+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    The problem is that a roomful of scientists may have differing views but with luck can reach a conclusion. However, speaking personally, I would prefer to take the views of experienced scientists over those on a football message board any day.
    The problem is that the scientists are proposing measures that have very little evidence supporting them. They're all underpinned by the assumption that R can be reduced by reducing human interaction, but that’s as scientific as it gets. When it comes to deriving policy from this, you may as well ask people on a football message board (or Caprice).

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    The problem is that the scientists are proposing measures that have very little evidence supporting them. They're all underpinned by the assumption that R can be reduced by reducing human interaction, but that’s as scientific as it gets. When it comes to deriving policy from this, you may as well ask people on a football message board (or Caprice).
    The scientists inform us that the virus is spread by human to human contact so you are welcome to believe scientists haven't the foggiest. However, many believe that, those who defy logic and common sense based on the scientific conclusion that the virus is spread by humans, are beyond ridiculous. Surely it is obvious that any steps taken to reduce contact are not ridiculous even though those in the hospitality industry think differently.

The problem is that a roomful of scientists may have differing views but with luck can reach a conclusion. However, speaking personally, I would prefer to take the views of experienced scientists over those on a football message board any day.
    The thing is, as the weeks and months go on, it's beginning to dawn on people that the 'experienced scientists' who are directing the lives and livelihoods of 66 million folk, haven't the foggiest idea how and when this is going to end. So long as no-one asks them awkward questions, such as "how about 2 million delayed hospital appts., cancer and heart-related deaths", etc., they'll be carrying on - and on, and on..

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    950 new cases in Wales, including 260 plus in Cardiff and just over 200 in RCT, but there were nearly 13,000 tests done which I believe is well above the daily average.
    More tests could gave been done but the government won't allow it.
    How many of the new cases are students or those with underlying conditions?
    I think if we can protect the more vulnerable it would greatly reduce the hospitalisations and the death figures

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...-foggiest.html

How can we follow the science when the scientists haven't the foggiest?
    Ah that explains it, this has come from the Mail...nothing to see here!

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Ah that explains it, this has come from the Mail...nothing to see here!
    Only right if it comes from the mirror or the Guardian is it?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Only right if it comes from the mirror or the Guardian is it?
    Gosh you're so funny

The sort of news we all want to see.....

https://apple.news/Ae1kQGfybQBy_lNDljLE-kg

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post

Yes, great news and this should give everyone a boost

saw this earlier

I must admit though that this next week my daughters go back to swimming club, thats the last thing from our " pre-covid " life, Football is back, Netball is back, now swimming, we can go out to eat when we want, lifes back to normal now for us down here

only thing is my mum cannot come down and see us ( and our new place ), we did discuss driving up to pick her up, but as she is vulnerable and the girls are back to school, it wasnt worth the risk

only difference is we wear a mask, antibac our hands and socially distance the best we can

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    saw this earlier

I must admit though that this next week my daughters go back to swimming club, thats the last thing from our " pre-covid " life, Football is back, Netball is back, now swimming, we can go out to eat when we want, lifes back to normal now for us down here

only thing is my mum cannot come down and see us ( and our new place ), we did discuss driving up to pick her up, but as she is vulnerable and the girls are back to school, it wasnt worth the risk

only difference is we wear a mask, antibac our hands and socially distance the best we can
    Sounds ok apart from seeing your mum, similar here though and mines a mile away!
    I’ll go for the two weeker circuit break but I don’t think it’s going to change much, those breaking the rules will just carry on ballsing it up for the rest of us. Probably going to get worse as more people mix in houses instead. It’s mainly student driven in Cardiff too

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    More tests could gave been done but the government won't allow it.
    How many of the new cases are students or those with underlying conditions?
    I think if we can protect the more vulnerable it would greatly reduce the hospitalisations and the death figures
    I agree that more tests should have been done in theory but in practice only up to 20% of those those required to isolate obey.. This worrying statistic seems to have been ignored.

