doing is akin to the Mayor of Cardiff telling the Senedd that he'll decide how covid is handled in the city.

International

Anarchy or not....I suppose it's to do with people's responsibilities and accountabilities. What Burnham is doing is akin to the Mayor of Cardiff telling the Senedd that he'll decide how covid is handled in the city.
    Close all the roads out, open panini outlets and plant trees. That'll work!!!

Hearing the Welsh Government are planning a 3 week lockdown beginning a week today or tomorrow.....they are leaking it out to ease the pain....

That would be ideal

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I d0n't ramble and you have no duty to read what I write so don't read it. On the internet, as I've mentioned before, everyone seems obsessed with 'hard evidence' demanding lonks and proof of every thing. Send me your address and when I take a shit I'll send you the hard evidence.
    I just speak from my own knowledge gained over many years of life and very varied experience, just as you might chat to someone in a pub, I'm not in the debating chamber of the house of clowns in the bay.
    For what it's worth I think you are a bigotted troll who looks for people who's politics you thinks differs from yours or whom you think are weak, and then you target them. Enjoy!
    You think I'm a bigoted troll?

Fair play for someone who regularly acts like the pub twat on here you're slightly over sensitive about getting pointed out on it. Go back a few messages and remember it was you calling me out like a class snitch.

Anyway, let's cwtch and make up. Life"s too short and I'm not over enthusiastic about receiving your faecal artwork through the post. I'll get you a pint when we're all allowed to go back into the pubs.

Professor Jeremy Farrar of the Welcome Trust, and a SAGE member has just said 'playing party politics' and a North/South divide is very damaging to public health.

It sickens me that we have major UK cities with populations bigger than Wales with very very high numbers of Covid patients, struggling hospitals and a escalating death rate, whilst our leaders are bickering, businesses failing, and many of our young adults refusing to take responsibility for their behaviour.

God knows what sort of a winter lies ahead!
    Out of interest who do you think Professor Farrar is pointing the finger at there, Burnham, Boris or both?

hate to bring good news to this thread

but this certainly looks good news

https://www.pfizer.com/news/hot-topi..._albert_bourla

The greater Manchester situation shows the extent to which the government doesn’t get it: restrictions only work with public support – a sense of us pulling together to protect one another. Without that they have no hope.

For months – ever since the Cummings incident – the strategy seems to have relied on introducing ever-more draconian fines for everything, despite them often being all but impossible to actually impose. It doesn’t work: lockdowns (and restrictions) work by consent.

The result is a government pushing inadequate measures, with feeble support, to an indifferent public. And each time they react to that and step up the action, they do it two weeks too late. No wonder hospitals are filling up again.

https://twitter.com/jamesrbuk/status...11826576642048
    Wednesday of this week saw 946 cases in Wales, 12.43% of tests returning positive results, and 10 deaths compared to 752 cases and 3 deaths last week with Winter season still to come. We know that going hard early can buy time but medium to longer term there needs to be a different plan than what we have been doing which is seeing/starting to see a detrimental effect to almost every aspect of life, and with a potential no deal now being spoken about more seriously than before.

An article on Germany's test/trace system from earlier this year: https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...=1602853397226

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    hate to bring good news to this thread

but this certainly looks good news

https://www.pfizer.com/news/hot-topi..._albert_bourla
    Will the yanks share it though? As long as they give me one when the plane lands there next October I’ll be happy.....