I agree that more tests should have been done in theory but in practice only up to 20% of those those required to isolate obey.. This worrying statistic seems to have been ignored.
    And when you add in those not contacted or contacted late its not great.

World class FFS.

Sounds ok apart from seeing your mum, similar here though and mines a mile away!
    I’ll go for the two weeker circuit break but I don’t think it’s going to change much, those breaking the rules will just carry on ballsing it up for the rest of us. Probably going to get worse as more people mix in houses instead. It’s mainly student driven in Cardiff too
    A couple of mates of over 20 years actually posted a photo on social media on the weekend in the pub, giving it the cheers with beers in hand. Their excuse was it was all very organised in there with people not too drunk and social distancing to which i replied yeah but the 5 of you don't live in the same household SO YOUR BREAKING THE RULES which is why we're now having the circuit break now. Because of people like them not listening.
    These guys are in their mid 40's who I class as honest family men with respectable professions so was absolutely horrified with the arrogance of them and this is why we're still in this mess.
    Its not just students, there is literally a divide of people from all backgrounds who are taking it seriously and those who just couldn't give a fcuk. I'm still laughing in disbelief at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    And when you add in those not contacted or contacted late its not great.

World class FFS.
    Come off it. You can have the best test and trace arrangements imaginable but if only up to 20% of the population comply you are on a hiding to nothing. So in the UK is it the fault of test and trace that the population don't comply or is it the arrangements or lack of them?

Come off it. You can have the best test and trace arrangements imaginable but if only up to 20% of the population comply you are on a hiding to nothing. So in the UK is it the fault of test and trace that the population don't comply or is it the arrangements or lack of them?
    Both.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    A couple of mates of over 20 years actually posted a photo on social media on the weekend in the pub, giving it the cheers with beers in hand. Their excuse was it was all very organised in there with people not too drunk and social distancing to which i replied yeah but the 5 of you don't live in the same household SO YOUR BREAKING THE RULES which is why we're now having the circuit break now. Because of people like them not listening.
    These guys are in their mid 40's who I class as honest family men with respectable professions so was absolutely horrified with the arrogance of them and this is why we're still in this mess.
    Its not just students, there is literally a divide of people from all backgrounds who are taking it seriously and those who just couldn't give a fcuk. I'm still laughing in disbelief at them.
    Sure, I’m sure it’s rife allover, particularly small villages in the valley’s where they think they are immune and the landlord is their buddy etc...

Sure, I’m sure it’s rife allover, particularly small villages in the valley’s where they think they are immune and the landlord is their buddy etc...
    . I live in North Cardiff and yesterday of the three houses opposite mine, two had guests in doors.

People seem to think it doesn't apply to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Both.
    You need to think this through.

Lockdown in Wales back. Confirmed as from Friday 6.00pm to November 9th.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    But which science.

I have heard eminent scientists saying we should have a national lockdown.

I have heard equally eminent scientist saying we should not have a national lockdown.

Which science do we follow??????
    You follow the one you first consulted and then stick to it no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Lockdown in Wales back. Confirmed as from Friday 6.00pm to November 9th.
    I wonder how many businesses won't bother to reopen afterwards.

We can be reasonably confident that early, hard, short lockdowns are better than extended periods of time with high restrictions. Biggest issue is that SAGE spoke about a circuit breaker on 21st of September, Mark Drakeford said lesser the circuit breaker the longer it will need to have an impact (presumably this also is true for the later) and we're doing it on 23rd of October.

Are we acting too slowly again? If yes then it won't work to slow virus as effectively as we had imagined, it will create further negative economic impact and there will be more critics if the measure is suggested again even if it is the right idea.

What comes next? Is test/trace up and running properly yet? No figures for Wales but suggested that less than 20% are complying with isolation request in England, and higher rates of transmission where people are entering/staying in others houses so low compliance is seeing negative impact when measuring virus spread.

A circuit break and slide into full lockdown, the version seen earlier in the year, would be a pretty awful result for all.